We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Pure white mescaline HCl from cactus using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

69ron
#41 Posted : 4/9/2009 10:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
dlimonene wrote:
Swim wants to know what is the purpose of mixing calcium hydroxide with the water and powedered cacti? Is it possible for swim to bypass this step, and what effects would that have?

I do believe in it's natural state the cactus contains the alkaloids in the acidic state. By adding the calcium hydroxide you are converting this to a base that is much more soluble in solvents allowing the d-limonene to suck up those bitches like a hoover. Also the calcium hydroxide is better at breaking down the sticky matter in the cactus than other bases, such as sodium carbonate which can also be used in place of the calcium hydroxide, but doesn't work quite as well.

So it's quite vital.

Yeah, exactly. SWIM originally tried using sodium carbonate because he prefers that base, but it doesn’t work well at all for this type of extraction for the reasons soulfood mentioned.

dlimonene wrote:
Sodium bicarbonate work?

No. This tech works only with calcium hydroxide. It was designed specifically for it. SWIM tried many other bases and came to the conclusion that calcium hydroxide was by far the best for this type of tech. It’s got a few unique characteristics that are being utilized in this tech that no other strong base has. Because of it’s low water solubility, it helps break up the cactus power rather than clump the cactus power together, and it also helps break down the mucilage. If sodium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, or ammonium hydroxide was used, you'd get a sticky mess that’s nearly impossible to mix into the d-limonene. Don’t even try it. SWIM already did. You’ll be stuck with a giant ball of cactus goo. It just doesn’t work without calcium hydroxide.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

amor_fati
#42 Posted : 4/9/2009 11:58:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

69ron wrote:
With drying after freebasing you run the risk of damaging the alkaloids from too much heat if heat is used to dry it, or if a fan is used you run the risk of oxidizing them. Also freebase mescaline forms mescaline carbonate when exposed to air. So I don’t know, it might not be a good idea at all to dry it. By drying with a fan you may form mescaline carbonate and ruin the whole extraction process.

It became pretty apparent for SWIM that drying was not necessary when he noticed the consistency of the moistened material. It's incredibly easy to work with; though it sticks to everything, so be careful to keep it fairly centralized.

dlimonene
#43 Posted : 4/18/2009 5:15:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very good, albeit very informative of information regarding swims method of science behind bases. Swim wonders wether one would be able to get info like this at some place of sturdy. Swim thinks that the pathways to drug analysos are varied within a quantizable but inherently quantum mechanical substrate. The feelings swim has gained from the nature of calcium hydroxide has been refreshing. Swim looks forward to further discussions of a basic nature in regards to nothing involved in this thread or the threads on this web address/website.

Jorkest
#44 Posted : 4/18/2009 5:43:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

......huh
it's a sound

redeyesmj
#45 Posted : 4/19/2009 4:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

THANK YOU 69RON!!!!! Swim did his first extract yesterday and found it very easy. He started with 100 grams of san pedro and has only evperated half of the vinager and ended up with .78 of a gram. Wonderfull in swims eyes!! If i had a camera i would have posted pick! It was a nice looking on the bottom of the glass dish he used, waxy, slitly yellow CRISTAL patterns. swim has not bioassayed yet as it was late bu the time it had dryed all the way and swim was drinking mamosia tea last night and did not feel like staying up another 10 hours after he was done. swim will finish evaperating today, would he expect to get the same amount from his second pull with limonene? thank you again all and 69Ron most of!!

69ron
#46 Posted : 4/19/2009 5:30:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The first pull usually gets about 50%, the second about 40%, and the third is usually about 10%. It varies a lot though. Sometimes the second is more than the first, sometimes much less. Do at least 3 pulls, it's worth it usually. A fourth pull is not really worth the time.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

dlimonene
#47 Posted : 4/20/2009 11:07:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM thought he had obtained hydrated lime, Ball's preserving and pickling salt, and ended up with a big chunk of "cactus goo."Confused Is there anything that swim could do with the goo. Dry it out and try again when swim finds calcium hydroxide?

Infundibulum
#48 Posted : 4/20/2009 11:42:05 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM's FOAF tried the tek as stated using 100g T.pachanoi. The cactus/calcium hydroxide/water mix turned jelly-kind-of mass. When limonene was mixed with the latter, limonene was fully absorbed by the jelly mass and could not be retrieved neither by filtration nor squeezing.

Addition of 3 litres of water with the resulting jelly mass plus 50g more calcium hydroxide salvaged it by turning it to a standard cactus STB, thankfully with good results. Wink

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

HappyCamper
#49 Posted : 4/21/2009 12:14:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That last post makes SWIM wary. Seems like that's alot of mixing you would need to do. Wonder if xylene can still be used?

amor_fati
#50 Posted : 4/21/2009 12:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's last extraction had a jelly-like consistency, as he added a bit too much water. It didn't absorb the limonene though; it was a bit slower in THP than SWIM would have liked and required a bit more stirring, but he still managed to retrieve it in all of his washes, of which he did many.

dimitrius_rexus
#51 Posted : 4/21/2009 2:00:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
limonene was fully absorbed by the jelly mass and could not be retrieved neither by filtration nor squeezing.

the coffee press really helps here.

SWIM also added less water but may not have been enough to base all the cactus. yields are low but to be expected from his poor cacti material. yield could be a product of insufficient mixing as well. another reason to save every part of every step til you are sure that you are finished. SWIM will try mixing more and then adding more agua + CaOH as SWIY's FOAF infud. if more can be pulled.

this is more like a jumble notepad for SWIM for later...Smile happy 4/20 everyone.
All of my posts are fiction.

69ron
#52 Posted : 4/21/2009 2:27:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
SWIM's FOAF tried the tek as stated using 100g T.pachanoi. The cactus/calcium hydroxide/water mix turned jelly-kind-of mass. When limonene was mixed with the latter, limonene was fully absorbed by the jelly mass and could not be retrieved neither by filtration nor squeezing.

Addition of 3 litres of water with the resulting jelly mass plus 50g more calcium hydroxide salvaged it by turning it to a standard cactus STB, thankfully with good results. Wink

He must have screwed up somewhere along the line with the measurements. When done right that would never happen. SWIM and many others here have done this many times already and the d-limonene never gets stuck in the cactus mix.

amor_fati
#53 Posted : 4/21/2009 3:38:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was wondering: He's done similar teks that, rather than mixing dry lime and botanical material and then hydrating, they call for a saturated solution to be prepared beforehand and then added carefully while stirring to ensure that every part of the material is basified. Perhaps this would better ensure that material is completely but not excessively wet.

Also, SWIM's observed that the hydrated, basified cactus material tends to group together when submerged in limonene, much like magic sand. So, he cannot imagine how it would soak it up.

dlimonene
#54 Posted : 4/21/2009 5:00:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim tried this technique and got a plastic film on the top of the solution while evaporating, Is this alkaloids or d-limonene?, Because swim is sure swim had accidentaly at least 1ml of d-limonene left in the evap dish.

mapp
#55 Posted : 4/21/2009 7:11:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron, how would SWIY describe the differences of pure mescaline HCl versus mescaline acetate in terms of a higher strong trip dosage?

Infundibulum
#56 Posted : 4/21/2009 10:58:28 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

He must have screwed up somewhere along the line with the measurements. When done right that would never happen. SWIM and many others here have done this many times already and the d-limonene never gets stuck in the cactus mix.

Might be, even though his measurements are usually pretty accurate. But what could have actually been screwed as SWIY suggests? SWIM's friend did mix the cactus/water/Ca(OH)2/limonene thoroughly, could it be that he overdid it?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#57 Posted : 4/21/2009 5:45:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
69ron wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

Might be, even though his measurements are usually pretty accurate. But what could have actually been screwed as SWIY suggests? SWIM's friend did mix the cactus/water/Ca(OH)2/limonene thoroughly, could it be that he overdid it?

I don't know. SWIM has now done this many times and never saw the d-limonene get stuck in the mix. Was the dry cactus powder and calcium hydroxide thoroughly mixed before adding the water? That's how SWIM does it.

69ron
#58 Posted : 4/21/2009 5:52:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
69ron, how would SWIY describe the differences of pure mescaline HCl versus mescaline acetate in terms of a higher strong trip dosage?

It’s very different. With the impure mescaline acetate there are two distinct peaks experienced. One at about 90 minutes and the other at about 4 hours. Also the impure mescaline acetate comes on quicker.

The impure mescaline acetate contains other active alkaloids which are psychedelic on their own without mescaline. They come on quickly, within about 5 minutes if enough is taken. They produce a harmaline like effect that’s a little sedating, makes you a little tingly and numb, and they produce visual effects during their peak. When taken as a whole extract with mescaline acetate, they alter the experience for the first 3 hours making the trip more dreamy, more relaxed. They take away from the crystal clear headspace of mescaline.

SWIM prefers mescaline without the other alkaloids. Your mind is clearer and the experience is more of an experience involving the world around you rather than a dreamy withdrawn experience.

The impure mescaline acetate is stronger than pure mescaline because the other alkaloids present potentiate the effects of mescaline a little. But SWIM still prefers pure mescaline.

T
#59 Posted : 4/23/2009 5:33:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, SWIM had some trouble with his extraction that he could fortunately resolve.

When he mixed his Hcl solution to the limonene he had those precipitations from limonene that 69ron mentions in point 4 if too concentrated Hcl is used.
He just wanted to make sure, he used 10ml 2M Hcl with 25ml of water which he thinks is only slightly stronger than in the tek. Or it could be that he shaked his sep. funnel, the result was a white foam that refused to separate. He diped his funnel into boiling water for a couple of minutes until he had two distinct layers but the water smelt like limonene afterwards. The second and third pulls with the same amount of Hcl separated fine even after shaking.

He's wondering if it was too much Hcl or the shaking that caused the problem?
"Once I thought I'd been offered a joint but had been given angel dust. I smoked it, but had horrific hallucinations - oh my God, I was out of control.
I saw eight of everything and believed that I could fly.
That was when I stopped taking drugs. I started doing them to be a rebel, then realised that doing drugs just meant I was being an idiot.
Now I hate drugs. I constantly tell kids to stay away from them - they are the root of all evil." - David Gest

randomname138
#60 Posted : 4/23/2009 10:27:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim salted his limonene with dilute sulfuric acid that was acquired as a fishtank ph regulator.
swims first 2 pulls are quite excellent and has a nice plate of needles but the salt is still oily gonna have to wait for it to dry to the touch but methinks that some tiny amounts of limonene might have been carried over. but it should evap right?

PREV12345NEXT»