We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Pure white mescaline HCl from cactus using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

Maxax
#21 Posted : 3/29/2009 12:46:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How do you serperate the water and the d-limonene ?
How can you evaporate the water without a food dehydrator ?

Many thx in advance

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#22 Posted : 3/29/2009 7:14:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can use a turkey baster to suck up the water from below the d-limonene, or use a separatory funnel. A separatory funnel is easier and takes less time. (Edit: a gravy separator works nearly as well as a separatory funnel.) The two layers a very distinctly different visually. If using a turkey baster it should be a glass, metal, or polypropylene baster; you should use a glass Pyrex measuring cup or other glass container so that you can easily see if you're sucking up just the water with the baster. There are other methods.

To evaporate the end product you can place it in an oven at 200 F.

Take a look at this thread for more information: Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil)
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Kannamate
#23 Posted : 3/29/2009 11:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is a baster,or funnel what you would use for seperating vinegar from limonene? How do you powder fresh cactus dry then coffee grinder and does anybody have an estimate of how much workable material you get from fresh cactus say SWIM gets 48-60" how many grams powder would he get?

VisualDistortion
#24 Posted : 3/30/2009 2:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It all depends on the weight. Mescaline content typically varies from 1-5%. SWIY could get up to 5 grams of mescaline from 100g of dried cactus, but don't count on it.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Kannamate
#25 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:06:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not talking yield I mean how much dried powdered would you get from wet fresh cut cactus decored and despined like from 48" of fresh cacti is it 100grams?

69ron
#26 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:22:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The wet cactus is about 92% water I believe, so you'd have to weigh it and multiply the results by 0.08. For example, if you had 1000 grams of wet cactus, 1000 x 0.08 = 80 grams dry cactus.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Kannamate
#27 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:33:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok that makes sense is there anyway you can know about how much it would weigh based on measurements like 12" tall 3.5 wide?Is a baster,or funnel what you would use for seperating vinegar from limonene,how do you powder fresh cactus dry then coffee grinder?

Dorge
#28 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:38:03 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

SWIMS got some frozen cactus it was alive, not dried any ideas on how to do an extraction with that? seems potentially quite messy...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Kannamate
#29 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:54:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

found an estimate on erowid not sure if it's accurate should be close I would guess
1.5 - 2.0 inch diameter section = 1.0 ounces per inch of length
2.0 - 2.5 inch diameter section = 1.5 ounces per inch of length.
2.5 - 3.0 inch diameter section = 2.0 ounces per inch of length
3.0 - 3.5 inch diameter section = 2.5 ounces per inch of length
3.5 - 4.0 inch diameter section = 3.0 ounces per inch of length
4.0 - 4.5 inch diameter section = 3.5 ounces per inch of length

69ron
#30 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:43:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
found an estimate on erowid not sure if it's accurate should be close I would guess
1.5 - 2.0 inch diameter section = 1.0 ounces per inch of length
2.0 - 2.5 inch diameter section = 1.5 ounces per inch of length.
2.5 - 3.0 inch diameter section = 2.0 ounces per inch of length
3.0 - 3.5 inch diameter section = 2.5 ounces per inch of length
3.5 - 4.0 inch diameter section = 3.0 ounces per inch of length
4.0 - 4.5 inch diameter section = 3.5 ounces per inch of length

Ok, that's at least something to start with.

Kannamate wrote:
Ok that makes sense is there anyway you can know about how much it would weigh based on measurements like 12" tall 3.5 wide?

Trichocereus pachanoi is 93.5% water by weight according to Poisson (1960). 100% - 93.5% = 6.5% dry matter.

So, with that above data, a 12" tall 3.5" wide piece of San Pedro would weigh about 36 oz (1020 grams). You multiply 1020 grams by 0.065 and you get a dry weight of 66.3 grams.

Kannamate wrote:
Is a baster,or funnel what you would use for seperating vinegar from limonene,how do you powder fresh cactus dry then coffee grinder?

Yes, a baster or separatory funnel is what you'd use to separate the HCl water solution from the limonene. (For this tech, HCl is used, vinegar is for the other tech.)

Yes, dry it and then grind it. You can also buy it already in powder form from several vendors.

LLB wrote:
SWIMS got some frozen cactus it was alive, not dried any ideas on how to do an extraction with that? seems potentially quite messy...

Dry it first. It's really hard to extract from wet cactus. Freebase mescaline is soluble in water so you want as little water present as possible. That's why this tech only uses a tiny amount of water. If more water was added, yields would drop dramatically.

coolerf
#31 Posted : 3/31/2009 8:26:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is wanting to do an extraction of mescaline from san pedro. Where from and how much cactus should SWIM aquire to have a good extraction of at least 15g. And would it be better to use food grade or high purity d-Limonene?

Also what kind of containers did SWIM use?

Dorge
#32 Posted : 4/1/2009 2:35:59 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Could swim possibly brew it down to a resin and then do an extraction of that?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Maxax
#33 Posted : 4/7/2009 10:27:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to seperate the mescaline and the other alkoids in the san pedro and get pure mescaline and a other product that contains these seperate alkoids . I have heard these are also very nice but I dont want to ruin my mescaline and would like to try the other alkoids on its own .

soulfood
#34 Posted : 4/7/2009 10:46:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Maxax wrote:
Is it possible to seperate the mescaline and the other alkoids in the san pedro and get pure mescaline and a other product that contains these seperate alkoids . I have heard these are also very nice but I dont want to ruin my mescaline and would like to try the other alkoids on its own .

Couldn't one first use hcl to get the mainly pure mescaline out of the limonene pull and then follow up with vinegar?

Maxax
#35 Posted : 4/7/2009 10:54:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Maxax wrote:

Couldn't one first use hcl to get the mainly pure mescaline out of the limonene pull and then follow up with vinegar?

So do another pull on the plant material or at the limonene ?

dlimonene
#36 Posted : 4/9/2009 2:18:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim wants to know what is the purpose of mixing calcium hydroxide with the water and powedered cacti? Is it possible for swim to bypass this step, and what effects would that have?

soulfood
#37 Posted : 4/9/2009 3:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

dlimonene wrote:
Swim wants to know what is the purpose of mixing calcium hydroxide with the water and powedered cacti? Is it possible for swim to bypass this step, and what effects would that have?

I do believe in it's natural state the cactus contains the alkaloids in the acidic state. By adding the calcium hydroxide you are converting this to a base that is much more soluble in solvents allowing the d-limonene to suck up those bitches like a hoover. Also the calcium hydroxide is better at breaking down the sticky matter in the cactus than other bases, such as sodium carbonate which can also be used in place of the calcium hydroxide, but doesn't work quite as well.

So it's quite vital.

dlimonene
#38 Posted : 4/9/2009 8:21:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sodium bicarbonate work?

T
#39 Posted : 4/9/2009 9:44:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Dry it first. It's really hard to extract from wet cactus. Freebase mescaline is soluble in water so you want as little water present as possible. That's why this tech only uses a tiny amount of water. If more water was added, yields would drop dramatically.

Would it be better than to dry after the freebasing?
"Once I thought I'd been offered a joint but had been given angel dust. I smoked it, but had horrific hallucinations - oh my God, I was out of control.
I saw eight of everything and believed that I could fly.
That was when I stopped taking drugs. I started doing them to be a rebel, then realised that doing drugs just meant I was being an idiot.
Now I hate drugs. I constantly tell kids to stay away from them - they are the root of all evil." - David Gest

69ron
#40 Posted : 4/9/2009 10:40:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With drying after freebasing you run the risk of damaging the alkaloids from too much heat if heat is used to dry it, or if a fan is used you run the risk of oxidizing them. Also freebase mescaline forms mescaline carbonate when exposed to air. So I don’t know, it might not be a good idea at all to dry it. By drying with a fan you may form mescaline carbonate and ruin the whole extraction process.

PREV1234NEXT»