We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First Pharma Success Options

Global
#21 Posted : 1/4/2013 5:27:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

ObsidianKnife wrote:
@Parshvik Chintan + @The Traveler – there are surely dangers (psychologically + life-threatening) in administering an maoi in combination with an entheogen in a self-experimentation scenario (ie, overdosing 'by accident'Pleased?

I think perhaps what they're getting at is why it is you believe that the MAOI would only be a dangerous combination when ingested in the "Western" fashion as you put it as opposed to say ayahuasca where equal amounts of either DMT or the harmala alkaloids may be consumed. There seems no logical reason you could offer why it should be more dangerous when the extracts are taken versus what equates to the same dosage in brews (of which brews at such doses are consumed regularly). Furthermore your speculation clearly shows no basis in facts, for you have no evidence to offer to support your point. While there are many physical dangers with "irreversible MAOIs" the harmala alkaloids are RIMAs (short-term/reversible) and do not present many of the same dangers associated with other MAOIs such that dietary restrictions are really more lenient than they appear to be.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

chocobeastie
#22 Posted : 1/4/2013 10:53:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well, I haven't taken DMT orally for a few years now (prefer the tea), but was just making the point that even in an inefficient freebase form, some people will need heaps of DMT whatever form it comes in!

Jorkest, It doesn't bear out that just because you need 30mg and a strong MAOI that it will you get everyone very deep. Even when I took enough vine root bark that I could barely move my arm, 80mg was still 80mg, not that strong for me!

But, I agree with you about high dose DMT not being necessary all the time. The tendency amongst gringo and non-gringo shamans is to really give people high DMT brews and I believe that will not result in an integrated experience and is not so necessary all the time. I myself like light brews these days (rue and admixutre or vine and admixture)

But for me a light brew is when I will journey a little bit into some different places, but not for so long.

ObsidianKnife
#23 Posted : 1/4/2013 11:46:08 AM

know thyself

@Global - thanks for the reminder about the 'irreversible MAOIs' + the RIMAs (short-term/reversible) harmala alkaloids.
Peace

Global
#24 Posted : 1/4/2013 1:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

chocobeastie wrote:

Jorkest, It doesn't bear out that just because you need 30mg and a strong MAOI that it will you get everyone very deep. Even when I took enough vine root bark that I could barely move my arm, 80mg was still 80mg, not that strong for me!

chocobeastie, bear in mind that everyone's sensitivity to pharma ranges so drastically and is probably one of the largest and oddest variations in sensitivity to any form of DMT. Because everyone's metabolisms and digestive systems work differently at different rates, you could have a large person for example who is extremely sensitive to pharma (maybe not sensitive to vaped DMT) or you could have a small person with a relatively low sensitivity to pharma. Weight (while a factor) doesn't seem to always be the best indicator of this sensitivity. Some people need 50mg for what others need 200mg and it's not necessarily because of "taking it incorrectly". I've consumed pharma with some companions before, and even though we consume the same doses, the intensity of effects radically vary for everybody. Pharma additionally has all sorts of ways for misfiring or as Jorkest mentioned, even the eating of the right food at the right time can spur on the digestion of DMT, whereas many will fast the whole way through. Ultimately for those who are having trouble with pharma, though caution is recommended for it's a very strong combination, but smoking DMT on a weak or failed pharma experience should be enough to plunge you further than you've probably gone in hyperspace for quite a duration.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Botanical Bliss
#25 Posted : 1/27/2013 4:59:22 PM

SeeingFacesInManyPlaces

Going to an Apple store on pharmahuasca? Laughing To each their own I guess haha

I actually had my first pharma journey the other day, and lucky me, it was my first attempt and it worked. Eventually I'll take the time to type up a report for it on here. Might I add that I only had 30mg of freebase left, so not much at all. I had read about how much the dosage varies orally, so I was originally gonna brew rue tea and just blast off, but I decided to see how 30mg orally would be for me and it was enough that's for sure! Not super strong, but the peak was... something else.
[center]Sophia's Light

In darkest night, when lights are dim, and all in sight seems sad and grim,
I find you there, your arms surround me, your spirit fills me and it grounds me.
I look to you, Lady of Truth, most ancient One, yet eternal youth,to keep me safe, protect my heart,and with the wisdom you impart, fill up my empty mind and soul,so that, my Lover, you can make whole, all that was broken in this day –and that is what I ask and pray.

sauSage
#26 Posted : 1/28/2013 7:02:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Botanical Bliss wrote:
Going to an Apple store on pharmahuasca? Laughing To each their own I guess haha

I live in an area that's really good for walking. Long walks on LSD are common because there's lots to see and stare at. That particular day we just happened to make that our destination.

Botanical Bliss wrote:
I actually had my first pharma journey the other day, and lucky me, it was my first attempt and it worked. Eventually I'll take the time to type up a report for it on here. Might I add that I only had 30mg of freebase left, so not much at all. I had read about how much the dosage varies orally, so I was originally gonna brew rue tea and just blast off, but I decided to see how 30mg orally would be for me and it was enough that's for sure! Not super strong, but the peak was... something else.

by contrast I had another pharma experience this weekend. 220mg harmine and 45mg dmt and this one was much less intense than the last one. I recreated everything identically to the last time with the exception of the walk and the batch of DMT that i used. I felt really good, and got some mild CEVs, but not a lot of OEVs this time. So either my body didn't get MAOI'd totally, or this particular batch of DMT is less potent than the other. I'm going to crank it up to 60mg next time and see what happens.

peace

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

PREV12