We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Limonene at a retail store? Options

VisualDistortion
#1 Posted : 3/11/2009 9:27:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do any retail stores carry limonene? SWIM is leaving his house in life half an hour and would like to pick some up. If not he'll just get some DCM to get the jungle spice tomorrow.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 3/11/2009 9:53:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

if they do, it's typically in the form of cleaning solutions. check the labels..any sort of orange cleaner more than likely uses limonene (of course, you'll want something that says "technical grade" limonene, or has primarily limonene and no surfactants/gels)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#3 Posted : 3/12/2009 4:59:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not order it online? You can get it in safe food grade form online. That’s how SWIM gets his. The stuff is fantastic. Its really good for extracting mescaline and smells like lemons instead of a nasty solvent smell like most other solvents.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#4 Posted : 3/12/2009 10:43:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because I wanted to pick it up before I go to work so SWIM could finish his extraction before he left town for the weekend and dump out that nasty lye water mixture.

69ron
#5 Posted : 3/12/2009 11:41:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't believe people use lye at home. That's so dangerous.

SWIM hasn’t used lye in ages.

SWIM just extracted a ton of mescaline using a food grade STB tech he created. He used edible lime (food grade calcium hydroxide) as the base, edible food grade d-limonene as the NP solvent, and edible food grade vinegar as the acid. The yields are fantastic and NON TOXIC! Plus you don’t need to wear special protection because none of the chemicals used are dangerous to handle. You could extract it in the nude if you wanted.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#6 Posted : 3/12/2009 12:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I already do my extractions in the nude...

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 3/12/2009 12:54:59 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

why, lye burns ur nads fast dude - watch out - acetone eats pubes too.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 3/12/2009 1:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol

hey ron, I understand if you dont like to use it but I dont understand why you think its so absurd that people use lye..

SWIM has never had a problem with caustic soda. He wears gloves, glasses and mask. Nothing can happen unless one is not careful, and SWIM is always careful

benzyme
#9 Posted : 3/12/2009 1:37:31 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ron (or someone he knows) probably burned themselves while handling the stuff.
it's understandable.. swim always handles it as if the same could happen to him. safety glasses (always), and gloves
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#10 Posted : 3/12/2009 1:43:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes I bet he either burned himself or saw someone badly burned... and thats why I understand if he doesnt want to do it himself.. but everything in life has risks.. one could have had a car accident and then decide never again to drive, but he should also comprehend if other people still want to use cars, as long as they do it safely...

Sodium hydroxide is easily found in many places, and it works perfectly for STB (which is maybe the most used process around), so... as long as people are really careful, seems fine to me. Where SWIM is living now for example he still didnt find any other base apart from lye and sodium carbonate, and the lye is even food grade. But yes def always handling with great care.

69ron
#11 Posted : 3/12/2009 4:22:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM saw an LSD chemist spill some concentrated lye on his hand accidentally. It was horrible. It burned really fast and left a huge scar.

I don't understand why people want to use lye because its not needed. For STB techs calcium hydroxide works really well. You just need to learn how to use it. For A/B techs sodium carbonate and ammonia also work really well. Ammonia is actually preferred by a lot of the pros. SWIM gets fantastic yields from chacruna and chaliponga using sodium carbonate, and now uses calcium hydroxide for all his cactus STBs.

When there are safer alternatives to lye that work really well, it just doesn't make sense that people prefer something more dangerous.

VisualDistortion
#12 Posted : 3/12/2009 7:38:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel pretty safe when I use. I wear a lab coat, glasses, face shield, and wear gloves. And I have an open bottle of vinegar very close to where I am working.

69ron
#13 Posted : 3/12/2009 8:41:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As long as you know the dangers of using lye and you make sure to take the necessary precautions and ensure it doesn't get into the hands of someone irresponsible than it’s fine.

justin4529
#14 Posted : 3/25/2009 6:16:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Ammonia is actually preferred by a lot of the pros. When there are safer alternatives to lye that work really well, it just doesn't make sense that people prefer something more dangerous.

"...if all the worlds a stage, then welcome to the show..." ... this forum is an improv... and im just playing my part.

justin4529
#15 Posted : 3/25/2009 6:20:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can someone please elaborate on the practicallity and effectivness of using amonnia as your base in a STB tek? Ron says most of the pros use it, and Ron DOES seem to know his stuff. It just dosnt seem to add though that if ammonia works just as well, and can be bought in most ANY supermarket, and isnt monitored by many DEA agecies like sodium hydroxide is, why there is even a debate on using other bases. Surely there must be some drawbacks?
"...if all the worlds a stage, then welcome to the show..." ... this forum is an improv... and im just playing my part.

69ron
#16 Posted : 3/25/2009 9:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did DMT extraction tests with chacruna using a standard A/B and found that ammonia works just as well as sodium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, and sodium carbonate. SWIM saw absolutely no change in yield among any of these bases. None at all.

A lot of SWIMs claim ammonia doesn't work as well as sodium hydroxide does specifically for DMT extraction from MIMOSA. SWIM did not do a thorough base extraction test on mimosa using all these different bases. Maybe mimosa is some how unique and for it sodium hydroxide works better? I'm not really sure. SWIM would need to run tests to see if this is just an internet rumor or factual.

As is it, pretty much all the reports of DMT quantity in mimosa that you see in print from various authors were initially extracted using ammonia as the base in an A/B. That's the standard for alkaloid extraction. The other common base is sodium carbonate. Many alkaloids are destroyed at pH 12 and above, so by using ammonia or sodium carbonate, you ensure that no alkaloids are destroyed.

Sodium hydroxide is rarely ever used for alkaloid field tests because it's a strong base and known to easily destroy some alkaloids (like bufotenine, psilocin, psilocybin, etc.), thereby ruining a field test's accuracy. Because of that, people doing field tests for alkaloids rarely ever use it.

appelseen
#17 Posted : 3/25/2009 2:00:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys - here's msds for a certain "Orange oil" solvent.
Is this same as d-limonene?

Code:

8028-48-6 Inhibited citrus terpene  >25%    R10-38-50/53   Xi, N, F
112-34-5  Butyldiglycol             5-10%   R36            Xi
128-37-0  Butylhydroxytoluene       ca.0,1%  oxidation prevention
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

appelseen
#18 Posted : 3/25/2009 2:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I googled, and it looks like Butyl diglycol is water-soluble, whereas citrus terpene (limonene) is not water-soluble.

So SWIM could get hold of this stuff, run water through it and end up with almost clean limonene. Correct?
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

kryptonit
#19 Posted : 3/26/2009 9:46:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any1 know if its possible to store DMT in roomtemperature protected from light and moisture and for how long?
thx and peace!

mapp
#20 Posted : 3/27/2009 3:06:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Do any retail stores carry limonene? SWIM is leaving his house in life half an hour and would like to pick some up. If not he'll just get some DCM to get the jungle spice tomorrow.

Any luck finding d-limonene in a store?

12NEXT