We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Full Members Discrimination Options

ZenSpice
#41 Posted : 5/5/2013 8:24:08 PM

Mostly Ignored

I kind of like being part of "The Brotherhood Without Banners" Cool

ZenSpice attached the following image(s):
game-of-thrones-season-3-beric-dondarrion.jpg (36kb) downloaded 161 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anrchy
#42 Posted : 5/5/2013 8:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ZenSpice wrote:
I kind of like being part of "The Brotherhood Without Banners" Cool

hahahah thats hilarious.

Now instead of an icon it should read, "Brotherhood without banners"

oh man thats a knee slapper.

LOVE game of thrones BTW
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

ZenSpice
#43 Posted : 5/5/2013 8:58:37 PM

Mostly Ignored

(not to derail BUT) Game of Thrones + lowdose twice per episode = MAGIC!!!

#44 Posted : 5/5/2013 9:31:10 PM

Game Master

ZenSpice wrote:
(not to derail BUT) Game of Thrones + lowdose twice per episode = MAGIC!!!

Hmm. I tried watching something and smoking only once. Didn't like it, felt like too casual a use of the molecule. But to each their own.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

ZenSpice
#45 Posted : 5/5/2013 9:38:02 PM

Mostly Ignored

If that was only intent you would be right..

Allow me a moment to elaborate and clarify..

I decided after a couple of breakthroughs I was going to lowdose for a week (mentioned in my previous thread 'highdose=hyperspace lowdose=innerspace'Pleased. I did this by having two small doses (5-10mg) twice each morning..

Now being in the UK and not being someone who watches broadcast TV (and does not pay for TV license for that very reason) I tend to download what was on the night before (subject to the few programs I watch that are American network programs).

Just so happens on the Monday Game of Thrones comes out. My wife likes for me and her to watch it before getting on with the rest of the day. I chose to lowdose as normal as I was getting ready to watch (purely a synchronistic and unplanned event).

I happened to find it added a great level of depth to my thought on the program (no surprise) and being a fan I felt this was very enjoyable.

After the week of lowdosing I went on a break before going back to larger doses (now 35mg).

Apologies for lack of clarity in previous post (and also now derailing this thread in feeling the need to explain further). It is not something I do regularly (as per yourself I am saving my spice for more important things) and I just happened to very much enjoy the moment.

I hope this adds sense to what I was saying, sincere apologies for any derailment.

DeMenTed
#46 Posted : 5/6/2013 1:47:48 AM

Barry

smokerx wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

NewMember
SeniorMember
Administrator

Forgot everything that was said here and listen to me again.

What I wanted was that every rank to have a badge. NewMember have one, SenoirMember have one, Moderator have one, Administrator have one so my question is why Member have non ? Is it really so difficult Trav or am I missing here something ?

If you give badge to everyone going up the rank that my question is why NewMembers have one and Memebers dont? I mean to become a Member you must contribute with something right?

This is my last post in this thread (unless someone starts listening) cos It looks like even I have started this thread no one was listening to me. I thought that what I was proposing made sense or am I wrong ?

You make perfect sense but this subject has been brought up before and it got nowhere. Maybe one day Trav will bless us with an icon Smile

Kash
#47 Posted : 5/6/2013 3:21:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

I agree that it would be nice to have a full member icon. A full tree indicating you graduated from a seed icon new member doesnt seem illogical.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

#48 Posted : 5/6/2013 4:18:52 AM

Game Master

Nah, there are already too many ranks and icons. Who needs such ego aggrandizement? It's bad enough there are little brains and leafs for various "experts" and whatnot. The little pre-full-member icon is actually rather demeaning. I understand it serves a purpose, but a clean avatar free from dozens of little rankings is just fine with me.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

ZenSpice
#49 Posted : 5/6/2013 9:41:04 AM

Mostly Ignored

I feel some of the icons are warranted.. I mean when I see someone has an icon that essentially indicates "Harm Reduction" for example then I know if this person is giving advice or responding to others about being careful, that they have a pretty good idea what they are on about. After all it is earned and given, not just adorned for some random reason.

Basic iconography to indicate such things serves a good purpose, as does the sapling icon. Sitting in the middle between to two, I really don't see why a full member requires anything at all. I also fail to see how the sapling icon can be seen as demeaning when all it really does is visually indicate who might need to be offered a little more assistance (or flexibility with adhering to the attitude).

Besides, it admittedly felt kind of nice the day I logged on and found out I had been made a full member. Personally it made me feel more connected to the community, as well as more determined to adhere to the attitude along with added desire to contribute.

I hope we can remain as a brotherhood without banners Wink

The Traveler
#50 Posted : 5/6/2013 9:57:15 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

smokerx wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

NewMember
SeniorMember
Administrator

Forgot everything that was said here and listen to me again.

What I wanted was that every rank to have a badge. NewMember have one, SenoirMember have one, Moderator have one, Administrator have one so my question is why Member have non ? Is it really so difficult Trav or am I missing here something ?

If you give badge to everyone going up the rank that my question is why NewMembers have one and Memebers dont? I mean to become a Member you must contribute with something right?

This is my last post in this thread (unless someone starts listening) cos It looks like even I have started this thread no one was listening to me. I thought that what I was proposing made sense or am I wrong ?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=446284#post446284 :
The Traveler wrote:
All current icons are there to show that something different is going on with that member that should be noticed. As such an icon for full or 'normal' members would make not much sense.

As for the idea of other special icons that can be voted for: It does not happen that often that I see a member who deserves a special icon and if many people have them then they would not be special anymore.

So for now I will leave the system as it is.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

hostilis
#51 Posted : 5/8/2013 7:38:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
I actually had an idea for this! There are many folks here who aren't primarily into DMT. So, I was thinking maybe we could have a few different icons for full members to choose from, like say a mushroom, a caapi vine, a mimosa tree, a bicycle (for LSD), maybe a GVG and so on.

I would have a mushroom, since that is where most of my psychedelic experience lies, in eating and growing.

My original idea was more of an "expert in" what ever subject. So, I was hoping with my mushroom knowledge I could have a mushroom, so when I comment on people's mushroom threads they can be confident in the information I give them.

Either way, it might be cool to have maybe five "full member" icons to choose from.

Or maybe just a little man or woman with a hat?

I love this idea! There needs to be a Cactus too. Like a peyotee or trichocereus. And we could just choose one of them when we edit our details. That way the mods wouldn't have to go through and make everyone's specific to them. We would do it.

These wouldn't be showing rank. Just interest. I don't really feel opinionated either way. I'm fine without an icon. It would be nifty to be able to pick one out of like 5 that we could use.

Just my $0.02
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

The Traveler
#52 Posted : 5/8/2013 8:39:16 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

hostilis wrote:
Mr.Peabody wrote:

I love this idea! There needs to be a Cactus too. Like a peyotee or trichocereus. And we could just choose one of them when we edit our details. That way the mods wouldn't have to go through and make everyone's specific to them. We would do it.

These wouldn't be showing rank. Just interest. I don't really feel opinionated either way. I'm fine without an icon. It would be nifty to be able to pick one out of like 5 that we could use.

Just my $0.02

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=446284#post446284 :
The Traveler wrote:
All current icons are there to show that something different is going on with that member that should be noticed. As such an icon for full or 'normal' members would make not much sense.

As for the idea of other special icons that can be voted for: It does not happen that often that I see a member who deserves a special icon and if many people have them then they would not be special anymore.

So for now I will leave the system as it is.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I am closing this topic since the same question keeps popping up with the same answer.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV123