We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Way to the Last World Options

Ripheus23
#1 Posted : 12/20/2012 12:12:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so I have had this often slow-in-coming vision of a plane of existence that my intuition says might correspond to extreme psychedelic states. Having limited experience with salvia and MDMA and none with DMT, I want to present my vision to people here for them to compare with their residual memory of breakthrough trips. I'm hoping that my account of what I will be calling "the Last World" resonates with anyone who's broken through. If it does so resonate... Well, not sure what that would imply, but it'd be interesting to me, anyway.

Without further delay:

Premise 1. Time is not a straight line. Evidence: there is a problem in the philosophy of music as to why pure instrumental music is correlated with emotions. As instrumental songs don't contain lyrics, they don't contain words that refer to emotions or descriptions of scenarios with which people could sympathetically identify in order to feel a relevant emotion.

Musical notation reminds me of graphs of numbers. But music is not graphed in spatial but temporal terms. Now consider talking about emotional "highs" and "lows." These are not positions in space. Are they positions in time? If they are, then our lives don't trace a straight line from past to present to future, but arc up and down through a second dimension of time. Emotional consciousness is like kinesthesia, then, only temporal instead of spatial. Pure instrumental music evokes emotions because it is isomorphic to the pure temporal form of emotion.

Premise 2 (assumed). Curved lines in time coalesce, from a higher-dimensional vantage point, into polygonal structures. These coalesce in turn into polyhedra.

Premise 3 (assumed). Temporal polyhedra are more than the sums of their parts just as a full organic body is more than the sum of its cells. That is, these polyhedra have lives of their own. These lives trace lines through a geometric manifold in a way that corresponds to how we, from within space, trace lines in time. Those trans-temporal lines reiterate the process referred to in premise 2. The resulting trans-temporal polyhedra go on to reflect themselves into a hyper-trans-temporal state (please forgive that lexical atrocity), and so on, infinitely.

From Cantor we know that there are an infinity of infinities. The process referred to in premise 3 therefore escalates into the domain of the aleph numbers. Each threefold set of dimensions constitutes a plane of existence. Therefore, "next to" our spatial world, there is an aleph-numbered series of planes.

DMT conjecture 1: part of the DMT breakthrough experience involves our consciousness simulating/translating itself through this series.

Now Cantor thought that there was a type of infinity that was conceivable as totally outside, or transcending, the aleph-numbered series. He called this the Absolute Infinite.

DMT conjecture 2: the final breakthrough is to the Absolute Infinite.

Premise 4. The Kantian conception of pure reason corresponds to our ability to conceive the Absolute Infinite. Evidence: the regressive dynamic of transcendental dialectics pushes us towards an idea of the total synthesis of all parts. The Absolute Infinite would comprehend the synthesis of all other infinities; therefore, the concept of the Absolute Infinite is a product of the absolute exercise of pure reason.

Premise 5 (assumed). Pure reason is objectively valid only when used for practical purposes (i.e. in ethics).

Conclusion from the foregoing: the only objectively valid information we have about the Absolute Infinite is that it is morally determined. The only concrete representations of Absolute Infinity are, therefore, based on moral conceptions.

Premise 6. The Absolute Infinite is the seat of all possible truth. Evidence: the pure concept of truth serves as the general form of all truth. Conceptual purification/refining involves the regressive dynamics of pure reason, applied to concepts. The ultimate truth, then, is to be understood in a way as the Form of Truth (to put it in Plato's terms).

Transcendence is inherently mysterious. There is a degree of ineffability to transcendent states. Is this due to the limitations of those who find themselves in these states, or is the Form of Mystery, you might call it, essential to the Absolute Infinite also?

Questions and answers go conceptually hand in hand. An answer is an assertion, and assertions are what are true or false. Therefore, pure truth in itself implies a pure question. Moreover, all knowledge is based on the ability to ask questions, wherefore the relationship between the Form of Mystery and the Form of Truth is another Form, namely that of proof/justification/knowledge/etc. The heart of the Last World, the plane of existence that corresponds to Absolute Infinity, then, is a Trinity of Forms, the Form of the Good even.

T. McKenna wrote:
There are many of these things, but the main thing that's happening is that they are engaged in a linguistic activity of some sort, which we do not have words for, but it's visible language. They are doing the visible language trip.

Right and wrong can be defined as true and false action. When our actions are statements in a language, statements of truth, then they are right. (Any language has rules for how to use it: this is a solid enough observation of Wittgenstein's, so the rules of the language of action are involved in the rules of right and wrong.) These are the True Words of the mystical tradition, even. Christ was the Word, for example, because His entire life was the sinless representation in His actions of the Trinity. That is, Christ was a living symbol, a living name, for the Trinity. (If you pay attention to a certain theme in the New Testament, that of Christ superseding the Jerusalem temple, and consider that the Kodesh Kodashim was referred to as the Name of God on Earth, you'll see that Christ was self-consciously trying to replace the temple with Himself as God's Name.)

Doing philosophy shows us that the concept of existence is similar or identical to the concept of denotation/reference. This can be inferred from e.g. the problem of empty terms. Now Kant says a divine understanding would refer to objects not by finding objects and then applying its referential capacity thereto, but in the act of trying to refer itself. A divine understanding, then, as morally pure, acts in such a way that all its actions are True Words, and those of these Words that are also Names refer through the act of referring, viz. they create what they refer to.

Now some things are directly possible only on condition of an antecedent possibility being given in fact. For example, right now I can type on a computer only because I in fact currently am sitting at a computer. Premise 7 (not assumed; evidence self-implicit). A divine entity can create obligations because it exists in the Last World, the world of the Forms and therefore all the grace of pure reason. But by creating an obligation, it would make something possible, namely the fulfillment of said obligation. This is due to the principle that ought implies can. In this way, the context in which an obligation can be fulfilled is created as such:

1. X ought to be the case.
2. X can be the case.
3. X can be the case if and only if Y is the case.
C. Therefore, Y is the case.

In other words, actuality can be attained by routing possibility through obligation. A kind of bootstrapping, you might say. But obligations as the source of right and wrong go with the concept of True Words, then. So a divine entity creates objects by speaking True Words that correspond to obligations, so that the act of creation-by-reference is perichoretically united with the process of creation-by-obligation.

The Last World, then, supposing that it exists, has the power to create physical reality. And directly interfacing with the Trinity presents this absolute and infinite power to us.

DMT conjecture 3: the last stage of a high-level DMT trip is apprehension of the Trinity at the heart of the Last World.

Premise 8. Individual persons are morality, not just subject to its standards. Evidence: premise 8 follows from Kant's doctrine of autonomy (and conception of personality).

But now what is a person? A person is a set of emotions and actions, the things that trace a line in time. The lines we trace in the second dimension of time are us, more or less. Since this is what pure instrumental music draws inspiration from, then in the Last World, individual persons would resemble music, or have musical power. Music as a language, written in terms of the True Words, would then be how the Trinity "talks" creation into existing. So DMT trip reports of entities in DMT hyperspace generating objects musically are almost literally correct (on the supposition that DMT hyperspace is, at this stage, equivalent to the Last World).

On an emanationist metaphysics, God creates by emanating Itself down through the dimensional series. Its initial emanation would be of a structure comparable to Itself, i.e. another Trinity. Premise 9 (assumed; I have an argument for this assumption but it would take us far from the topic). The first emanated Trinity is Love. Love has to do with individual persons understood as irreplaceable (you don't switch out someone you love for someone else). Therefore, the form (Form?) of Love, as a personal force, is the Song of Love's True Power, and it is this song through which our personal world is created.

DMT conjecture 4: some of the feelings of awe, gratitude, love, etc. reported to accompany a final breakthrough result from instantaneously realizing that the Song of Love's True Power is the foundation of human existence.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm going to leave off from the OP here. Whether my model of higher planes of existence has an affinity with DMT hyperspace should be evident to other members of this site by now.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 12/20/2012 2:41:16 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

DMT Conjecture 5: Smoalk it, eat it, plug it

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

hixidom
#3 Posted : 12/20/2012 5:38:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Regarding Premise 1:

Why do you say that emotion oscillates in a second time dimension? Sure emotional oscillations propagate through time, but why wouldn't they oscillate in some sort of emotional dimension? What is this second dimension of time, how does it affect matter interactions, and what does it have to do with emotions? I'm not clear on that part.

Sorry if I seem very critical. I'm only poking at your theory because I find it very interesting.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Entropymancer
#4 Posted : 12/20/2012 6:47:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Regarding Premise 2:

Why should a curve resolve into a polygon when viewed from a higher dimension? Curves are, well, curved, while polygons are composed of lines. A curve in two dimensions is still curved when translated into three dimensional space.

Regarding Premise 6:

I don't think that's "evidence"... I think the technical term for it is pseudointellectual jibberjabber. When you say "the pure concept of truth serves as the general form of all truth", isn't that just a facile tautology phrased to avoid sounding like a tautological statement?

Jin
#5 Posted : 12/20/2012 3:36:27 PM

yes

complicated Thumbs up Thumbs down Thumbs up Thumbs down Thumbs up Thumbs down
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 12/20/2012 5:43:14 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

To the OP:

did you try hard to make it complicated? because none is going to break through the wall of your hyper-trans-temporal state infinite polyhedrals.

it is very useful to write in simple terms.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

jamie
#7 Posted : 12/20/2012 7:02:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no.

You should probly just take some DMT..it will save you a lot of pointless speculation.

You said a lot of things in there that seem to me to just be assumptions that I dont really understand.
Long live the unwoke.

Jin
#8 Posted : 12/21/2012 3:29:50 AM

yes

Jin wrote:
complicated Thumbs up Thumbs down Thumbs up Thumbs down Thumbs up Thumbs down

i would like to expand on this point to the OP , i dont find what the OP has written is complicated , i find the OP himself to be complicated , its quite franky pseudo-intellectual-gibberish ,

thus here is an example - adding words to words to make sentances and then paragraphs without any relevant objective resoning does work in some instances as this for words coming together will form associations and meanings in our minds even if there is no point to such an endevour , it seems it can be done so quite easily by all those who desire to do so in any instance they choose to without conveying any useful data , void of reason and meaning except in a stoned ape way , which can go further and further words after words can be added if i dont stop now , so you know i too can utter a lot of gibberish that can can make sense to all those who read for everyone understands language and words , they are so deeply embedded that we dont really need to look for meaning to understand them , we can understand gibberish aswell and know it is gibberish

anyone who goes to such lengths seems to be in a quite complicated mindstate

Ripheus23 try to calm your thoughts and open away to the clarity of the moment , stop worrying about all this S*** and enjoy the moment and have a good time , stop worrying about what the dmt experience is , whether time is straight or holographic or watever and stop worrying about absolute infinite , we are just monkeys at best we can have a good time on the planet so do that , what are these theories , hypotheses and conjectures going to help you with , if not cloud your mind more with utter crap
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Ripheus23
#9 Posted : 12/21/2012 5:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
Regarding Premise 1:

Why do you say that emotion oscillates in a second time dimension? Sure emotional oscillations propagate through time, but why wouldn't they oscillate in some sort of emotional dimension? What is this second dimension of time, how does it affect matter interactions, and what does it have to do with emotions? I'm not clear on that part.

Sorry if I seem very critical. I'm only poking at your theory because I find it very interesting.

I'm not that good at physics, so the only ideas I have about how 2D time affects 3D space would be Itzhak Bar's (think that's his name) theories. He's a legit physicist, anyway.

As for why I try to define emotional dimensions in temporal terms, from Douglas Hofstadter's work I got the idea that meaning is based on isomorphisms. Like the word "woof" referring to a dog barking, for a very primitive example. Hofstadter says that of course a word like e.g. "abstract" doesn't literally look/sound like what abstraction is, but he outlines a process of recursive layering in our consciousness that bridges a simple mental representation of abstraction with the word "abstract."

I noticed, then, that an isomorphism exists between pure instrumental music and the idea of emotional highs and lows. And I analyzed the problem of instrumental music invoking emotion, and added these two facts together into my theory. Add Occam's Razor (easier to imagine 2D time + 3D space than 1D time + 3D space + 1D emotion) and that's the only justification I have for my theory at this point.

It's good to be critical. Cool

Ripheus23
#10 Posted : 12/21/2012 5:52:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Regarding Premise 2:

Why should a curve resolve into a polygon when viewed from a higher dimension? Curves are, well, curved, while polygons are composed of lines. A curve in two dimensions is still curved when translated into three dimensional space.

I knew the word "curved" wasn't what I was looking for... The thought I had is that if people generate these lines by their emotions/actions, then the ways that people intersect (e.g. romantic love) must involve a connection between the lines they're tracing. We have this phrase "circle of friends," for example, which of course could just have originated from groups of friends sitting in circles but, I think, evokes a more profound concept of friendship.

The deeper reason for my idea, though, is that Kant says that time is the form of the inner sense, which sense is that of our emotions. Unlike him, though, I don't think that time can be analogically but literally mirrored by a spatial line. Now imagination is surely related to an "inner sense," so why not just assume that the imagination is the inner sense, conceived as 3D time (so that the 3D images we draw in the imagination are us rendering objects in 3D time)?

EDIT: and personally, having taken note especially of Jonathan Ichikawa's work on the philosophy of dreams, I believe that the ability to dream is nearly one-to-one with the ability to imagine. (Consider lucid dreams under our control.) Now my dreams can affect my emotions in extraordinary ways, which makes some kind of sense if the structures in my dreams are forged out of imaginative lines in time that naturally evoke emotion. That is, if I look at a city in my dreams, and the skyscrapers' lines are amorphously equivalent to emotional states, that would explain to me why looking at the city's skyline makes me feel like I'm in the presence of something that is greater than even eternity.

Quote:
Regarding Premise 6:

I don't think that's "evidence"... I think the technical term for it is pseudointellectual jibberjabber. When you say "the pure concept of truth serves as the general form of all truth", isn't that just a facile tautology phrased to avoid sounding like a tautological statement?

It's borderline tautology for sure, what philosophers tend to call "analytic." But it's also an enthymeme for general truth subserving as the Form of Truth (where a Form is a moral structure as well as a generalization).

Ripheus23
#11 Posted : 12/21/2012 6:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
anyone who goes to such lengths seems to be in a quite complicated mindstate

Ripheus23 try to calm your thoughts and open away to the clarity of the moment , stop worrying about all this S*** and enjoy the moment and have a good time , stop worrying about what the dmt experience is , whether time is straight or holographic or watever and stop worrying about absolute infinite , we are just monkeys at best we can have a good time on the planet so do that , what are these theories , hypotheses and conjectures going to help you with , if not cloud your mind more with utter crap

I appreciate the concern, but in reality this theory is like pancakes for me. It might as well be breakfast on the schedule for my average day. And not even that (I don't wake up every morning hyperventilating about the Forms). Yesterday was mostly about getting a job and watching Warehouse 13, and daydreaming about some guy I'm in love with.

I enjoy abstract writing, in other words. And yes, it has a strong appearance of BS at worst, schizophrenia or a 0.5 GPA at best. But the truth, in my eyes, is that it is all an argument, therefore to be evaluated in terms of sound premises and valid inferences. The premises broadly are:

Kant's transcendental idealism
Anselmian Christian theology
Plato's ideas about Forms
Douglas Hofstadter's most renowned work
Cantor's theory of transfinite numbers

The inference rule is more or less supposed to be one of the simplest, viz. conjunction. That is, Kant + Anselm + Plato + Hofstadter + Cantor = the Last World. These authors certainly contradict each other at intervals, but the best arguments of theirs, I think, are what add up to my own theory. However, I have not done the best job of spelling everything out step by step, even to myself, so there are liable to be deeper errors in the structure than I recognize right now.

hixidom
#12 Posted : 12/22/2012 7:55:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The references help me a lot because now I can better understand what background you're working from (Bar, Hofstadter, Kant). You elaborations helped me a little bit. You vision is still yours alone, but I understand why time is important in assessing the nature of imagination. I particularly liked the Kant quote. Our understanding of reality does not work without time. For example, conservation of energy implies that energy is independent of time, and yet energy contains units of time because an objects energy is defined by its rates of motion in time. How can a quantity that depends on rates be independent of time?!

So anyways, I am slightly clearer on where you're coming from. Even so, I'm not at all clear on what makes your view more acceptable than Bar's view, Hofstadter's view, or Kant's view. In our defense, that's mainly due to the fact that I'm not familiar with the works of those other authors, at least not as they pertain to your theory. Thanks for giving me some direction. I don't have time to complete catch up on the context needed to understand your particular theory, but if I did, I would at least know where to start now.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.