We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Home button Options

Lichen
#1 Posted : 12/15/2012 11:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about a Home button that would take you back to the "'welcome to the dmt-nexus' forum index page"?

Did we used to have one, I haven't been here in a bit and I feel like it's missing? Maybe it would be less clutter and more intuitive to to just click the banner and that could take us back to the home page?

All the best Traveler Smile
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

zombicyckel
#2 Posted : 12/15/2012 12:41:05 PM

Armchair activist

I have thought about the need for one to, although the current system works very well. but would be nice to have that too

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 12/15/2012 2:27:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Like dis?
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

zombicyckel
#4 Posted : 12/15/2012 2:47:49 PM

Armchair activist

Not like that Razz A bigger one, only for home. I gotta be honest it took me awhile before I found that(Awhile ago, but still)

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 12/15/2012 2:56:42 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

zombicyckel wrote:
only for home.

How does that not function "only for home?"
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

zombicyckel
#6 Posted : 12/15/2012 4:39:10 PM

Armchair activist

Damnit I dont have photoshop, then I could show how it would look. but like a similar/same button as donate, privacy, then a home button

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 12/15/2012 4:58:39 PM

omnia sunt communia!

But it would be functionally identical to what's already there, wouldn't it?
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

DeMenTed
#8 Posted : 12/15/2012 5:04:18 PM

Barry

Ive always used the welcome to the dmt nexus phrase as the home button with no problems.

zombicyckel
#9 Posted : 12/15/2012 5:04:19 PM

Armchair activist

Just easier to find in a nutshell, took me months before I found that little text and figured out I could press it

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 12/15/2012 9:35:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

zombicyckel wrote:
took me months before I found that little text and figured out I could press it

how is it harder to find than the FAQ or WIKI buttons that are right above it?
just because the text is grey?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Lichen
#11 Posted : 12/24/2012 2:03:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm aware you can click the "Welcome to the DMT-Nexus" - it does work quite well.

I was merely suggesting that the banner could become a hyperlink and do the same job. It would not even add anything else to the page and therefore, no clutter. I have found that most banners on other sites have this as a function and I feel that it would make the dmt nexus site even more user-friendly.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 12/24/2012 8:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lichen wrote:
I was merely suggesting that the banner could become a hyperlink and do the same job..

maybe it could link to the front page instead of the forum to reduce redundancy.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

universecannon
#13 Posted : 12/24/2012 8:53:47 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

well before the forum changes a few weeks ago the clickable "Welcome to the DMT-Nexus" thing snozz mentioned was in gold font, instead of grey, making it much easier to spot and appearing more 'clickable'

i don't see the point in a 'home' button thats functionally identical to one already in place. maybe we should just make it a bit bigger and change it back to the gold color if people are having a hard time finding it or realizing that its clickable

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 12/24/2012 9:54:23 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Lichen wrote:
I was merely suggesting that the banner could become a hyperlink and do the same job. It would not even add anything else to the page and therefore, no clutter. I have found that most banners on other sites have this as a function and I feel that it would make the dmt nexus site even more user-friendly.

I don't disagree, just depends on what Trav has time/energy for and wants to implement

Didn't mean to sound like I was bashing the idea, just thought perhaps you had overlooked it Smile
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ