We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long does it take to refill a butane torch lighter? Options

rudder
#1 Posted : 12/10/2012 6:26:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just curious...I've seen youtube videos where the person only holds the can upside down onto the valve of the lighter for two seconds. I wasn't sure if he only held it there for two seconds because he just wanted to give a quick demonstration, or because two seconds is all it takes to fill up the entire lighter.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 12/10/2012 6:42:18 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Refilling is really fast, just a few seconds is enough. I have a torch lighter with a viewport on it and you can see it get filled in seconds.

Then again, overfilling is not likely since the pressure in the can will not be enough to make the lighter burst. So just holding it for like 5 seconds to be sure cannot hurt.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

rudder
#3 Posted : 12/10/2012 6:59:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahh Ok, my lighter's gas chamber is probably a bit bigger than what you had in mind (it's 1.5in wide and 3in tall). But it sounds like I must have wasted a lot of gas since I held the thing on there for like 30 seconds.

I couldn't really tell if it was full because it seemed like the gas started sputtering as soon as I pushed down the can of butane.

It seems to be working nowSmile

MomentOfTruth
#4 Posted : 12/26/2012 4:12:53 PM

Astro-Travellin

MomentOfTruth wrote:
I use this Vector Single Flame Torch.

http://www.buylighters.c...tane-Lighter_p_1578.html

I have the GUNMETAL one. Steady flame. Easy to fill. Very solid design. I've dropped on the cement a few times and it still works great! It cost $24 but it's a good investment if you have a GVG. I use it regularly for many things.

they have 4 colors

I quoted my own response to another thread as i felt it seemed relevant. Another reason i love this torch is that you have the viewable fuel chamber so you can easily see it filling up. I find that filling torch lighters is a little tricky sometimes and you have to kind of wiggle the nosel around until it starts filling. This lighter makes it easy.
Coinci-Transcendentalism

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 12/26/2012 7:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

I have the dark greay one as well although it wont work in this naltitude for some weird reason, 4200 meters is quite high.

Anyhoo one thing that really important to do before you refilol is blled the btank. Take a nail or sharp metal small point and rlelease all the left over pressure in the tank prior to refilling.
They sell tools for this at head shops sometimes but a nail works good, just be careful cuz its ice cold gas coming out.

The n refil until it just stops filling. No need to count it will stop whe its full.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.