We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT for anxiety Options

coc0nut
#1 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:22:24 AM

https://soundcloud.com/coc0nut

Hello!

I have a case.
Its been like 5 years since swim did LSD, in a little bit "fail" environment/setting. He had like a 4-5 weeks party with some folks, and they did 2cb like 5 times. And things got alittle confused because there was some inconvenience.
After that he got paranoid, and started to think people were following him and so on. And it wasnt quite for no reason. He couldnt sit still either, he was just messed up and started doing drugs so he could sit still. Luckily he got home that time.

2 months later, he was still stuck in the paranoia. Or ptsd or what I may call it. He had 2 blotters of LSD that a friend gave him. Hooked up with some people and did the trip. Actually it was mushrooms the first night friday, and the saturday was blotter. It was a good night, but after some time things got alittle bored. So he left on to a afterparty to meet some other friends. When he came in there the social anxiety just turned on to him like crazy! The second he stepped in the room he just had to run upstairs to sit on his own room by himself, and only 2 friends came up to talk to him.

After that he has been like really social anxious and his vision was blury and scared all the time for everything and nothing. This happened 5 years ago (2007-200Cool. He stopped using any drugs or alcohol for 1 year now, and starts to feel better.

Now he is depressed because he has not been "himself" ever since, and gave it all up 1 year ago. He says he cant relax even when he is relaxing and got some stress stuck in him. He cant appreciate the good things in life. He cant even smile like he means it. Everything is just boring..
He now wants to start a new life.

And i wonder, is DMT a good thing for this kinds of problems? To leave all this behind and go on with life? Smile
The wizard rides precisely when he means to!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

haeratic
#2 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:37:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there and welcome to the nexus. I know where you're coming from and I'm sure many other members do as well. Inside of our culture there is a tendency to overkill on substance be it food, TV, or even psychedelics. This is especially exemplified in the raving and week long partying. You are very smart for stepping back from that lifestyle. I think the most important thing I learned from getting out of there is that I never gave myself any time for integration. I was immature and abusing psychedelics, tripping multiple days in a row not leaving any room for reality, rather escaping it. That can REALLY & I mean REALLY fuck with your head, as I'm sure you know.

That said, I'm glad you got out and things started to get normal. I understand where you're coming from with the depression issues afterward. I think the best thing to do is start going down different paths towards happiness and anxiety relief from exercise and diet to meditation and yoga. DMT can most definitely help with anxiety as well. It is an anxiolytic so part of it's function thru acting on the ht2 receptors of the brain is to treat anxiety. Of course the trips will be exhilarating but with proper integration and discipline it can work wonders on your psyche.

Good luck on your journey towards an anxiety free life, but remember, sometimes anxiety is good and essential to our intuition! Smile

coc0nut
#3 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:57:44 AM

Thanx! Looking forward to it! hehe Thumbs up

Pandora
#4 Posted : 12/10/2012 5:22:12 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello coc0nut,

Welcome to the Nexus. Please also take some time to post an Introduction Essay. The more you post in the Welcome Area, let us know about yourself and show you know the rules the quicker the promotion votes will likely come in.

I am no doctor, nor even a real (licensed) counselor. But, in my experience DMT can provoke anxiety. Not only the rough rides, but even the pre=launch anxiety can be very heavy duty.

Part of the DMT experience is a very fast and very heavy body load - a noticeable feeling of increase in heart rate and blood pressure, sometimes a feeling of distinct detachment from one's physical body.

If I were to make a recommendation it would be to table the idea of DMT use for now and look into other things. Things like meditation and banisteriopsis caapi only ayahuasca brews.

But, please remember all of this is just my personal opinion, nothing more.

Many members of the Nexus do not use DMT currently for various reasons.

Again, welcome and looking forward to seeing an Introduction Essay.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

coc0nut
#5 Posted : 12/10/2012 6:42:47 AM

Thanx for good and filled answerz! I put a intro in there now Smile

universecannon
#6 Posted : 12/10/2012 7:16:25 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Whether dmt can help your anxiety depends on the context. If you do decide to try it in the smoked form, i would just start with low doses of changa first, since that way there isn't much risk involved in sparking anxiety. Ayahuasca would probably be more helpful than smoked dmt, since it allows a better chance for deeper introspective work- helping one get to the root of their problems/anxieties/fears/etc. If you decide to go that route as well then i'd advise just being cautious, doing a lot of research, and slowly getting into it first with harmala-only brews and then slowly adding in low amounts of dmt or dmt containing plants.

And whatever you decide regarding the stuff mentioned above; like pandora said, i would seriously look into harmala containing plants such as syrian rue and banisteriopsis caapi (aka ayahuasca vine). These are amazingly therapeutic even by themselves even without dmt or dmt containing plants and can help mood and psychological health, among other things. They're the best plants for depression and anxiety i've found hands down when used wisely. I would look into taking some daily before bed. low doses during the day are fine to. Just be aware that they don't mix will with SSRI medications and some stimulants (especially in large doses)

Also as you probably know its important to remember that the plants/dmt aren't a fix-all pill. They can help open the door but you have to put in some effort to walk on through it.. Which is why its vital you also consider other factors in your life that you can change or implement in order to promote personal insight and growth. Diet is one thing that has a huge link to anxiety. I actually did study with some other students surveying college kids and we found a big link between the two that was statistically significant, but enough studies have been done at this point that show a huge connection. The less processed foods and the more real living vegetables, fruits, and clean water the better (lots of people don't get nearly enough water. check out findaspring.com as well)

its also extremely helpful to do things like yoga and meditation as often as you can, and running or other forms of exercise a few times a week...Getting more into reading good books is always something that balances me out as well

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Dark_Star
#7 Posted : 12/10/2012 11:12:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trying to fix drug-induced anxiety with more drugs is a dicey proposition. In certain settings this may work, such as a genuine shaman led healing, but in general it's a bad idea. It's my opinion that you would be far better off if you looked at your diet, made sure that was good, and incorporated exercise into your life. I've found that there is nothing better for my mental health then hitting the gym. Meditation is also something you might want to look into. ( I need to take my own advice there.....)

There is also this book titled "The Tao of Sobriety" that you may want to look into. It details a Taoistic way of looking at life & treating addiction, but the lessons contained in it can be applied to anything; you don't need to be an addict to benefit. For example, it teaches detachment from one's thoughts & feelings. The authors describe humans as a theater, and our thoughts/feelings as a play. The play can be abandoned, and a new one can take it's place at any time, because we aren't the play; we're just the theater in which it takes place. The authors explain it way better then I can though.
“Was I a criminal? No. I was a good member of society. Only my society and the one making the laws are different.” - Owsley Stanley

coc0nut
#8 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:47:53 PM

well im thinking, psychedelics changes your state of mind ? and now that i have had a peacefull and good time this last year, i also had some answers on back then that everything is good now. and im thinking that psychedelics helped me sometimes, but one time i fucked up, and didnt touch it after that. now i really want to take a trip on knowing that everything is good and close the crazy chapter, and get in to a new one, and i think its a good thing to do? i will look into ayahuasca. and especially the way you guys told me now. i am getting DMT within a week now, and i guess its crystals. I really feel like its time to get a good one now. but maybe i need changa at first as you say. its better to be carefull, and thanks for saying this!

coc0nut
#9 Posted : 12/10/2012 3:08:17 PM

a

coc0nut
#10 Posted : 12/10/2012 7:33:42 PM

dark_star, i can live with the drug induced shit now, it heals itself by time.
It was more my environment that wasnt very good. I fixed that now. I get going with good spirits. Smile
Im not the person to live a life with people that doesnt throw their trash in the trashcan, making the place look like shit.

Love the day i do Ayahuasca! As I write this, i am so ready to do it on a good day! Research is on the schedule.

haeratic
#11 Posted : 12/10/2012 7:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, I think you'd be fine doing DMT or ayahuasca. You've been relatively clean and sober for a year so it's not like you're using drugs to fix a drug addiction. Besides, there are far worse off hard drug addicts that fly down to peru to detox and then take aya... It didn't even sound like you had a drug problem per se, but rather an environmental problem. It sounds like you have enough discipline to take yourself out of that very tempting situation of constant partying. & for being clean a whole year I think you deserve treatment for your sober depression or even PTSD. Just ramp the discipline up to the next level and research into preparation for aya with dieta, and start exercising and mediting frequently. With that, you're garuanteed some good healing with plant medicines Smile

Maybe look into small dose b. caapi tea before you embark on admixture aya or smoking DMT. The vine has the greatest healing effects ime.

coc0nut
#12 Posted : 12/10/2012 8:25:24 PM

Very happy

Psychonaut666
#13 Posted : 3/16/2013 5:36:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Heeey Swims beloved brother BY BLOOD!
As you know swim was pretty deep deep in the hole, doing 20, 10mg Diazepam (200 mg`s) every day and doing 7-10 gr. of top notch coke everyday... Swim had always stayed away from entheogens, or psychedelics as swim was taught in school that this was why people jumped from rooftops and putting screwdrivers in their eyes... Entheogens saved swims life! Ayahusaca with a shaman (curandero, ayahusacero) From the Huni Kuin Tribe (sp) (The people of truth, truth people) This was a ceremony in Swe***. The setting was together with student of psychology, lead by a authentic ayahuascero and a professor or Dr. in transpersonal psychology... Safe setting!!! The firsts night swim had almost no visuals, looking at the "bonfire" candles, flowers and huge crystals (this was all shit to me at the time) Alot of thinking "outside the box" was done here...
Swim and the others were actually sitting on chairs, when I started to "hoover" swim felt really uncomfortable , suddenly the shaman (Fabianio) took me down, THAT my friends was the first "spiritual" feeling I ever had! Now Swim have done Ayahuasca under the same circumstances, SAFE SITTING!!! about 5-6 weekends. Everybody around Swim could SEE Swims`s positive changing! Swim have gone trough HELL in biblical terms, some of Swims "bad trips" Swim call it journeys... Some off those dark nights of the soul have been the best (long term) teachings of Swims life. Last time was four years ago. Swim feel that Swim tend to fall in to Swims old thought patterns , the old prison! Its time to meet Madre Ayahuasca again, with fear, love and respect!! Swim can write a book about this. Swim only shared on this forum because it was my brother that posted the first post... Light, Love and Truth!

Psychonaut666
#14 Posted : 3/16/2013 5:37:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"When the student is ready the teacher appears!"

coc0nut
#15 Posted : 6/3/2014 4:03:07 PM

Smile

coc0nut
#16 Posted : 6/3/2014 6:40:31 PM