We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Inner space: String theory & the universes' hidden dimensions - Yau Shing-Tung Options

nen888
#21 Posted : 12/14/2012 3:11:40 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..thank you, i really appreciate you taking the time to interpret that embracethevoid..!Smile
i must appreciate the head-fuck, guess that's why i'm drawn to tryptamines and cosmology..Very happy

ps.one of the things which drew me to string theory was the explantation of Scalar Fields..
more on that after i've dealt in my head with your last post embracethevoid..

"in the beginning there were fields of potential.."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Meddling Monk
#22 Posted : 12/14/2012 8:57:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^Maybe all it is is fields of potential?
Hope this helpful
Quote:
Brane
Definition: In theoretical physics, a brane (short for membrane) is an object which can have any number of allowed dimensions. Branes are most popular for their presence in string theory, where it is a fundamental object, along with the string.
String theory has 9 space dimensions, so a brane can have anywhere from 0 to 9 dimensions. Branes were hypothesized as part of string theory in the late 1980s. In 1995, Joe Polchinski realized that Edward Witten's proposed M-Theory required the existence of branes.

Some physicists have proposed that our own universe is in fact a 3-dimensional brane, on which we are "stuck" within a larger 9-dimensional space, to explain why we can't perceive the extra dimensions.

nen888
#23 Posted : 12/16/2012 1:57:13 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..haha, M-Theory is described by string-theorists as 'not understood by anybody!'..
at any rate, they've mostly settled on 10 dimensions since 2002..
the 4 we know + 6 extra calabi-yau directions..

embracethevoid
#24 Posted : 12/16/2012 11:20:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the key take home observation about string theory is that it's not unfalsifiable because it's imperfect. No, certainly not.

It's unfalsifiable because it doesn't actually say anything. It's a framework. It's a language. Other physical theories, they use an existing language and they make a statement in that language that "this is the way it is".

String theory? No. It's a language built from the ground up. You can do anything with it. So it takes a single person to actually 'say something' in this language for it to spit out something falsifiable. It appears to me like a jack of all trades.

Although my knowledge is limited, I strongly suspect it's a case of...

nen888
#25 Posted : 12/16/2012 12:03:42 PM
member for the trees

..haha..until Calabi-Yau, i wasn't interested in string-theory..but the geometry's got me..

embracethevoid
#26 Posted : 1/15/2013 4:18:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know what... I've seen many things on DMT that were later confirmed by science. It pretty much taught me everything I know about the holographic universe; not using abstract equations but via pure intuition. The mathematics works out flawlessly.

I would not be surprised whatsoever if Calabi-Yau manifolds truly were the fabric of being.

It is this exact form that undulates at flood dose DMT and smoked DMT; which of course you similarly posted beforehand -

I mean for example, you may see the Greys on spice. They are damn well real beings as many can attest to. Why not Calabi-Yau?

embracethevoid
#27 Posted : 1/29/2013 7:00:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://universe-review.ca/R15-16-manyfoldu.htm

This page is a gold mine.

Spinflation (what we saw in that paper)

Black hole life cycle

nen888
#28 Posted : 1/30/2013 4:17:51 AM
member for the trees

^..that's awesome thank you embracethevoid..!
i think i'm flashing back just looking at it..Smile

nen888
#29 Posted : 1/31/2013 12:31:01 AM
member for the trees

..regarding your pondering of whether one can see calabi-yau manifolds under DMT embracethevoid..

..i associate the more basic forms of calabi yau with the 'initiating sequence' of a DMT vaporised experience..the test pattern..the so called 'chrysanthemum'..

out of such space other 'locations' or entities or experiences emerge..

..so, perhaps what this is is actually seeing the 'six-directions' (seven in some schemes) that it is possible to 'go' other than the basic four..
a kind of geometric topography..

advanced navigational skills could chose a particular path or direction more consciously (not randomly or subconsciously as often seems to happen to people) ..avoid those pesky 'greys' ! haha

yet, the manifolds seem to be more than mere topology..
they seem, as said earlier, 'imbued with some kind of consciousness'

on a scientific level, though, i think the Higgs field and the string-theory concept of gravity and it's interaction with mass, need to be resolved..

but i love the expansion without a big bang implications of the diagram in your last post
embracethevoid..

nen888
#30 Posted : 2/1/2013 10:48:10 AM
member for the trees

..the quest through measurement or testable theory is to find the 'correct' Calabi-Yau manifold (out of all the possibles) ..perhaps the 'chrysanthemum' is the one..

for those who want to follow this a little bit deeper scientifically:
from http://universe-review.ca/R15-26-CalabiYau.htm

Quote:
Theory of Superstring, and M Theory

The followings provide a passing glance on the parts of Superstring theory leading to the adoption of the Calabi-Yau space.

Extra Dimensions and Supersymmetry - In the process of developing the Superstring theory, a number of problems arose such that the theory makes sense only if there are extra-dimensions beyond the usual 3 spatial and 1 temporal dimensions or by including supersymmetry into the theory. The problems can be summarized as :

Ghost - It usually means negative probability. This is associated with the failure to construct physical states from the time component in the mode expansion (of the position vector Xµ ) and the subsequent quantization. Such problem always comes up with the bosonic string. The solution is to impose the condition that the dimension D = 26. Then 16 of these 26 extra-dimensions are compactified into small circles leaving 6 more dimensions to be compactified further from the remaining 10 dimensions. ... The d11 dimension is the additional dimension demanded by the M Theory. The blue line is the 3 brane in which all of us live in.
Anomaly - An anomaly is the failure of a classical symmetry (such as Lorentz invariance) to survive the process of quantization or regularization (a mathematical device to bypass undesirable expression such as infinity). Conservation laws are violated as the consequence. For the bosonic string the solution is to impose the same restriction for the dimension D = 26, while in the superstring theory with both bosonic and fermionic degrees of freedom, the condition becomes D = 10 (after compactifying 16 bosonic dimensions in the Heterotic theories) .
Inconsistency - This is the appearance of infinities in the theory. The same solution of taking D = 26 can be applied to the bosonic string, and D = 10 to the superstring.
Tachyon - In the bosonic string theory, tachyon appears in its formulation. Tachyon is the kind of particle always moving faster than the speed of light. It has never been observed, and it creates instability in the theory - decaying to lower energy state by unknown mechanism. This troublesome feature is removed by incorporating supersymmetry into the theory.
Supersymmetry - In addition, introduction of supersymmetry into the string theory fixes the problems of missing fermions, offers a way to produce realistic mass for the particles, stabilize the vacuum, drops the dimensional requirement from 26 to 10, and generally helps to reduce the labor of calculations.

Compactification - Since all of us experience only 3 spatial and 1 temporal dimensions, the 10 and 26 extra-dimensions have to be hidden under some schemes. One of the two alternatives is to roll them up into very small size not observable even under a very powerful microscope. The other one is to consider our existence on a 3 brane floating in the bulk of ten spatial dimensions. The first alternative is called compactification

..if you'll excuse another lengthy quote, i found this discussion of Quantum vs String theories and Gravity quite groovy (& what it says about measurement and existence) >
from http://library.thinkques.../27930/stringtheory2.htm

Quote:
The Unification of Gravity and Quantum Mechanics

Theorists have long sought a way to obtain a quantum-mechanical description of gravity, the one force that has resisted integration into the quantum framework. In this, one of string theory's most compelling strengths lies. It has the ability to integrate gravity into its own framework, which also includes quantum mechanics, thus providing physicists with the first such theory in history. The difficulty, as stated in Introduction to String Theory, is the fact that the uncertainty principle allows "virtual" particles to "borrow" energy in wild fluctuations provided that they relinquish it within a certain amount of time. These quantum fluctuations become ever more evident as they are examined on smaller and smaller scales, finally leading to the roiling quantum foam of sub-Planck-length distances. This contrasts sharply with the smooth geometrical surfaces postulated and required by relativity.

Strings vs. Point Particles

The main distinction between strings and point particles is the fact that strings have spatial extent, whereas point particles are literally zero-dimensional. It had previously been supposed by physicists formulating quantum mechanics that the elementary particles were points. However, string theory states that the elementary particles are not points but instead are tiny undulating strings. According to the uncertainty principle, the ability of a particle to "probe" an area depends on its quantum wavelength, or the amount of uncertainty in its position - in other words, a particle's sensitivity becomes "blurred" by quantum jitters. As you will see, this proves to be important in the unification of quantum mechanics and string theory.

Point Particles as Probes

A particle's quantum wavelength, or its "jitteriness," is inversely proportional to its momentum, which for the purposes of this discussion can represent its energy. Therefore, if a particle's energy is increased, its quantum wavelength decreases - it can be made clearer and clearer - and it can be used to probe smaller and finer objects. According to this formulation, there is no limit to the energy with which a particle can be imbued, so there is also no limit to the smallness of the objects it can probe. This is what gives rise to the quantum foam on sub-Planckian distance scales.

Strings as Probes

This is where the differences between strings and point particles become most evident. Strings, which are about the Planck length, cannot probe distances smaller that themselves - meaning they cannot even reach sub-Planckian distances. Furthermore, increasing the energy of a string does not necessarily increase its probing ability by decreasing its quantum wavelength. Up to certain energies, added energy will decrease this blurring, but when energy beyond that required to probe Planck-length distances, energy actually causes strings to grow. This makes it less sensitive a probe of short distances. In fact, the energy attained during the Big Bang could theoretically have made a string grow to macroscopic size. This means that a string actually has two sources of the blurring discussed earlier - quantum jitters and its own size. Since adding energy decreases blurring from the first, but eventually increases it from the second, one cannot probe sub-Planckian distances if strings are the fundamental units of the universe - if the smallest unit of the universal hierarchy cannot probe these distances, then quantum foam cannot ultimately affect anything except in a few special conditions. In fact, if something must be measurable in order to exist, it can be said that this quantum foam does not actually exist. It is simply a mathematical artifact arising out of an imprecisely formulated theory.

embracethevoid
#31 Posted : 2/1/2013 3:37:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can confirm it is possible to control Calabi-Yau enfolding-infolding directly.

On possibly separate flood doses of mimosahuasca such that dose <(5g R,50g MHRB) I experienced:

A.) Real time reconfiguring of spacetime, physical reshaping of my room, my own body. I could detach my head and sent it spinning around the room.

B.) Total absorption inwards into a single Calabi-Yau, where I experienced direct Calabi-Yau "time" evolution as My Will

C.) Total annihilation into emptiness which lasted an infinetismal time which may be understood as Calabi-Yau at peak frequency, either a maximum or a minimum or perhaps the instantaneous transition between the two

As a result, when I read "integrate[F(t),dt]" I feel a bit cheeky as I have been dt

Note that these doses are dangerous beyond comprehension. You must master the headspace of all doses below, and even then it will take you by total surprise across 11 dimensions. The vibration frequency which we experience as "intensity of experience" ramps up exponentially with each additional picogram of DMT beyond a certain point.

A single incorrect thought may lead to you waking up under a train, when you started off in the middle of the desert.

Here is the thing though. Physics MUST have an endpoint due to Godel Incompleteness. As a result of this, I believe it may end where we are now, with Duality of Yin and Yang, gravity and Strong-electroweak.

String theory is unfalsifiable. Because it's not a theory. It's not a hypothesis. It is metaphysical. It is the language from which all physics is derived. Therefore string theory is one godel-incompleteness level above the present theory. However the language describing string theory itself will have an incompleteness level above it. It's turtles all the way up.

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for the Lord lights my path"

nen888
#32 Posted : 2/2/2013 10:47:44 AM
member for the trees

embracethevoid wrote:
Quote:
String theory is unfalsifiable. Because it's not a theory. It's not a hypothesis. It is metaphysical. It is the language from which all physics is derived.

..perhaps it is the new language we need to grasp some of our conscious experience..
and perhaps our 'reality' is made out of language..
'in the beginning was the word'

Go ̈del's Incompleteness Theorem is the maths language of the grand paradox..

like Cantor says, there's always a set bigger than the Set of Everything the moment you construct it..

the Direct Access to the experience of the mystery (as you describe) seems a meta-language, beyond external observation..

completely inner space..

nen888
#33 Posted : 2/2/2013 11:27:05 AM
member for the trees

..also i agree one should should not jump casually or without preparation into such levels of immersion..

PREV12