We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Testing for the presence of LSD-25 Options

VisualDistortion
#1 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If a person were to obtain enough "Acid"(I say it in quotations because it has become a rather generic term, representative in no way of what the blotter or pill actually contains), is there an easy way to test this "acid" for the presence of LSD-25?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 3/8/2009 9:32:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Taste it. If it tastes at all bitter, it’s not LSD.

LSD has no flavor, but makes your mouth feel a little strange shortly after tasting it. It’s hard to describe exactly, but those out there who’ve had real LSD know what I’m talking about.

If it tastes sour, that’s fine. LSD is sometimes put on blotter paper along with vitamin C. It’s believed that the anti-oxidant effects of vitamin C are beneficial to the trip. I don’t know if that’s true or not. Other times the blotter paper has excess tartaric acid that was used to make LSD tartrate. LSD tartrate is normally the form of LSD found on blotter paper.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#3 Posted : 3/8/2009 9:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that alot of people like vitamin c for ecstasy and mushrooms, but never heard it for lsd. I heard lsd had a kind of metallic taste to it. I know bitter means DOB. And SWIM really does not want that. although he only works four day a week and could fit it into his schedule, but would prefer not to.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 3/8/2009 1:56:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
69ron wrote:
Taste it. If it tastes at all bitter, it’s not LSD.

LSD has no flavor, but makes your mouth feel a little strange shortly after tasting it. It’s hard to describe exactly, but those out there who’ve had real LSD know what I’m talking about.

If it tastes sour, that’s fine. LSD is sometimes put on blotter paper along with vitamin C. It’s believed that the anti-oxidant effects of vitamin C are beneficial to the trip. I don’t know if that’s true or not. Other times the blotter paper has excess tartaric acid that was used to make LSD tartrate. LSD tartrate is normally the form of LSD found on blotter paper.

I suppose that the typical LSD taste would apply just as much to the other psychedelic lysergics like ALD-52 and the 'x'-LAD's.
There is a typical feeling in the throat. A bit like your throat is very, very mildly being electrocuted. Mushrooms always give me a simmilar feeling in the throat, although much milder. With many tryptamine's it's the first thing i notice when taking them.
I never had any DOx being sold to me as LSD. I think it could depend on where you live or where you buy it. I would never buy LSD at a 'rave' or simmilar place. If there's a place, a 'scene', where there are many people who know what real LSD is like, old hippies maybe, then i think you have a higher chance of getting real acid.
I think you just have to be lucky enough to know the right people.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 3/8/2009 1:59:18 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

traditionally... the black-light test.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 3/8/2009 2:03:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

the DOx's are really not all that enjoyable..body load..weird visuals..you CANT fall asleep for 24 hours..uncomfortable..edgy and just down right not fun at all..they take about 2-3 hours to kick in..but the whole come up you will feel this slight anxious feeling that will just kinda sit on your shoulder until the 3 hour point..then it will hit you..and if you think it was acid and decide to take another hit...watch the fuck out and get someplace safe..because 2-3 hits of this stuff is downright awful..too much stimulation..visuals are weirder..hard to be around sober people..and be ready to trip for 36+ hoursICK
it's a sound

TheNtt
#7 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:07:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

SWIM's had perfectly good LSD destroyed by exposing it to a black light. I know this is a trick to test if what you have is real LSD, but I wouldn't recommend it, as SWIM has experienced a loss of potency by doing it.

If you have blotter that is supposedly LSD the first thing SWIM always notices is if the paper is warped. If the sheet of blotter had been soaked in LSD it will be clearly warped as if it had been soaking in weird chemicals.

40oztofreedom
#8 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:20:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheNtt wrote:
benzyme wrote:

SWIM's had perfectly good LSD destroyed by exposing it to a black light. I know this is a trick to test if what you have is real LSD, but I wouldn't recommend it, as SWIM has experienced a loss of potency by doing it.

If you have blotter that is supposedly LSD the first thing SWIM always notices is if the paper is warped. If the sheet of blotter had been soaked in LSD it will be clearly warped as if it had been soaking in weird chemicals.

The paper would be warped if it was soaked in a DOx as well.

I think the taste test is the best way to go.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

69ron
#9 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:48:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe the only one that might pass the taste test is Bromo-DragonFLY while all the others would have a very noticeable medicinal bitter taste. But Bromo would not cause the same LSD sensations in the mouth and throat.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lsd definitely has a taste for SWIM. Sure its not the bitter taste of DOx but it definitely feels like something peculiar.. Its a mixture of a softly metallic taste and a feeling/sensation of electricity. Its almost as if SWIM could literally feel it being immediately absorbed, and making soft electrical shocks all over. SWIM gets this absolutely every time and only with LSD, together with goosebumps.

how to test for lsd... isnt there some simple way of making a TLC or something of the sort?

Or bioassay, obviously, if SWIY is experienced with it and would know how to differenciate between DOxs and LSD

69ron
#11 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:09:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
lsd definitely has a taste for SWIM. Sure its not the bitter taste of DOx but it definitely feels like something peculiar.. Its a mixture of a softly metallic taste and a feeling/sensation of electricity. Its almost as if SWIM could literally feel it being immediately absorbed, and making soft electrical shocks all over. SWIM gets this absolutely every time and only with LSD, together with goosebumps.

Exactly. It's a sensation more than a taste. It's very unique to LSD and can be used by people experienced with LSD to detect it. All you need is a tiny taste and you’ll know if it’s real or not. But for those who don’t know the “taste” of LSD, it’s best to look for bitterness or a medicinal taste. If that’s present it’s either not LSD or its LSD mixed with something else.

VisualDistortion
#12 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

how to test for lsd... isnt there some simple way of making a TLC or something of the sort?

Or bioassay, obviously, if SWIY is experienced with it and would know how to differenciate between DOxs and LSD

That's exactly how my friend described it. That give me confidence that I'm close enough to the bay area that the stuff around my town might be real.

benzyme
#13 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:46:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

TheNtt wrote:
benzyme wrote:

not that I don't believe you, but most commercial blacklights emit 350-400nm (long-wave uv); probably not enough energy to significantly degrade the molecule. short-wave might

I've also heard loud music will cause lsd to degrade.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

VisualDistortion
#14 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, SWIM could get a ten strip, and then test one hit underblack light, and another for taste.

69ron
#15 Posted : 3/9/2009 1:57:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, a lot of things glow in black light. Many solutions of acids glow in black light. Heck the harmala alkaloids glow in black light. While it can be one helpful way to detect a large group of chemicals that glow in black light of which LSD is just one of thousands that do, it will not tell you that you have LSD. But if it doesn't glow in black light, then it can't be LSD.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 3/9/2009 3:01:05 AM

analytical chemist

69ron wrote:
Well, a lot of things glow in black light. Many solutions of acids glow in black light.

this is correct, but they absorb (and thus emit) different wavelengths, depending on their pi-bond conjugation (alternating C=C, C=O, or CN bonds). tryptamines like psilocin appear teal or green under a blacklight, lsd is bright blue

VisualDistortion
#17 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:09:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. I'll report what you have said back to SWIM and he should be able to figure out if he gets the real deal or not. He's not far from the san fransisco, so that is a huge plus.

69ron
#18 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:47:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
69ron wrote:
Well, a lot of things glow in black light. Many solutions of acids glow in black light.

this is correct, but they absorb (and thus emit) different wavelengths, depending on their pi-bond conjugation (alternating C=C, C=O, or CN bonds). tryptamines like psilocin appear teal or green under a blacklight, lsd is bright blue

Unless you are experienced in just what exactly LSD looks like under UV light, or have a machine to test it, it's pretty useless. Lots of things glow blue in UV light. THH for example. To the eye, the color of THH in UV light looks almost the same as LSD does in UV light.

benzyme
#19 Posted : 3/9/2009 1:11:48 PM

analytical chemist

the same could be said about doing a small taste test.
lots of things are bitter. PTC tastes similar to lsd blotter

the only way to really test it (aside from chromatography) is a "taste" test. Cool

40oztofreedom
#20 Posted : 3/9/2009 7:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
69ron wrote:

I know for a fact Vitamin B12 glows under a blacklight. Drink a energy drink or two, and look at your spit under a blacklight. Normally bright green. It'll actually make your urine bright green too.Shocked
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

12NEXT