We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
3-speed transmission Options

EmptyHand
#1 Posted : 12/5/2012 6:09:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of you may find this website interesting and useful. It presents a unified approach to the three practices of classical Buddhist concentration/insight meditation, self-inquiry in the tradition of Advaita Vedanta, and the formless practice of surrender to the IS of various nondual traditions:

http://kennethfolkdharma.wetpaint.com/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Non Dua Natura
#2 Posted : 12/8/2012 12:17:39 AM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

I recommend Kenneth Folk highly, he's a really good guy as well as being a highly accomplished meditator and a very good teacher. His model is straightforward and well explained, in fact Kenneth was easily as instrumental as Dan Ingram was in helping my understanding of vipassana and the Theravadan model in general.

One criticism I do have though, and will mention for the sake of objectivity and so as not to appear biased in my recommendation, is that beyond his Three-Speed Transmission model he has this ever-changing model where he considers people like Aydashanti and Eckhart Tolle to be on par with the Buddha himself, or at least did the last time I checked. Personally, I find these correspondences to be erroneous to the point of ridiculous and I doubt that Tolle or Adya would even agree with him.

To me, his philosophical views are less important than his pragmatic and, in my experience, very effective approach to insight practice but it's just something I've noticed over the last few years. Other than that, he's a top bloke and I have a lot of love and respect for him.
When it blows, it stacks...