We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smell of Jasmine as strong as Valium Options

Xemnas
#1 Posted : 12/2/2012 10:24:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.telegraph.co....s-calming-as-valium.html

I figured this would be of interest to this community. What do you all make of these findings?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 12/2/2012 10:55:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting but it's not really surprising. Jasmine is known to have small amounts of Ibogaine alkaloids [source] and it's smell is just wonderful anyway.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 12/2/2012 1:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

deadlight
#4 Posted : 12/2/2012 4:20:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

cool, ill stick some jasmine oil on my clothes next time im going for a heavy dose trip, thanks for sharing Thumbs up

The Meddling Monk
#5 Posted : 12/3/2012 12:04:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The chinese Star Jasmine is also interesting (although in a different family to other jasmines) .

Quote:

"In essence, 50 kg of apparently fresh leaves and stems were extracted and purified to obtain 20 grams of a mixture of alkaloids, a major one of which was ibogaine."

"(There are) four indole alkaloids, namely ibogaine, tabernaemontanine, vobasine, and voacangine-7-hydroxyindolenine, (that) have been isolated (in Star Jasmine)."

Interesting.

BTW - all of those alkaloids are good stuff.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.c...hp?t=87514#ixzz2DwUAsRZO

Quote:
The main alkaloid found in the leaves and stems of Trachelospermum jasminoides is ibogaine, along with tabernaemontanine, vobasine and voacangine-7-hydroxyindolenine (this last one is possibly an extraction artefact). The total alkaloid content is about 0.04%, but no percentages were given for the separate alkaloids. There is at least one anecdotal reference of a researcher ingesting a quantity of seeds of this species, resulting in strong effects (no more details than that known).
http://www.shaman-austra...index.php?showtopic=1774

Stronger than Valium that one! I'd say.Smile

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 12/27/2012 6:21:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so could one put a jasmine oil in an e-cig for a nice relaxation?
or do the oils not have the correct molecules?

if not, what would be a viable method of extraction?

also would these GABA receptors interact with MAOI in any way?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Purges
#7 Posted : 12/29/2012 5:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I knew there was some reason why Jasmine flower was so great in Changa! Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Ilex
#8 Posted : 1/13/2013 7:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
so could one put a jasmine oil in an e-cig for a nice relaxation?
or do the oils not have the correct molecules?

if not, what would be a viable method of extraction?

How hot do those e-cig's get? The volatile oils in jasmine are quite heat sensitive, but it might be a viable option.

Commercially jasmine oil is produced either by supercritical CO2 extraction (aka needing a lot of very expensive machinery), or by solvent extraction in which a hydrocarbon solvent (which one you use influences the resulting oil) is added to the plant material to help dissolve the essential oil. The solution is filtered and concentrated by distillation, to yield a concrete (a substance containing resin, or a combination of wax and essential oil). Pure alcohol is used to extract the oil and when the alcohol evaporates, the oils are left behind.

The old school perfumery way to do it is to fill trays with animal fat, and then cover them in a layer of jasmine flowers. Each day you would pull off the old flowers and layer on new ones, until the fat is saturated with the jasmine oils. Then, you add pure alcohol to extract the oils and evaporate it.

spinCycle
#9 Posted : 1/13/2013 8:51:45 PM

Life is Art is Life

From an online vendors listing for Jasmine Oil:
Quote:
You would not believe how helpful this scent is for panic attacks. Mix a few drops in a half ounce of carrier oil, and you have an extraordinarily relaxing rub. Jasmine blends well with beeswax, benzoin, bergamot, blood orange, rosewood, clary sage, clove, copal, coriander, currant bud, fennel, lavender, mimosa, orange blossom, petitgrain, rose, sandalwood, tonka bean, tuberose, violet leaf, and ylang ylang.
Smile
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

twofourtwo
#10 Posted : 1/13/2013 9:30:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know much about essential oils or how to use them, but I bought a bottle of jasmin oil after I first read this post, and now I just like to sniff the bottle every now and then, when I feel it's useful for some relaxation. It works very well for me. A couple of weeks ago I ran into a hysterical woman in the street who had had some serious relationship troubles. She was in all states and hyperventilating. We called the police for her and tried to calm her down but she was too upset. I think that, if I had that bottle of jasmin then I could have helped her calm down. Very powerful smell and I'm glad I've got to know it through this post Smile

Ilex wrote:

The old school perfumery way to do it is to fill trays with animal fat, and then cover them in a layer of jasmine flowers. Each day you would pull off the old flowers and layer on new ones, until the fat is saturated with the jasmine oils. Then, you add pure alcohol to extract the oils and evaporate it.

That's very helpful information and I'd like to look into that. Do you think vegetable oils will work as well?

Parshvik Chintan
#11 Posted : 1/13/2013 9:37:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spinCycle wrote:
From an online vendors listing for Jasmine Oil:
Quote:
You would not believe how helpful this scent is for panic attacks. Mix a few drops in a half ounce of carrier oil, and you have an extraordinarily relaxing rub. Jasmine blends well with beeswax, benzoin, bergamot, blood orange, rosewood, clary sage, clove, copal, coriander, currant bud, fennel, lavender, mimosa, orange blossom, petitgrain, rose, sandalwood, tonka bean, tuberose, violet leaf, and ylang ylang.
Smile

i am almost positive they are referring to pudica. though that might indicate there is no negative MAOI interaction.
Ilex wrote:
How hot do those e-cig's get? The volatile oils in jasmine are quite heat sensitive, but it might be a viable option.

hot enough to burn dmt if you hold the button down the entire inhalation, but if you feather it, you can get it to not even do that (whilst diminishing the amount atomized, obviously).

to be honest i am not really a fan of the e-cig (yet! i have yet to devise a potent oil that burns right), but it was a gift, so i am grateful Big grin.

i think investing in a low-resistance cartomizer might be well worth it as it is impossible to fill my lungs in one breath with the standard cartomizer i got, but i have yet to try one to see if the difference is negligible or not.

Ilex wrote:

how do you separate the alcohol from the animal fat?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!