We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1617181920NEXT»
If you're having trouble getting crystals from acrb, use this tek (thick-light) Options

BobbyBrazil
#341 Posted : 4/12/2013 5:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mrdandman wrote:
After the first freeze precip and putting the solvent back into the basified solution, do I want to reheat the solution itself or the naptha. From the research I've done, I think you want the naptha to be warm to increase the solubility and get more into the naptha. Is the the right way to do it, by heating the naptha and then adding it back into the basified solution?

I have also read that heating up the naphtha and putting that into a room temp base would make the DMT stick to the solvant more readily. However when I tried this just yesterday I had an issue with the naphtha not wanting to separate from my base very quickly (it took like 45 minutes and still not all separated) at which point the temp of the naphtha had surely cooled down. Which made me think that this was not really helping since once cooled the naphtha was not going to hold on to the DMT the way I wanted it to. So I ended up putting the mixture into a hot bath to heat the whole lot. After it got nice and hot, I shook it up and found that the naphtha separated from the base very quickly and completely (5 min). Maybe the hot solvant is better suited for Teks where the base is quite dry? I don't have enough experience with those Teks. Maybe someone else can chime in?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

thick-light
#342 Posted : 4/14/2013 3:59:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here are pics of six pulls done on 500 g of ACRB
the dish contains the naptha with all the floaters in it I pour
as much off as possible then pour the rest inn a dish to evap.
I love all of you!

thick-light
#343 Posted : 4/14/2013 4:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here they are
thick-light attached the following image(s):
photo (6).JPG (271kb) downloaded 536 time(s).
photo.JPG (281kb) downloaded 530 time(s).
photo (5).JPG (289kb) downloaded 530 time(s).
photo (4).JPG (304kb) downloaded 527 time(s).
photo (2).JPG (229kb) downloaded 527 time(s).
photo (3).JPG (301kb) downloaded 527 time(s).
photo (1).JPG (324kb) downloaded 523 time(s).
I love all of you!

cyb
#344 Posted : 4/14/2013 4:15:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Hey thick-light
Have you ever saved up all your pulls and then evapped a bit (to saturate further and reduce volume), then frozen the lot in one dish?

I'm thinking it may be easier to have one dish with all the spice crashing out in one place...
maybe even fridging the pulls while the others are being done...to grow bigger crystals...

Nice fluffies from acacia...and not a blob of goo in sight... Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

thick-light
#345 Posted : 4/14/2013 4:21:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

these are six pulls, I just wanted to show how much spice it is possible to pull from 500 g of ACRB. Having trouble finding pics you can see 5 jars, a bowl and a dish that contains the naptha that had all the floaters everyone is having trouble keeping , I just pour off as much as possible then pour the rest to be evaporated. There is over 5 grams here.

I re-x and that's when I get the big x-tals, over 1500ml of naptha was used each pull contained about 200 and some ml's or so.

So anyone not getting atleast a 1% yield should keep pulling until the bark is exhausted.

Waste not want not.

this will also be my last post as thick-light

what cyb said about combining all pulls is a good idea the only problem is x-tals start dropping out so quick, I guess one can put all the pulls in a half gallon jar but then the scraping will be difficult post some solutions if you got 'em...

Peace, love and light
I love all of you!

thick-light
#346 Posted : 4/14/2013 5:46:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

final yield was 9.7 grams!!!!!!!!

after a quick preliminary scraping

sorry for the blurry photos all I have is an old digital camera
I still use 35mm film
and develop photos myself the old school way
thick-light attached the following image(s):
final weigh.JPG (278kb) downloaded 504 time(s).
9.7.JPG (301kb) downloaded 510 time(s).
I love all of you!

mailorderdiety
#347 Posted : 4/14/2013 7:21:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thick light, thanks so much for all your help. btw why are you changing your name if you don't mind me asking?

Zwill1204
#348 Posted : 4/23/2013 9:46:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

First time extraction . I'm a complete noob. I followed you tek as best I could .I used 200g of Hawaiian acacia confusa

I just tried my first pull and it came out to 1.262 Big grin of white with a little peach of the bottom of the thicker parts.
I still have 6 more pulls in the freezer that are all looking awesome . I also tried some salt on the last two pulls cuz 4th pull was looking not so saturated and looks like it really helped . I will post my final results once I have it all dried out. but I wouldn't be surprised to have 4-5g . Can't believe it . Thank you do much Thick-light!!!!

Highly recommended tek for noobs or experienced !!
This is all typed from a phone with a cracked screen and a auto correct with a mind of its own . I appologize if reading my messages is like cracking a code.

Namaste

dxmroid
#349 Posted : 4/23/2013 2:48:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you did your reading up and got a successful results

Congratulations let us know how the bioassay goes

Zwill1204
#350 Posted : 4/24/2013 5:42:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jus dried out my second pull. Came out to 1.65
And I was able to scrape more out of my frist pull which went form
1.26 to 1.44. So total of 3.09g form 2 pulls of 200g of acacia confusa . Might I ad the bark was shredded by hand and took me hours and wasn't even close to Being as shredded as everyone talks about and still got this much. I saved my bark to grind it down in the near future to see what else I can get from her .
1st pull was nearly 95% pure white crystal with tiny bit of peach
2nd pull was 50/50 white and peach . Might try re-x the second but then again it's not like it's blood read from dirty naphtha .

I tried a little last night maybe 40mg but not all at once .colors got very vibrant and senses were heightened . Iv never done spice before and am
Trying to find a sitter for emotional support as I am alittle nervous I guess .
Any pointers for a first timer greatly appreciated !

Thanks everyone couldn't have had this success without the community !!
This is all typed from a phone with a cracked screen and a auto correct with a mind of its own . I appologize if reading my messages is like cracking a code.

Namaste

lazaro741
#351 Posted : 4/24/2013 8:39:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zwill1204 wrote:
1.26 to 1.44. So total of 3.09g form 2 pulls of 200g of acacia confusa . Might I ad the bark was shredded by hand and took me hours and wasn't even close to Being as shredded as everyone talks about and still got this much. I saved my bark to grind it down in the near future to see what else I can get from her .
2nd pull was 50/50 white and peach . Might try re-x the second but then again it's not like it's blood read from dirty naphtha .

I tried a little last night maybe 40mg but not all at once .colors got very vibrant and senses were heightened . Iv never done spice before and am

im with you bro i got like 100mg that i scarped up and alot of goo but im scared as hell to try it Sad

Void-explorer
#352 Posted : 4/25/2013 4:57:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've been working with this tek for quite sometime now and extractions in general and I've been unsuccessful with a final product, however I've been learning a lot. When I tried this tek I cut everything in half and from my past experience I usually result in some type of goo that I have no particular interest in. That being said when discouraged with my end result, I pour my cold naptha back into the vessel in which I use and minutes later, like magic, there will be crystals sitting at the bottom of the naptha and on the top of the acacia mix. My question is does anyone know why this would happen and what could I do to get the crystals back into the naptha to freeze precip? Thank you all.

InnerVoyages29
#353 Posted : 4/25/2013 6:06:45 AM

The Other You

Void-explorer wrote:
So I've been working with this tek for quite sometime now and extractions in general and I've been unsuccessful with a final product, however I've been learning a lot. When I tried this tek I cut everything in half and from my past experience I usually result in some type of goo that I have no particular interest in. That being said when discouraged with my end result, I pour my cold naptha back into the vessel in which I use and minutes later, like magic, there will be crystals sitting at the bottom of the naptha and on the top of the acacia mix. My question is does anyone know why this would happen and what could I do to get the crystals back into the naptha to freeze precip? Thank you all.

Have you tried seeing what drops at room temp? I got a better yield of crystals from what I left to drop at room temperature. Managed to get some pretty big snow globes from what did freeze precip. I had to leave in freezer for a few days before it was easy to work with tho.
InnerVoyages29 attached the following image(s):
resource.jpg (102kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
"It has touched people, changed points of view, accelerated self improvement, given hope to those without, pushed those who seek to learn, and hyper slapped those that need to be put in their place." - anrchy

The Art of Changa Making - Courtesy of OM

"There is no... Life I know... To compare with Pure imagination.... Living there... You'll be free... If you truly Wish to be" - Willy Wonka

Zwill1204
#354 Posted : 4/25/2013 7:19:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lazaro741 wrote:
Zwill1204 wrote:

im with you bro i got like 100mg that i scarped up and alot of goo but im scared as hell to try it Sad

Yea I wanna experience it sooo bad but I'm all alone on this. Wish it was possible to meet someone on here that lives in the Denver boulder area to journey with. But I know it's prob against the rules and people would be scared to get set up or somthing . I dont know how to go about finding someone to journey with . It's not like finding people that smoke weed lol
Anyway iv got plenty to play with.
I just did yoga and then Meditated for a while about being greatfull for this opportunity to have made spice and picked up my machine and started hitting it but I wont let myself take as big of hits as I know I need to . Just enough to have my senses heightened but thus it . Kinda disappointed in myself . I think having a friend to do it with would make the world of difference .

Namaste

Void-explorer
#355 Posted : 4/25/2013 2:45:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried seeing what drops at room temp? I got a better yield of crystals from what I left to drop at room temperature. Managed to get some pretty big snow globes from what did freeze precip. I had to leave in freezer for a few days before it was easy to work with tho.[/quote]

How long should it sit because barely anything dropped at room temp. Im so confused! hah

InnerVoyages29
#356 Posted : 4/25/2013 5:07:13 PM

The Other You

How long should it sit because barely anything dropped at room temp. Im so confused! hah[/quote]

I let mine sit for 8 hours/overnight. Also you wanna make sure the container you're using for what drops at room temperature is small. I used a 5x7 glass Tupperware dish, I've heard people say that if the container is too big it wont drop at room temp.
"It has touched people, changed points of view, accelerated self improvement, given hope to those without, pushed those who seek to learn, and hyper slapped those that need to be put in their place." - anrchy

The Art of Changa Making - Courtesy of OM

"There is no... Life I know... To compare with Pure imagination.... Living there... You'll be free... If you truly Wish to be" - Willy Wonka

LiberarTuMente
#357 Posted : 4/25/2013 10:00:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

buriedburden
#358 Posted : 4/26/2013 6:14:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used this tek to a T and it resulted in beautiful white crystals that smell vaguely like spice. They don't seem to have any qualities of spice though. I've vaporized 50mg in my gvg and all i get are spatial effects. I was wondering what i could do to extract a more pure product? would washing and recrystaling help or are my efforts at a loss?
buriedburden attached the following image(s):
011.JPG (2,358kb) downloaded 356 time(s).

Zwill1204
#359 Posted : 4/26/2013 7:51:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^ drooolDrool

Namaste

Void-explorer
#360 Posted : 4/29/2013 2:11:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

InnerVoyages29 wrote:

How long should it sit because barely anything dropped at room temp. Im so confused! hah

I let mine sit for 8 hours/overnight. Also you wanna make sure the container you're using for what drops at room temperature is small. I used a 5x7 glass Tupperware dish, I've heard people say that if the container is too big it wont drop at room temp.[/quote]

I did that and got some crystals but still a lil gooey...gonna re-x and then put in an even smaller container, thanks for your help

«PREV1617181920NEXT»