We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The Human Antenna - DMTransmissions Options

MomentOfTruth
#1 Posted : 11/28/2012 7:51:01 AM

Astro-Travellin

I want to share this experience while it is fresh on my mind. The whole thing struck me as somewhat of an epiphany when it occurred just a few moments ago. It was quite a profound experience for me and it was not even close to a breakthrough dose.

I'll get to the point.

I was about to dump a weeks worth of spent bud into an old pill bottle. I picked up some Blue Dream and Orange Kush last week and it was the first time I'd made a deposit in the bottle for a few months. When I opened the pill bottle I notice a slight odor of spice. I dumped out the bottle onto a plate and instantly notice a little clump of mullein in the bunch. There were a few peices of calea lodged in there and a little bit of caapi leaf as well. I realized this was from an attempt to vape changa in the GVG a couple months earlier. I assumed it was mostly spent herb, but I hadn't gone on a journey in a few weeks and there it was, my last little remnant of DMT. Well.... until I get around to the rest of my bark....

I muted the television so the room was totally silent and started taking long drags of the dmt laced mullein. After 3 large hits, held in 15 seconds each, I noticed a heightened sense of awareness. No hyperspace visuals. Just a heightened auditory perception.

I take 2 more even larger hits and hold them in even longer..........

buzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

A vibration starts emanating from my head. I can feel it transmitting outward from my body. Not only can I feel this vibration, but I can audibly hear it as well! The vibration was intense. Not overpowering, but intense. It was sort of like when you stand up too quick and you get a head rush. Then your ears starting ringing loudly with vibration until you can't hear anything else. Similar vibration, but my head was not ringing. I could still hear everything else in the room clearly. It felt as though I had been surrounded by a super dense field of energy and I could hear my own vibrations cutting through it.

Instantly I start noticing the familiar zip, zoink, zow, zee sounds all around me as if some quantum orchestra were playing songs in the key of God. It was absolutely brilliant! The DMT soundtrack has always intrigued me! I play with alot of noise making devices, samplers, and synths in my free time so these sounds are quite inspiring!

I begin thinking about the vibration, and pondering this question. Am I audibly hearing the cosmic vibrational frequency being emitted by myself? As I'm thinking about it I hear something else come into my audio field on the left side. I'm about 2 minutes into the experience at this point and the sound that I experienced could only be likened to some sort of invisible cosmic horsefly breaching my field of vibrations and flying all around me. I can't say that I heard it exactly, but it was more like I sensed it come into the vibration and could assume its size and nature based on the way that it distorted my own vibrations. Sort of like a Bat using sonar to find its way around a dark jungle cave.

This "thing", that breached my field of awareness seemed as if it were checking me for information. I sensed it circling my body as if to complete some sort of full body scan. It was merely a blip in my field of auditory perception. I could tell that it was independent of the normal chatter/whitenoise/static that was in the background. It felt like a totally separate BIT of quantum information had come into my energy field. It had its own unique signature as it whizzed around me and even though I could not see it, I knew it was there.

After this invisible object(for lack of better term) checked me out for a few minutes I sensed it go off into the distance, out of my range of perception. I continued perceiving the vibrations and experiencing the heightened sense of hearing for 7-8 minutes in total.

Immediately I started asking myself questions....

What if the human body is a cosmic antenna? Capable of sending/receiving information?

What if DMT was the link between the consciousness and the body.
Making the connections, and tuning your antenna to the frequency of the universe?

Did I just communicate with the universe in some sort of fundamental way? Or is there an even crazier explanation for this inspection I just underwent in my living room?

I guess its not the first time I've been a little schitz'd out after a DMT session. Ha!

It was quite a bizarre experience. It felt as if I had turned on a switch, started broadcasting a signal, the signal was picked up by something, and then I was scanned by a microscopic invisible object.

I don't know exactly how I feel about it yet. It was quite a convincing experience 20 minutes ago, while it was happening. It was the first time I've had an experience that was 100% auditory with no visuals. I was able to focus entirely on the sounds and the story that they told was quite amazing!

I'm not here to make bold claims or gain support for any of my crack pot theories! Big grin

These are merely thoughts and ideas, meant to inspire creativity in thinking.

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed experiencing it!

Thanks for reading! Good Night, Nexians!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Felnik
#2 Posted : 11/28/2012 2:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes man I totally relate , My experiences have consistently been almost exactly what you describe for a long time. It feels as though we project our vibration into hyperspace where it is picked up by these various entity-like things. I have suspected them to be intelligent bots of some kind. The scanning of our minds is pretty standard for me.
Our minds are like the light and they are like moths flocking to it and absorbing it.

We definitely project some kind of signal that is recognized by something.
I personally think that if more people were paying closer attention during they're experiences we would see this kind of experience showing up more in descriptions. I really feel like there is alot of clutter and confusion that masks whats Actually happening to most people.

I've seen this so many times that there is no doubt in my mind that we are transmitting something. It seems to me that whatever is recieving it is adapted or designed to pick up our signal. Personally I believe we are at an early stage of connection to a whole new or perhaps old universe accessible from within our minds.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Non Dua Natura
#3 Posted : 11/28/2012 2:31:07 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

MOT wrote:
The DMT soundtrack has always intrigued me! I play with alot of noise making devices, samplers, and synths in my free time so these sounds are quite inspiring!

I absolutely adore noise music, particularly harsh noise and power electronics so I totally relate to what you're describing here. Smile

Your descriptions and questions are very interesting but I'm just about to go out so I'll say this and then try to reply more later.

Quote:
What if the human body is a cosmic antenna? Capable of sending/receiving information?

Refining that idea a little, consider the brain and nervous system, rather than the body itself, as the potential 'antenna' or possibly, and in an easier to contemplate metaphor, something like a radio. It's not that the brain produces consciousness or experience, but it seems to harness a deep level of informational processing[1] which is then translated into experience via quantum mechanical processes.

This idea is pretty new to me, to be honest, but it makes sense from an experiential and intellectual point-of-view so I thought you might enjoy a little food for thought. My knowledge of quantum mechanics is scant at best, but it seems likely that, as my friend suggested: "Considering quantum mechanical processes have been observed in the brain, physics now will be increasingly invoked to explain awareness and consciousness, more and more (whether through electromagnetism or Orch-OR) etc."

[1] A very knowledgeable and highly experienced yogi, who's also a PhD-level theoretical physicist by trade and has extensive experience with DMT, I'm speaking with at present suggested looking at Orch-OR via microtubules as the most likely candidate.

Edited to add: If you're not familiar with it, check out Chalmer's hard problem of consciousness for some very interesting avenues to explore while considering this area of experience.
When it blows, it stacks...

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 11/28/2012 2:53:09 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I wouldn't doubt it if we were, i mean we are completely influenced by all the planets, in one way or another, it's just not fully noticeable. It just is.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Crazyhorse
#5 Posted : 11/28/2012 3:30:13 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

Non Dua Natura wrote:

Refining that idea a little, consider the brain and nervous system, rather than the body itself, as the potential 'antenna' or possibly, and in an easier to contemplate metaphor, something like a radio. It's not that the brain produces consciousness or experience, but it seems to harness a deep level of informational processing[1] which is then translated into experience via quantum mechanical processes.

This is pretty much exactly the view of consciousness that I've held for the last few years. The simplified way that I've taken to explaining it to people, is that instead of consciousness being something generated by our brains and that we carry it around inside our heads, you can think of it as our heads being inside of consciousness. What we carry around is just our individual perception of it, and the memories generated by it. I can see how DMT (and other psychedelics) could very easily be looked at as ways of adjusting the frequency that we receive, or increasing our bandwidth.

To put it a little less simply, I consider consciousness to exist as a nonlocal, zero dimensional quantum field that consists of information in it's purest form. This is, IMO, the same "medium" that allows the instant transmission of information across vast distances that is demonstrated in quantum entanglement. This could also be the missing piece of the pilot wave theory. I think that the nervous systems of living things are able to "tune in" to this field, and that this is the source of what we call awareness. The only real difference between us and other forms of life, is the amount of processing our brains are able to do to this signal.

(Non Dua Natura: as a side note, I'd just like to say I've been very impressed by many of your posts. Thumbs up You obviously know quite a lot about a wide range of subjects, but don't come across as a "know-it-all" who's trying to tell people how it absolutely is. You're just offering your own current take on it, for whatever it might be worth. I try my best to do the same thing. Very happy And after following your posts for a little while I get the impression you and I may have come to have some pretty similar ideas about the nature of things. I wish I could sit down with you and really pick your brain sometime!)
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

Enoon
#6 Posted : 11/28/2012 3:41:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I like that description Crazyhorse, it resonates a lot with some of my own speculations on the topic.

Although then I end up with the question - if we are aware because of the processing functions of our brain/body, what of non-physical entities? How do they "tune into" the consciousness field? Also, can the entirety of the cosmos be considered an information processing unit as well and thus be something like an over-consciousness? What about networks of beings - can they, if they form a certain dynamic pattern of interaction also be seen as a separate information processing entity and thus be considered to have a kind of collective consciousness?

sorry for digressing the thread a bit...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Crazyhorse
#7 Posted : 11/28/2012 4:07:21 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

I don't really think it's digressing at all, it seems to me that this is all very much in line with what the OP experienced.

Beyond what I've already said it all becomes extremely speculative of course. But if you take the basic idea for granted, I think it's pretty easy to imagine how within this vast ocean of pure information, you could get something like a more concentrated grouping of information related to a certain thing, which could itself be something that might be perceived as a "non physical entity". Like for example, there could be a grouping of information related to the substance we call water, that if perceived by a living mind, might be interpreted as the "spirit" of water. So rather than them "tuning in" to the field of consciousness the way living things do, a spirit or entity might actually be a structure of higher order formed WITHIN the field of consciousness itself.

I think of the idea of reincarnation in a similar way... it's not that the "you" that you are now somehow survives intact and migrates in a linear way to a new body, as the Hindu's would have it. It's more like there is a fractal pattern within the field of consciousness that expresses itself as "You" in a non-linear way in many different bodies throughout time. The pattern itself simply consists of all the information perceived by "you" throughout all of your lifetimes. I think it's very possible that networks of connections could form within this medium, which could explain things like global consciousness, telepathy, and other phenomena that are currently seen as outside the realm of science (despite being repeatedly demonstrated BY science, like the Global Consciousness Project for instance). I could also easily imagine people creating what are sometimes called "stone gods" through this medium. Basically, if enough people believe in something and put their collective thought energy into it, it becomes "real" to a certain degree. And if you take the entire field as having some kind of meta-consciousness of it's own, this could easily qualify for most definitions of "God". I think that in extreme psychedelic states beyond ego death (and also in those very rare cases of truly "enlightened" humans) where the oneness of everything is directly perceived, that may actually be tapping into the "wavelength" of this uber-awareness.

I could really go off on a tangent here about the pilot wave theory, and how the movement of probability waves through the medium of consciousness is how matter gives form to the "thoughts" of "god", and thus creates everything that exists, or how our 4 dimensional reality is essentially a hologram being projected through the raw information of the zero dimensional field (AKA "hyperspace" ), but that might be taking it a bit too far. Wink I probably spend way too much time thinking about all this.

MomentOfTruth
#8 Posted : 11/28/2012 4:39:14 PM

Astro-Travellin

Non Dua Natura wrote:
MOT wrote:
The DMT soundtrack has always intrigued me! I play with alot of noise making devices, samplers, and synths in my free time so these sounds are quite inspiring!

I absolutely adore noise music, particularly harsh noise and power electronics so I totally relate to what you're describing here. Smile

Your descriptions and questions are very interesting but I'm just about to go out so I'll say this and then try to reply more later.

Quote:

I really enjoyed this response.

I'm still not sure whether I think it is the body, the consciousness/awareness, or the combination of the two that make the potential "antenna". But my reason for suggesting that the body may work like an antenna is that under normal circumstances we are not tuned into this deeper level of informational processing. In my experience last night, the heightened sense of awareness seemed like a physical phenomena, brought on only by the addition of the DMT, and effecting my physical senses as well as my conscious "experience". I could actually "feel" the vibration emanating from my body on a physical level. It felt like my phsyical brain/body was able to translate and amplify the signal that was flowing from my consciousness, and was able to transmit that signal.

I think we often take this for granted, especially the vibrational/audio aspect of the DMT trip. I've never experienced the sounds as profoundly as I did last night, and even though I had previously noticed the sounds and appreciated them, I had never had an experience like this where there were no visual hallucinations distracting me from putting my full focus on what I was hearing. Hopefully this will inspire people to start paying closer attention to these sounds/vibrations. It was absolutely mesmerizing even without the visual aspect being present.

Non Dua Natura wrote:

This idea is pretty new to me, to be honest, but it makes sense from an experiential and intellectual point-of-view so I thought you might enjoy a little food for thought. My knowledge of quantum mechanics is scant at best, but it seems likely that, as my friend suggested: "Considering quantum mechanical processes have been observed in the brain, physics now will be increasingly invoked to explain awareness and consciousness, more and more (whether through electromagnetism or Orch-OR) etc."

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and relate, Non Dua Naturna!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

MomentOfTruth
#9 Posted : 11/28/2012 4:44:29 PM

Astro-Travellin

Crazyhorse... You just made my day, buddy. Your words are so beautiful!

You have a poetic eloquence about yourself that makes it a pleasure to read your words!

Thank you for your addition to this thread!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

Crazyhorse
#10 Posted : 11/28/2012 5:07:02 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

Thanks very much! Big grin I'm glad to hear that all made some kind of sense, and relates somehow to your own experience. I absolutely don't claim that I have any kind of grip on the Ultimate Truth, but do have an awful lot of ideas that are fun to kick around, and I've never found a better place for it than this forum.

I really think that many of the things that are currently seen as beyond the realm of science, eventually may fall within the scope of things that are understood and that can even be "proven" by the human intellect. The current war between science and spirituality is incredibly unfortunate and I think a detriment to the full maturation of both. People like the Yogi that Non Dua mentioned are my hope for a future where a fuller understanding of the true nature of our universe can be reached.

Felnik
#11 Posted : 11/28/2012 5:28:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this concept you brought up about entities as more concentrated
Areas of information in a sea of information . That's a great line of thinking.
It really is a different way of seeing this .
It's sparked a bit of a rethinking on my own part . I,m always
Searching for ways to see these experiences as objectively as possible
Trying to see it in another way without applying my human earthly reality baggage.
It's difficult when pondering the potential motivations of
These particular entity encounters .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

MomentOfTruth
#12 Posted : 11/28/2012 5:45:00 PM

Astro-Travellin

Crazyhorse wrote:
I could really go off on a tangent here about the pilot wave theory, and how the movement of probability waves through the medium of consciousness is how matter gives form to the "thoughts" of "god", and thus creates everything that exists, or how our 4 dimensional reality is essentially a hologram being projected through the raw information of the zero dimensional field (AKA "hyperspace" ), but that might be taking it a bit too far. Wink I probably spend way too much time thinking about all this.

Have you read much about the holographic model of the universe? It would appear as if you are well aware of this model. I recently read a book my Michael Talbot called "A Holographic Universe"

Here is a link to it for anyone interested.

A Holographic Universe - Michael Talbot - Free online

This book opened up my thinking more than anything that i'd read in quite a long time. I'm not saying that it should be taken as gospel, but there are so many gems in this book it is worth anyone paying $10 to get a copy. It basically ties general relativity/quantum mechanics and that standard model of the universe in with all of the strange phenomena that science tends to stay away from. And it does it pretty convincingly. It takes things like mystical experiences, NDEs, OBEs, psychic phenomena, remote viewing, paranormal activity, telekenesis and telepathy, psychedelic experimentation, etc.. and talks about real examples of these phenomena throughout history. It ties it all together through the holographic model.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was when the author brings in his own personal experiences as i don't feel they add anything useful to the book. All of the other information provided is well cited and can be independently confirmed with a little research. However, he does very little of this throughout the book and focuses mainly on just giving you the information and letting you peice it together.

Highly recommend!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

Crazyhorse
#13 Posted : 11/28/2012 5:55:06 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

I haven't actually read it yet (just one of many I really need/want to get around to), but I've been aware of the theory and supportive of it in general since shortly after it was first proposed. Parts of it definitely ring true to me and seem to fit with several other puzzle pieces that I'm partial to. Except that the "surface" that the hologram is being "projected" from is generally explained as being "the edge of the universe". This makes no sense at all to me, which is why I've adapted it to my idea of the "source" being the zero dimension/hyperspace.

Non Dua Natura
#14 Posted : 11/28/2012 9:44:25 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Crazyhorse wrote:
(Non Dua Natura: as a side note, I'd just like to say I've been very impressed by many of your posts. You obviously know quite a lot about a wide range of subjects, but don't come across as a "know-it-all" who's trying to tell people how it absolutely is. You're just offering your own current take on it, for whatever it might be worth. I try my best to do the same thing. And after following your posts for a little while I get the impression you and I may have come to have some pretty similar ideas about the nature of things. I wish I could sit down with you and really pick your brain sometime!)

Thanks mate, I appreciate that and look forward to getting the chance to do some mutual brain-picking soon! I noticed a lot of similarities between your posts on here and the way I tend to think about these things too so it'll be pretty cool to bounce ideas around and see what comes of it.

cyb
#15 Posted : 11/28/2012 10:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Non Dua Natura wrote:
Crazyhorse wrote:
I get the impression you and I may have come to have some pretty similar ideas about the nature of things.

it'll be pretty cool to bounce ideas around and see what comes of it.

Now that would be a thread worth watching....You two have definitely got some knowledge between you. And you both manage to be engaging and forthright without being condescending.
I would especially like to see a discourse on Science versus Occult.

Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Crazyhorse
#16 Posted : 11/28/2012 10:14:53 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

cyb wrote:

Now that would be a thread worth watching....You two have definitely got some knowledge between you. And you both manage to be forthright without being condesending.

Wink

That sounds awesome to me, could be really productive! Thumbs up While I know a bit about various kinds of occult studies and forms of meditation, I get the definite impression that Non Dua has gone much deeper into these areas than I have. And at the same time it sounds like I might have gone a bit further into the theoretical physics and cosmology side of things... bringing all this together somehow along with all the other realms of knowledge held by the members of this forum could be really interesting!

Non Dua Natura
#17 Posted : 11/28/2012 11:05:47 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Cyb wrote:

Definitely! Laughing Although as time goes on, that distinction seems less and less valid...

To be honest, my approach to this whole 'spiritual' thing is probably more scientific than mystical. I'm in complete agreement with Crazyhorse's comment here:

CH wrote:
I really think that many of the things that are currently seen as beyond the realm of science, eventually may fall within the scope of things that are understood and that can even be "proven" by the human intellect. The current war between science and spirituality is incredibly unfortunate and I think a detriment to the full maturation of both. People like the Yogi that Non Dua mentioned are my hope for a future where a fuller understanding of the true nature of our universe can be reached.

My take on the whole thing is fairly complicated but I'll go into it more at some point, much as I'm from a meditative background my main areas of interest are the phenomenology of so-called spiritual or mystical experiences and the direct investigation of sensate experience on a moment-by-moment basis. I'm more inclined towards discussing these things in terms of non-spiritual models and metaphors, mainly because those approaches tend to invoke an affective response in people which can taint their interpretation.

In my experience, taking the bare bones of meditative and contemplative practices out of their spiritual models and presenting them in phenomenological terms makes it much easier to apply them and work with them efficiently without resorting to mystical thinking.

cyb
#18 Posted : 11/28/2012 11:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Reckon a new thread is called for, so as not to derail MomentofTruths OP much further. Thumbs up
'baited breath'

mystical thinking ,seems to me, to be science wrapped in alternative language...(or is it vice versa)
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Guyomech
#19 Posted : 11/29/2012 3:24:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Agreed... The only real difference in my eyes, besides language used, is that this thing we call science is more rigorous about proofs and whatnot.

Crazyhorse, I think it's interesting that you mention that "edge of the universe" thing... I've read a few very interesting articles about the holographic theory in New Scientist magazine, and that line always comes up... And each and every time that's been the one detail that stands out to me as being a big "Huh?!!". It suggests that the universe had this defined boundary or membrane with some kind of near infinite information-carrying capacity, and that the state of this boundary reflects an instantaneous expression of everything happening at that moment through the multibillion light year wide volume of the space in between. I feel that in this case science has mixed its metaphors past the point of intelligibility.

So thinking about it further, it brings me back to a thought I've had many times before, which is that space itself is illusory. We perceive space as space because we are attuned to do so, but in fact there is no "place", no "here" or "there", except when interpreted from certain perspectives. That would allow for such nonlocal effects such as those demonstrated by quantum entanglement, and in this light a holographic boundary almost makes sense. Think of how virtual space is created in a computer; the volume of space is represented by values in a processor, but only is expressed as space when viewed on a screen.

And no, I don't believe this viewpoint necessarily, but it's the simplest way that my limited brain can make sense of that "edge of the universe" provision.

Aegle
#20 Posted : 11/29/2012 10:36:45 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

MomentOfTruth

It is extremely fascinating that in Tantric philosophy consciousness and energy (vibration) are both eternal principles and from the union of consciousness and vibration the universe is manifested...

Much Peace and Kindness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

12NEXT