We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Read the teks before you extract knuckleheads! Options

vovin
#1 Posted : 3/6/2009 8:08:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I know there are other teks out there and I know mine is old but I have been looking at some of the questions in this forum and I was blown away by the number of them that ask simple questions that is clearly covered in my tek. I am not telling you to use my method. I am not saying I know it all but for gods sake before you do a extraction do some research and the number one thing anyone researching does on this stuff is read all the teks. I dont have links to other teks feel free to post them and i'll add them to this post.

A couple simple tipDont use lighter fluid
Dont use plastic for storing a solution for more than a few mins
Add water to your lye solution to dilute it

Multiple links to mine:
http://forums.mycotopia....tion-teks-pdf-files.html
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Vovin's_tek
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/Files/Books/General/Vovin's%20Unabridged%20Extraction%20guide.pdf

Marsofold:
http://dmt-nexus.me/webackup/tek1-marsfolds.htm

Normans tek:
http://www.erowid.org/pl.../mimosa_chemistry1.shtml
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 3/6/2009 9:25:17 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I have to agree with this.

You can find many teks at our Wiki.

Read them carefully and try to understand every step of an extraction tek before you start.

smokeydaze
#3 Posted : 3/7/2009 1:02:31 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I second this motion!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

GirlsHateMe
#4 Posted : 3/7/2009 1:37:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No amount of reading and understanding beats experience. Even the best are still learning.

Unfortunately messing up and figuring out what you did wrong and how to prevent and or fix it, is some of the best learning you can get.

Also guys, there arent THAT many threads here, and there is so much information in them, it shouldnt be to incredibly hard to find what you are asking about.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

smokeydaze
#5 Posted : 3/7/2009 2:37:46 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I think he was referring more to questions that come out of lack of experience and research, not so much trying to learn from mistakes.

GirlsHateMe
#6 Posted : 3/7/2009 2:51:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I noticed that now that you say something.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

vovin
#7 Posted : 3/7/2009 4:22:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I have had 2 pm's and I have answered 3 questions in this section in just the last few days so far that are covered explicitly in my tek. It became very clear to me that some people either dont know about all the teks or just arent reading them. Everyone has questions but some of the ones asked here are well covered in teks.

GirlsHateMe
#8 Posted : 3/7/2009 4:54:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes I too see people asking questions that have been answered time and again.

I used to get in trouble at my old message board for pointing it out so I just give them and link and try to be nice.

DarkShaman
#9 Posted : 3/7/2009 5:28:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, answering the same questions over and over again to every noob that walks through the door is beginning to feel a bit monotonous.
Confused

smokeydaze
#10 Posted : 3/7/2009 5:34:02 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Monotony for the win!

VisualDistortion
#11 Posted : 3/7/2009 7:16:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure they just skim the tech and get a general idea. And then they come to sites like this and ask all sorts of questions about what they don't understand. Instead of thoroughly reading text and gaining as muchunderstanding as possible out of them.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 3/7/2009 11:23:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This is why I think the wiki is so important. If someone has a question about something specifically on the wiki, just shoot them a link, rather than doing their dirty work for them a scrounging through threads or repeating things that have been well established. If they have a question about something specifically in the wiki, at least we know they've read it and considered it before posting, and at the very worst, the wiki will have to be edited to make it more clear.

obliguhl
#13 Posted : 3/7/2009 11:30:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's an attitude problem. Lots of people expect to get everything handed to them on a silverplate. I think most teks are pretty straight foreward. And if there are specific questions, misunderstandings you can still ask...but everyone should know to freeze the naphta and not the basic solution for example.

appelseen
#14 Posted : 3/7/2009 2:33:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:

Dont use plastic for storing a solution for more than a few mins

I thought HDPE2 is okay...Confused
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

vovin
#15 Posted : 3/7/2009 7:47:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using plastic turkey baster or something small where the chemicals are exposed for just a few minutes is fine. But leaving a chemical in a plastic jug over a long period of time is not. Remember the half gallon to gallon of liquid you are working with will be taken down to about a teaspoon of final product so anything that liquid absorbs while it might be a very small percentage it will be concentrated considerably when you are at the final stage. I know there was research done on even the most stable plastics in baby bottles and it was found that still chemicals leeched into the milk. There was a craze for a while for glass baby bottles.

I am no chemist. But I know common sense and I know glass wont leech anything. You can go to the grocery store and but a gallon glass jug of some type of juice and use that but I wouldnt use plastic for anything.

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 3/7/2009 8:18:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HDPE is ok for naptha but Xylene eats it. HDPEs purpouse is actually storing chemicals like solvents. A Glass Jar can shatter doing STB ...that's why more and more people prefer HDPE container.

vovin
#17 Posted : 3/7/2009 8:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know zilch about the STB process so I 'll take your word for that.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 3/7/2009 9:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It hasn't happend to me, but I read it on the forums that lye can etch glass..so I wouldn't take the risk.

weissewolf
#19 Posted : 3/7/2009 9:33:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ive been reading so much chem in the last week my head feels like its going to explode Razz
Might buy a distiller soon so I can move onto harder things.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

weissewolf
#20 Posted : 3/10/2009 10:28:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I thought this pic was appropriate for this topic.
weissewolf attached the following image(s):
f5asuh.gif (787kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

12NEXT