We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi and Psychotria viridis dosage Options

sauSage
#1 Posted : 11/23/2012 9:52:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Question about dosage. Today I'm planning on doing 60g of white caapi, which I've done several times so I'm very comfortable with it. However this time I'd like to add some viridis into the mix. I'm curious what would be a better starting dose - 15g or 30g. I've read and been told both, so some of the collected opinion of the nexus would be much appreciated.

peace

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 11/24/2012 5:31:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say try the lower end first. You never know if you got lucky with extra strong viridis! Make enough for two or three doses, that way if it does turn out to be weak, you can always have some more.
Be an adult only when necessary.

DeDao
#3 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:19:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

*pokes head in*

How did it go?
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 3/7/2013 6:43:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brew 30 drink 15
if its not enough drink moar.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

#5 Posted : 3/13/2013 10:21:34 PM

Psilosopher

I have been holding on to some Psychotria Viridis and Caapi for a while now, and have been waiting for the right moment (both in terms of setting and mentally being fully prepared) to undertake my first Aya voyage. This time is drawing ever closer, especially now that I've made some drastic changes in lifestyle in favor of my health, and I'm preparing by reading as much as I possibly can about this topic.

I find it quite hard to really nail down a reliable measurement of caapi / viridis for a moderate first experience, so I'm very glad that you posted this very question. I have searched around in a lot of places but a lot of the dosages are either conflicting or just plain unclear (going as far as measuring dosages in "cups" without mentioning how it was brewed). A reliable and respected vendor specifies the following on their psychotria viridis page though:

Quote:
In most recipes:
25 grams is a low dosage
50 grams is an average dosage
75 grams is a high dosage

Again, I have neither brewed or experienced Ayahuasca before, so I am simply stating what I found. This seems quite a step up from what has been mentioned in this thread so far, so everyone (especially those who have experience with this plant) feel free to provide some feedback. I know potency of Viridis varies pretty drastically from vendor to vendor, which makes it harder to really pin down an exact amount to use.

When I get around to making the brew, I will probably make a few servings (as close to a medium dose as possible), start off with one and drink more an hour or so into the experience if needed.

I'm very interested in hearing how the trip went afterwards, please post back in the future if you can Smile
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 3/17/2013 11:21:21 PM

John Murdoch IV

Always just start low.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Jox
#7 Posted : 3/19/2013 12:41:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Pualsage,

- based on what I've read, chacruna has a very low DMT count. Some place I read that under 150g there is no visual experience.

- my own experience 123g did nothing, I regret buying it at all and wasting my $, the source was Maya. It was prepared by cooking with vinegar, and it has a heavy taste. I will do mimosa next time... ( btw, that's why nobody does extractions of DMT via chacruna, which has been comented on some posts)

Jox

Jees
#8 Posted : 3/19/2013 4:12:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16149327 wrote:
A total of 32 Banisteriopsis caapi samples and 36 samples of Psychotria viridis were carefully collected from different plants on the same day from 22 sites throughout Brazil for phytochemical analyses. A broad range in alkaloid distribution was observed in both sample sets. All B. caapi samples had detectable amounts of harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine (THH), while some samples of P. viridis had little or no detectable levels of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT). Leaves of P. viridis were also collected from one plant and analyzed for DMT throughout a 24-hour cycle.

Jees attached the following image(s):
chac-var.jpg (39kb) downloaded 423 time(s).