We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Recommend a sublingual harmala extract dosage? Options

behindthelight
#21 Posted : 11/19/2012 1:59:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
MelCat wrote:
...When purified to just harmine/harmaline, rue alks don't really give me any unpleasantness...

My god I wont even think of 400 - 500 mg, LOL.

lol...no kidding....I did an 8g rue tea one time and that was so strong you wouldn't even believe it.....................

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#22 Posted : 11/19/2012 2:03:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I cant be sure but after thinking the opposite for some time, I now think that maybe there is something more nauseating in rue. It was only one particular caapi vine that gave me similar sickness consistantly..and I have noticed it with rue as well but not as bad as with that vine.

I have been working with muricata and it is exactly like the white vine I used to really like..when I drink rue lately I get this lingering transient nausea for hours after the experience ends..it is managable but it sort of makes things unpleasant and takes away from the afterglow.

I cant be totally sure that it was not chaliponga that was doing that though..becasue I was brewing it into my brews for a while..and chaliponga is the least friendly admix for me in reguards to this..lasts longer with significantly more sickness.

I guess I will find out at some point when I brew rue again without any chaliponga..but at the moment the vine I am working with has not given me any lingering nausea after the exprience.

Manske crystals also do this..so maybe it could just be that I became more sensitive to harmaline.
Long live the unwoke.

embracethevoid
#23 Posted : 11/29/2012 11:25:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys, a lot of useful information here Smile

fathomlessness
#24 Posted : 6/27/2021 12:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MelCat wrote:
Jees wrote:
is there a potency difference between harmalas precipitated by salt (Manske) and those precipitated by a base agent? The yield difference is huge, can we say that the spectrum/potency is also different?

There will always be some extra weight to account for the extra salt molecules. The potency depends on how much salt was used during the manske. The more salt contamination, the weaker the potency.

In the Tao of Rue it outlines the different salt ratio's and their outcomes. I prefer the Phlux-'s variation for the final product after many, many filter sessions. The potency is on par if not better than with freebase and since it's in salt form, it hits you a lot faster. A little bit goes a loooong way.

If you want to verify the dosage and account for salt contamination, it's best to start out with a known amount of pretty clean freebase harmalas, dissolve them into a small amount of warmish/hot vinegar and then perform the manske. This will give you a rough estimate as to what you're working with.

Jees wrote:
BTW, I find the mentioned 30mg for maoi-functioning rather small, where did you get this info please? In practice I work between 1.5 - 2 mg/kg for maoi purposes.

As Jamie said in the previous post but I just wanted to reiterate, sublingual dosages and oral dosages are two completely different animals. When dosing sublingually, especially with pure harmala hcl, it doesn't take much at all for the effect to kick in. It typically doesn't last as long as if you had taken them orally though. Sublingual harmala usage doesn't do anything for oral spice as it never really reaches the gut but it does potentiate other routes of administration.

Jees wrote:
... where did you get this info please? ...

Check the DMT Dosage Guide in my signature.

Fair point Thumbs up

I've noticed it isn't as nice when you put
- harmala-hcl in to water (because of all the extra salt molecules burning your mucous membranes)

as it is

- harmala freebase in to hcl water (thereby converting to harmala-hcl without all the extra sodium chloride/salt molecules)

Would need to be calculated correctly. I'll make a tek soon.

PREV12