We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
salting out dmt hcl possible? Options

dumbsnake
#1 Posted : 3/3/2009 11:09:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if anyone has considered an extraction like the following:

1. Mix MHRB with water and HCl
2. Let sit for a while
3. Pour off the liquid and filter
4. Add gelatin powder to the liquid
5. Let it sit for a couple hours
6. Filter again
7. In a seperate container, boil salt water to be fully saturated
8. Add salt water to the liquid
9. Cool in the refrigerator
10. Look for a precipitate, if one isn't present, boil the water down to half the volume and repeat step 9
11. If there is a precipitate, let it settle
12. Pour off the liquid and refine the liquid further if desired, by boiling it down and repeating step 9
13. Titrate the DMT HCl that has precipitated with sodium carbonate and water
14. Once the DMT HCl has been fully titrated, it should be sitting at the bottom of the water... discard the water

Obviously, steps 13 & 14 could be skipped if the salt form is preferred. DMT HCl has a much longer shelf life I believe. Anyway, I haven't done this, but I was curious if anyone knows whether this would work. I'm looking at 69ron, but I'm sure there are plenty of others that might know.

My thought is just that DMT HCl will not be as soluble as NaCl and the common ion effect will force it out of solution, but this also makes me question whether DMT HCl is soluble in a strong solution of HCl. Thoughts?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:51:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I thought this worked for harmaline, not DMT.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

69ron
#3 Posted : 3/9/2009 1:59:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It works for DMT HCl, but just not as well as the harmalas.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

dumbsnake
#4 Posted : 3/9/2009 2:07:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
It works for DMT HCl, but just not as well as the harmalas.

Is harmala HCl less soluble than DMT HCl or what exactly is the reason it doesn't work as well? It seems like it is a much simpler method if it does work...

69ron
#5 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmine HCl is much less soluble in salt water than DMT HCl is. Because of that it works really well for harmine. I'm sure there's something you can do to make the DMT HCl even less soluble in cold salt water. Maybe saturating the solution with both salt and hydrochloric acid might work.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.