We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Spice Quality Options

spiritualexplorer
#1 Posted : 5/17/2007 11:50:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fellow psychonauts. I am new to this forum and have a few questions. I'd greatly appreciate your shared wisdom. I have succesfully extracted my first spice from MHRB using a tec similar to Marsofolds. The result was beautiful translucent white crystals. After four valiant attempts at smoking I have yet to 'break through' though... All four expieriences were intense and pleasurable but not quite world shattering. I have no device to measure mg's so I am estimating... generously it seems. First 2 times smoking I sandwiched the spice between ash in a glass pipe. The second 2 times I used one of those 'evil drug' pipes. On my last attempt, using about 100mg, I feel like I inhaled and held as much smoke in one minute as I possibly could, and yet still did not reach the other side. My questions are: Can the quality of spice vary that greatly even if you have pure white crystals? Was there a step in the extraction process that may have reduced the quality? Could it be the quality of the rootbark itself? Should I try smoking more or is the quantity negligable if the quality is low? Thank you so much for your assistance. Bessed Be
"The awakening of conscious awareness is unstoppable." -The Pleiadians

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

magic clown
#2 Posted : 5/18/2007 6:47:21 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

My friend found breaking through became easier with practice. He thinks one of the secrets of using DMT is to get it in as quickly as possible, its not like smoking a joint over time in a calm and relaxed manner. It has to be more aggressive. Big tokes held in for as long as is comfortable, exhaled and quickly onto the next big toke. After a short while, 3/4 tokes youll start to feel things happen. You may start to feel like your going to faint and that any more will be harmfull to you and youll want to stop. Ignore those thoughts they are not real. Keep toking a few more times and you will get there. Also my friend who is very experienced in these things, finds that there are occaisions when he fails to break through. He has no explanation for why this might be and simply puts it down to the mercurial nature of the spice.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Deemster Teamster
#3 Posted : 5/18/2007 9:37:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have my own theory on this. Yes, I believe the quality of extracted spice can vary even in samples that are white or translucent crystal. Many other people have noticed this too, and there were many reports of "bad bark" last year where people got nice looking crystal that was very weak. my theory is this: there are other alkaloids in MHRB. One in particular is NMT, an inactive tryptamine very similar to DMT in molecular structure. These other alkoloids are supposed to be in small concentrations in the bark, but plants can vary. its certainly possible that in some mimosa plants there is actually more NMT than DMT, or at least a reduced amount of DMT compared to NMT and other alkaloids.. when you extract and purify to the point where you have clear crystal, you have probably at least a 95% pure alkaloid extract, maybe even 99%+. but thats all the alkaloids in the plant and if it has a low DMT to other alkaloid ratio, then you'll haver some weak spice. still, with white/clear spice and 100mg you should have broken through and then some. but DMT smoking is a finicky art and sometimes it just doesnt work right.

spiritualexplorer
#4 Posted : 5/19/2007 4:16:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Deemster Teamster and Magic Clown, Thank you for the information. I smoked the last of my first extraction today with the same results. I am a long way from giving up though. I have dreamed of experiencing DMT for about 18 years. I still have 3/4 pound of the same root bark powder to use. After I am finished experimenting with that I will try another vendor. Next time I smoke I will try increasing the ammount... perhaps have 2 pipes ready. Oh, another question that came to mind. I purchased pre-powdered root bark. Do you think it makes a difference if it is freshly ground? Could it lose potency quicker in the powdered form if not used immediately? I am thoroughly enjoying this adventure. Thanks again for your responses. Peace

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 5/19/2007 5:06:38 AM

John Murdoch IV

I once read an article by some guy that smoked DMT hundreds of times before he got through. It was a long time ago and he didn't have www to gather information so he didn't really know what DMT had to offer. He just smoked it for the amazing colors. Then he little by little realised that there was something behind it all. And he started to break through. It sounds like it's a lot of practice involved.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

spiritualexplorer
#6 Posted : 5/19/2007 6:32:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I shall continue practicing! Perhaps the spice and I just need to get aquainted a bit first. I will say that I am otherwise thrilled with the success of my first extraction and the purity of the final product.

Deemster Teamster
#7 Posted : 5/19/2007 2:45:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

you said your experiences were " intense and pleasurable but not quite world shattering. " can you be a little bit more specific about the effects you got? I know DMT trips can be hard to describe. anyway, IMO a break through is a ++++ on the shulgin scale. it doesnt always happen when you smoke DMT it just happens when it wants to happen, kind of hard to explain. A good dose of DMT when smoked properly is always good for a +++ though.

spiritualexplorer
#8 Posted : 5/20/2007 5:45:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Deemster Teamster, Oh how to put into words... Here's my best. An intense euphoric rush moments after my first good toke... Expected... yet never experienced... remembering to inhale as much as I can within about a minute.... After last toke, I can barely perform the task of smoking... I am alone... Visuals take over with eyes open... a kind of 3D melting and a mushroom like enhancement of color yet different from any other psychedelic I have used... Lie down... eyes closed... a different reality for sure... yet still completely coherent... no closed eye visuals... kind of a mental trip... slightly altered thoughtform... Realizing I didn't break through... opening eyes and enjoying the rest of the experiece outside in nature... Not the top of the shulgin scale but very interesting. I shall continue trying. I have no doubt that it will happen eventually... I am fascinated by this aspect of the spice that I guess I wasn't quite aware of before. I always assumed that you were pretty much guaranteed to break through with the properly smoked dose. Thanks for shedding some light on the subject. I am going to perform another extraction soon and further pursue my realtionship with this spirit molecule. Peace

Simba
#9 Posted : 7/31/2007 1:02:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim recently did an extraction and produced nice white crystals, but nothing happened when smoked out of a lightbulb. No effects whatsoever. she was pretty disappointed. She followed Noman's tek to a T. The smell of the spice was there, but the effects weren't.

vroom
#10 Posted : 7/31/2007 3:11:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This pesky friend of mine who smokes pot thinks theres a conspiracy in online ordering. How hard would it be for a opponent of DMT or any other "Shaman" plants.To simply sell bogus material? AND make money off of it? And also discredit other people experiences? Like it's a hoax? Not like a person can look up in consumer reports who's the best to order from. Smile Someone should write them! lol

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 7/31/2007 11:24:57 PM

John Murdoch IV

If you are meant to smoke DMT then you're guided to the right sites and places. If you get bogus stuff then I think it's something guiding you another way. Probably then to protect you 'cause you might not be ready for hyperspace. I think most ordinary people would not come out ok frome there Razz Just couldn't handle it! Or it's reality testing you. Are you for real or what.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Noman
#12 Posted : 8/1/2007 6:36:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:96f290d148="vroom"]Not like a person can look up in consumer reports who's the best to order from. Smile Someone should write them! lol[/quote:96f290d148] That's what we need to be. For instance - BBB High Quality Inner Root Bark is bunk! .35 - .4% bunk!

cwiggins
#13 Posted : 8/1/2007 1:14:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:ff613265ea="Noman"][quote:ff613265ea="vroom"]Not like a person can look up in consumer reports who's the best to order from. Smile Someone should write them! lol[/quote:ff613265ea] That's what we need to be. For instance - BBB High Quality Inner Root Bark is bunk! .35 - .4% bunk![/quote:ff613265ea] Exactly Noman! Where was this pre-powdered MHRB acquired Spiritualexplorer?

Seven
#14 Posted : 8/1/2007 4:03:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could anyone let me know of good quality mhrb provider? my first bath was from bbb and it wasnt the higher quality, just the regular.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

zero
#15 Posted : 8/1/2007 6:25:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say, without a doubt, you have low quality bark. Discussing sources is frowned upon here but there are a few vendors right now with amazing MHRB that produces AMAZING spice. It is rumored that Mexican bark is top quality right now, but its all about finding a trusted vendor really. Maybe someone will be kind enough to relinquish a special vendor to you.

habib
#16 Posted : 8/2/2007 5:32:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:5fa029640e="Noman"][quote:5fa029640e="vroom"]Not like a person can look up in consumer reports who's the best to order from. Smile Someone should write them! lol[/quote:5fa029640e] That's what we need to be. For instance - BBB High Quality Inner Root Bark is bunk! .35 - .4% bunk![/quote:5fa029640e] Noman- Are those numbers after re-x? I only ask because my beetle succeeded in extracting .7 from BBB inner bark (using your tek) but that number is BEFORE re-x. And the shit sent him to the other side without a doubt. I know people have been coming down on BBB, but I just don't think they are that terrible. I've got no reason to defend them, but .7 per 100g seems like an ok number, unless we're talking about post recrystalization, when that number will be smaller. Mind you I am a noob and have had said stupid shit in the past....so correct me if i'm wrong cheers

zero
#17 Posted : 8/2/2007 5:47:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just like to add this... when most people speak of quality bark, it seems they reference the yield of the extraction. Though I understand that this does vary upon the quality of the bark, I don't think it's the main concern. I feel the concern is in the QUALITY of the spice yielded. Anyone who has been around in this "community" for a significant amount of time will know what I'm talking about. It would be MUCH MORE DESIRABLE, to me, to have 1g of super heady spice than 5g of some of the bland, colorless, shrouded, un-worldshattering crap that some bark STILL yields. Give me QUALITY. Give me HYPERSPACE. Shatter my fragile existence please. Show me how the universe is about as stable as a house of toothpicks and make me wonder how it hasn't already toppled. Remind me that the human-angel hasnt been crawling the earth for very long. Excuse my rant... it's my homecoming.

habib
#18 Posted : 8/2/2007 5:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:12a9a71ce5="zero"] Give me QUALITY. Give me HYPERSPACE. Shatter my fragile existence please. Show me how the universe is about as stable as a house of toothpicks and make me wonder how it hasn't already toppled. Remind me that the human-angels hasnt been crawling the earth for very long. Excuse my rant... it's my homecoming.[/quote:12a9a71ce5] Very happy Twisted Evil Very happy i love it.

Simba
#19 Posted : 8/2/2007 6:16:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No wonder my batch was bunk, I used BBB. Now I'm looking for a quality provider

Seven
#20 Posted : 8/2/2007 6:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:c4abd1b967="Simba"]No wonder my batch was bunk, I used BBB. Now I'm looking for a quality provider[/quote:c4abd1b967] I got some mhrb from bbb too, im wondering if i should even bother trying to extract from 30g's. any thoughts would be helpful
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

12NEXT