We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Split Art/Music/Literature Options

JourneyToJah
#1 Posted : 11/12/2012 8:42:32 PM

Free Spirit

I would like to suggest to split these into different subforums.

It makes easier to access and I think there could be more on each theme that would deserve their own subforum.

Also, I was thinking of some contests on the art section ( i.e. Picture of the month/week )

Bless.
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

daedaloops
#2 Posted : 11/12/2012 10:59:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool idea, I guess it would be more organized that way.. Can't think of any bad sides to it..

JourneyToJah wrote:
Also, I was thinking of some contests on the art section ( i.e. Picture of the month/week )

Hey thanks that reminds me , a few months ago I was gonna start a biweekly drawing thread to get more people to draw, but then the frontpage project came up and i completely forgot about it.. but it would have worked like first the OP suggests a subject and then after 2 weeks he picks the winner and then the winner gets to choose the new subject and pick the next winner, and so on.. So not really a contest but more like a way to keep it rolling. And the subjects would have to be kinda abstract so that there's alot of room for imagination, like "anti-matter making love to matter" or something lol.. I guess i should just make it and see if it gets enough participation ..

JourneyToJah
#3 Posted : 11/13/2012 2:27:16 PM

Free Spirit

daedaloops wrote:
Cool idea, I guess it would be more organized that way.. Can't think of any bad sides to it..

JourneyToJah wrote:

Hey thanks that reminds me , a few months ago I was gonna start a biweekly drawing thread to get more people to draw, but then the frontpage project came up and i completely forgot about it.. but it would have worked like first the OP suggests a subject and then after 2 weeks he picks the winner and then the winner gets to choose the new subject and pick the next winner, and so on.. So not really a contest but more like a way to keep it rolling. And the subjects would have to be kinda abstract so that there's alot of room for imagination, like "anti-matter making love to matter" or something lol.. I guess i should just make it and see if it gets enough participation ..

Nice idea !

Well, I offer to mod the art or music forum ( even both ) if there is a need for new mods for these subforums.

This way we can get more people into getting creative, being it music, art or literature - we can make some constructive contests.

What do you guys think?

Bless. Thumbs up
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff