We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
best indoor DMT bearing plants? Options

spinCycle
#1 Posted : 11/12/2012 7:40:50 PM

Life is Art is Life

What would be your choice for a DMT bearing plant that would be suitable for the average indoor grower with limited space? No full size greenhouse required, no large trees that would have to be planted directly in the earth, etc. Small grow tents, cabinets, etc are OK.

I am thinking of the following requirements:

Does not require a massive amount of room. Lets stick to plants that can be successfully raised and usable materials harvested from container grows, perhaps 5 gallon bucket size or smaller. Think in terms of a size that could be reasonably moved from one location to another by one person.

Does not require an extreme environment. Reasonable accommodations are expected for the indoor gardener, but let's leave out plants that absolutely cannot drop out of tropical temperatures or that would require a massive amount of electricity over its lifetime to maintain a sealed grow space. Relatively low lighting and wide temperature requirements are both a plus.

Can be harvested within a reasonable amount of time, measured in years rather than decades.

Would be best if it can be sustainably harvested, that is usable materials could be harvested without killing the plant. If not it should at least be a plant that can be easily started again from seed or cuttings.

Create a relatively large amount of yield from a relatively small growing space. Along these lines, could the plant work well with propagation through cloning from a mother plant, Screen of Green and similar growing techniques, especially if the desired materials are in the leaves?

What would you grow?
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Frusciante
#2 Posted : 11/12/2012 7:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Afaik most of the trees can even be kept at a size that can be brought in and kept alive during the winter or grown with artificial light. Some Acacia might even survive in a pot outside during winter in your area. Desmanthus can stand some pretty low temps. Chacruna will grow well indoors and also can be kept small or can obtain a substantial size. I would try and not think of it as such a big project and plant some seeds and start small with a humidity dome a light, maybe a germination mat. All that would cost 100 bucks at most and would get you started. Grow a few plants and find out what would best suite you.

You could harvest from any of them without killing them.

Yields are easy to find around the nexus but youll never be certian until you have something grown to research.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 11/12/2012 8:33:27 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Those are some pretty hefty requirements you are laying down, I don't know if there is any one plant that will fit all of those requirements, you may have to pick and choose a bit on that front.

You can grow acacia trees indoors and harvest the phylodes, this IMO is the best bet currently. You can get a high yielding strain and harvest the phylodes and keep it cut back to fit inside, collecting the trimmings for extraction. The downsides to this are acacia trees take years to get to mature size and they are trees so they will take a good amount of space.

There are the phalaris grasses which grow extremely fast and you can yield a good amount of biomass in a relatively small space, but all the kinks are not worked out quite yet, and the yields are very low.

The desmanthus species are pretty cold hardy, but don't have great yields and afaik require killing the plant to harvest the roots, thus are not as sustainable as other sources.

I'm thinking what may fit your requirements best would be psychotria alba; small bushy plant, can be cloned from a mother, relatively fast growing, would likely perform excellent all year round in a hydro/aquaponics system with supplemental lighting, but the yields are not very high and you'd need to grow quite a lot of them to maintain a constant sustainable supply.

Those seem to be the ones with the most research and most promise right now. There are many others out there worth investigating; delosperma sp., lespedeza sp., desmoduim sp., petalostylis cassioides, etc... etc... etc... but the information is sparse and a lot more research needs to be done on how viable they would be as cultivated sustainable sources.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/12/2012 9:03:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

might as well just grow mushrooms. Good luck finding something to grow indoor under those circumstances..maybe some phalaris grass or alba. The acacia's are trees..mimosa is a tree..many need some light source etc..if you think you will just stick these things in some shady corner and they will produce enough DMT for you to use I think you will be dissapointed. Build a light system and dedicate some space to them then sure..
Long live the unwoke.

pinkoyd
#5 Posted : 12/5/2012 4:02:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I'd go for alba too, but be aware that it is apparently not always a good producer. Some individuals seem to be inactive, so a little testing would be required.

P. viridis can be done indoors as well. I find it has higher heat and humidity but lower light requirements than alba. And it's a slower grower, but on a per leaf basis you reliably get more bang for the buck. It tends to grow more compactly than alba too.
I already asked Alice.