We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
DMT and weed for a bad time Options

PsyGoblin
#1 Posted : 11/12/2012 5:50:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Friday night, a buddy and I dropped a couple hits of acid each. Great trip, had a couple friends there who weren't tripping talking with us and had a lot of fun and great laughs.

After everyone else went to bed, our peak was fading, so we decided to smoke some weed.... out of our DMT pipe. We knew that there would be a good blast of DMT oxides in there, it was actually part of the plan Wink . The problem ended up being, the amount of weed I smoked getting a good haul of DMT, and I don't often smoke pot.

The DMT high was great. Got absorbed into the visualizations we had going with our music on the laptop for a few minutes. The problem was, when I came back, I was so dam stoned on weed that things took a turn for the worse.

Time seemed to be at a complete stand still, I felt as though I was sitting in the same room, in an alternate reality. After a while, and talking to my buddy a bit, I realized that I was actually in this room. Something still wasn't right, I still couldn't feel time and by now, the paranoia from the pot was really starting to take hold.

The thought went through my head that I had died. Luckily, I had the mental capacity to hold my shit together and sort through it. Having someone else with a fair amount of psychedelic experience with me helped quite a bit as well. The thoughts that I was dead did not go away, but I managed to stay calm and eventually lay down and go to sleep.

This was all so intense, when I awoke on the couch downstairs in the morning, I honestly expected to be sitting on the upstairs couch, still next to my buddy, holding the pipe and lighter. It definitely made me happy to be alive and I awoke with a bit more appreciation for life.

Never again will I mix DMT and large amounts of pot.... ever. Pleased

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 11/12/2012 6:11:53 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

PsyGoblin,

Thank you for sharing that experience. Wow, that sounds like a very very intense night for you folks.

I'm glad you held it together when you thought you were dead - that can be very disconcerting to say the least. I'm also glad you awoke with an awakened appreciation for life - ego deaths can do that to people.

I am one of the most infamous pot fiends here at the Nexus. Longterm chronic is the only way to put it. I use it both medicinally and recreationally, daily, as I have for decades.

I must agree, at least for me personally, that pot and DMT don't mix and make for a rather heavy trip. I finally quit mixing them myself - stopped making a type of cannabis changa. Also stopped smoking pot before blasting off and ensuring it had been hours since the last smoke to ensure I am baseline before attempting to launch with DMT. I sometimes like to smoke a bit of pot during the comedown but typically I wait until the DMT is gone and I feel baselined . . .

Thanks again for posting. I hope your next smoke of pot is pleasant and relaxing and that your next DMT blast go smoothly, even though you won't be mixing any more.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

PsyGoblin
#3 Posted : 11/13/2012 3:25:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:

I'm glad you held it together when you thought you were dead - that can be very disconcerting to say the least. I'm also glad you awoke with an awakened appreciation for life - ego deaths can do that to people.

I've found that through concentration and focus during the trip and reflection after the trip, I have become quite good at taking something positive out of hard trips. Maybe it's from practice, maybe I'm just lucky, but I hope I can keep it up Smile

Thanks for the reply and sharing your thoughts,

Happy Travels Smile

SmoovPnCali
#4 Posted : 11/13/2012 5:32:38 AM

Reality is a matter of perspective...

PsyGoblin,

LOVE your Avatar. I once got some Cannabis Ice Cream Sandwiches (called Big Fatties) and ate one with my girlfriend. Spent the rest of the evening stoned out of my mind and having to try to calm my girlfriend down cuz she thought she was dying when she started to fall asleep. She would start to doze off and suddenly start screaming that she was going to die. Really funny at first... quickly lost it's humor after 15 minutes.

Glad you made it out of your experience with a good lesson under your belt.

Safe journeys!

Crazyhorse
#5 Posted : 11/13/2012 6:02:13 AM

Wide eyed and hopeful

I had a somewhat similar experience last newyears combining a stupidly large amount of THC (via edibles and an alcohol tincture) with a high dose of mushrooms. Prior to that, I was an all day every day kind of smoker for about 25 years... but that trip basically turned things around and got me to quit. It didn't happen overnight (took about 6 months of gradual tapering off and a few more reminders from the mushrooms) but the effects on my life have been extremely positive.
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

MooshyPeaches
#6 Posted : 11/13/2012 2:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thc and dmt have always been a bad combo for me even if i smoke weed a hour or two before the dmt session, being burn't out takes away from the focus of a hyperspace trip. great learning experience though

PsyGoblin
#7 Posted : 11/14/2012 1:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SmoovPnCali wrote:

LOVE your Avatar.

Thanks, I've always loved fairy artwork and lore, esp from the Froud family Smile

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences. I've always found THC to be the most intense drug for me in ways. If I smoke too much, I get extremely paranoid. Small amounts are usually ok, however, esp during the afterglow of a good acid trip Smile very enjoyable for me.

AfroHorror
#8 Posted : 1/25/2013 5:08:46 AM

Paradox Entity

I just had a horrible experience with the two. Extreme short term memory loss, i would instantly forget how i accomplished certain movements as if my mind was skipping frames, and i would forget my words almost as i said them.
I felt so dumb it was painful and it hurts to say that. I think my brain was actually suffocating.
The Code Was Written In Blood
When the People Fear the Government there is Tyranny, When the Government Fears the People there is Liberty Thomas Jefferson
I AM THE HARDEST AND THE SOFTEST, WE ARE ONE.

jamie
#9 Posted : 1/25/2013 5:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

too much cannabis its already something I highly dislike on it's own..not to mention when any seratonergic psychedelic is added to the mix.

Long live the unwoke.

infinitynlove
#10 Posted : 1/25/2013 5:50:43 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Yep to much cannabis isnt fun!

in the uk there is a slag term for getting to stoned its called a "whitey"

probably because you go white and get the spins and feel sick, i believe your blood pressure drops a bit when on a whitey

not fun to say the least

peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

powerup
#11 Posted : 1/25/2013 7:29:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have limited experience with DMT, but so far it has played nice with weed. I don't enjoy being stoned but it didn't send me to a bad place ether.

However, I once mixed HTC with LSD for a very bad ride. The acid was coming on so slowly that I became convinced that I got a dud. I then decided a boost from THC infused alcohol spritzer would be a good thing. So wrong. The result was a panic attack that had me nailed to my bed with a pounding heart for several hours.

Very interesting thoughts on life and death, though. Sometimes mixing chems can be synergistic, but getting it wrong sucks so bad. lol Err on the side of caution when dosing THC edibles and extracts.

infinitynlove
#12 Posted : 1/25/2013 7:44:50 AM

Mushroom Explorer

powerup wrote:
I have limited experience with DMT, but so far it has played nice with weed. I don't enjoy being stoned but it didn't send me to a bad place ether.

However, I once mixed HTC with LSD for a very bad ride. The acid was coming on so slowly that I became convinced that I got a dud. I then decided a boost from THC infused alcohol spritzer would be a good thing. So wrong. The result was a panic attack that had me nailed to my bed with a pounding heart for several hours.

Very interesting thoughts on life and death, though. Sometimes mixing chems can be synergistic, but getting it wrong sucks so bad. lol Err on the side of caution when dosing THC edibles and extracts.

Agreed!
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Parshvik Chintan
#13 Posted : 1/25/2013 8:24:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:
Yep to much cannabis isnt fun!

agree to disagree Laughing
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

infinitynlove
#14 Posted : 1/25/2013 8:37:53 AM

Mushroom Explorer

I guess you gota have the tolerance, A good joint or average bowl is all I can handle these days!

getting to much for me in my old age ha!

Parshvik Chintan
#15 Posted : 1/25/2013 8:51:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:
I guess you gota have the tolerance, A good joint or average bowl is all I can handle these days!

nonsense. tolerance is my worst enemy (seriously, it wants me to wait a whole week before i can go in truly deep).

its all personal preference, in the end.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Desire Meaningful Truth
#16 Posted : 1/25/2013 11:34:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a case of Zombimitri.

universecannon
#17 Posted : 1/25/2013 1:08:54 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yea weed can do that, it's always a gamble mixing it with LSD or mushrooms for me. Dmt to, however if I smoke it while I'm already on dmt then it's great for some reason.. As if some barrier of anxiety has already been overcome

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Alex101
#18 Posted : 1/25/2013 3:57:16 PM

Juice Man

Surprised that someone who can handle a DMT trip will find it difficult on the pot stage. I don't gel with pot at all.

AllIsDistraction
#19 Posted : 1/25/2013 4:36:38 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

It's so interesting how everyone reacts differently to the pot/DMT combo. Personally, the farthest I have ever gotten withe DMT and the most pleasurable experiences with it have come from that particular combo.

In fact, my friend and I got so frustrated trying to vape the freebase DMT that we coined the term "DMJ" as our preferred method of ingestion. One mid-size joint composed of the highest quality bud we can get our mitts on, sprinkled with the pre-measured dose we wish to consume. We SLOWLY take our drags and let the fire vaporize what DMT is in the joint, hold it in for as long as we can, exhale and restart.

Typically by the third (or rarely fourth) toke we are GONE... and loving every minute of it.
Learning to know that I do not know.

Rifle
#20 Posted : 1/30/2013 9:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoa PsyGoblin, I had almost an exact same experience last night. I finally got some DMT-weed changa made and was excited to be back to that mix after a few weaks on a peppermint black tea-NMT/DMT changa. It started out like my previous experience of putting crystal on a bowl of weed and I enjoyed it a lot so I loaded another bowl of it to keep it going. I almost got to the nice "ego leaving the head euphoria" place I usually get, but then I was like "huh, I don't need my body I should kill it" which didn't upset me (i'm a bit physically disabled) but then i was like "gosh, this is gonna look bad to an outsider" and "wait, my brain is in my body" and my thoughts got all jumbled up and then I felt exactly like you said: Time seemed to be at a complete stand still, I felt as though I was sitting in the same room, in an alternate reality. I was generally ok with it though. But also I didn't understand why the DMT was lasting so long and thought "crazy time dilation? maybe I'm gonna be all weird for a few days? integration issue?" it eventually dawned on me I was probably high from the amount of weed I smoked due to double dipping so I checked the time and it had indeed been awhile and I was just in a super weird DMT comedown while stoned state. Much prefer coming down sober. Once again it's back to the changa drawing board. I forgot to consider the fact that if I tried to keep a session going I'd eventually get high. Gosh, I'm gonna end up w/ so much spice in less than ideal forms.
She's real. She's got red lips.

123NEXT