We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Acacia Mearnsii Options

wage.
#1 Posted : 11/9/2012 7:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently identified Acacia Mearnsii throughout my local area. I found one that had been uprooted by another tree during a storm, I harvested as many different parts as I could.

As for some extra info on the tree I harvested, it flowered during the night before.

Today I prepared 150g of undried Acacia Mearnsii bark and placed it into a HDPE container. I filled it with boiling water until there was 2cm+ of water above the Bark.

I added an unknown amount of Hydrochloric Acid to lower the PH and then lit it sit for around 45 minutes.

I weighed up 50g of Sodium Hydroxide and proceeded to add it to the mixture slowly, by around 35g the liquid had started to turn brown-black and by 50g I was satisfied with the colour.

After letting the liquid cool down I added 50ml of Shellite, pressing inwards against the container and then screwing on the cap allowed me to work with pressure build up.

After letting the liquid sit for 2 minutes I siphoned up a good amount of Yellow "Urine" coloured Shellite.

- Here's a picture of the liquid before Freeze Precipitation

- I'm 3-4 hours into Freeze Precipitation at the moment and the liquid's turned a milky white colour, I can also notice a cloud moving around if I shake the shot glass.

I'll bump this thread when I finish Freeze Precipitation.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

VoidTraveler
#2 Posted : 11/9/2012 8:00:44 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Great work WAGE!
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

nen888
#3 Posted : 11/9/2012 8:15:07 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hmm..is looking potentially good..thank you for your work so far..Smile

wage.
#4 Posted : 11/9/2012 8:31:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just finished the second pull then. Instead of Freeze Precipitating I decided to try evaporating the liquid in a Pyrex Dish.

Here's a photo of the second pull's yield, 100-110mg.

It smells extremely pungent. The odour is a mix of "Fruity" "Floral" "Tinges of Op Shop/Old People"

I'll update about the first pull that's currently Freeze Precipitating tomorrow.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

nen888
#5 Posted : 11/9/2012 8:40:38 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..maybe good to redissolve in solvent, 'wash' solvent with water plus a teaspoon of basifying medium, re-sep, and re-X..to get rid of any extra gunk..btw, that smell is usually 'fine' IUKWIM Smile ..

AvidGardener
#6 Posted : 11/9/2012 9:09:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice work Wage. Trailblazin on a little experimented on Acacia. I appreciate your work, hopefully it will inspire more people to go out on a limb and experiment with new plants Pleased I agree with nen, a clean up might do it some good.
Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.- Cheshire Cat

Every adventure requires a first step. Trite, but true, even here.

WarriorSage
#7 Posted : 11/9/2012 11:16:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking good!
The Warrior’s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

shanedudddy2
#8 Posted : 11/11/2012 1:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very keen to see an update, every extraction I have tried so far has resulted in nothing.
It is getting a bit depressing, but I will get there in the end. Smile
I will try an Acacia Mearnsii and see if I have any similar luck.
Just a quick question, you didn't simmer and perform multiple extractions and combinations of decanted liquid?
I have read that 3 simmers is optimal, or is this simply to maximise alkaloid extraction, and a simple 45 minute bath in acidic water without heat is sufficient to identify if a plant is worthwhile? This would help me out heaps, nothing worse than doing 3 simmers to find nothing but than a few mg of inactive yellow goo. Thanks.

nen888
#9 Posted : 11/12/2012 4:40:23 AM
member for the trees

..hey..how'd you go WAGE..? was looking very promising indeed..

wage.
#10 Posted : 11/17/2012 6:53:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm back with some good and bad news.

I freeze precipitated for 24 hours until there were some visible crystals formed. I decided instead of continuing the Freeze Precip to do an Evaporation on a Pyrex Dish.

I scraped up a similar amount of wax and let the 2 batches dry out for the next day. They both stunk of DMT.

I tried smoking out of a bong multiple times, tasted something Tryptamine but didn't feel any effects.

I'm going to finish up by saying that this tree should still be looked into more and that season or maturity could play a role in content.

phyllode
#11 Posted : 11/17/2012 7:08:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a bit like extracts from other species when flowering. Not as active.
Oh well, Nen was excited maybe mearnsii was different. But it IS a top species to look at.
After seeding might be good. Thank you WAGE.Smile

mn1k
#12 Posted : 1/28/2013 2:13:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim found this acacia in his area, he has compare it with some google images and seems to be acacia mearnsii but cant tell for sure ,he has alrdy extracted from MHRB in the past.How safe is it to test this extraction?

acacian
#13 Posted : 1/28/2013 11:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mn1k.. it looks like you have a Paraserianthes Lophantha in your photo there

as far as I know hasn't been tested

mn1k
#14 Posted : 1/29/2013 12:26:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah it is thnx ,i just noticed, any1 else has any info on Paraserianthes lophantha containing any dmt tho?

acacian
#15 Posted : 1/29/2013 12:30:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mayeb you could do an extraction and get back to us Smile

SKA
#16 Posted : 2/1/2013 11:27:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice extract WAGE. It came from Acacia Mearnsii's trunk bark?

Seems the spice crystals are mixed with plenty of oils & tannins.(In the last pic)
Guess a little cleanup would be in order, but I suppose it should be possible to
get activity from smoking/vapping this crude extract.

Have you smoked/vapped any of it allready?
I've seen several identifications, extractions & chemical analysises of plants
romoured to contain worthwhile amounts of DMT, but sofar none of them have been
complete. I guess a proper analysis would include:
-Plant species ID
-Extract from DMT-richest plant parts.
-Chemical analysis of extract.
-Testing the extract to for psychoactivity.(smoking, Evaporating & Changa)

Mostly it has been the testing of the substance that has been lacking from plant-analysis threads
sofar. I would like you to go Shulgin on this and test your extract's psychoactivity.

nen888
#17 Posted : 2/1/2013 1:32:24 PM
member for the trees

..i'm kind of curious if there's follow up here..

also, depending on smoking technique, the effects of tryptamines can be milder..
e.g. 20mg dmt inhaled inefficiently and not held in can result in minimal effects..in a GVG is another matter..

wage.
#18 Posted : 2/1/2013 1:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried smoking some of the extract mixed in 50:50 with some Cannabis using a bong, but I didn't feel anything from it.

I wasn't using the best technique to extract back then so I'm guessing it was fairly contaminated.

Acacia Mearnsii should still be looked into because of how abundant it is.

One other thing to mention is that that the bark in the extraction was green, it seems to go brown/black after a certain age. I have seen mature Acacia Mearnsii with green bark though.

SKA
#19 Posted : 2/1/2013 2:31:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I suppose if you had allowed the piece(s) of Acacia Mearnsii bark to dry, before extracting the alkaloids
from it , the products may have been significantly cleaner. Allowing bark to dry in a warm, dry & dark
place should evaporate alot of water & oils present in the bark.

This A.Mearnsii specimen, from which you harvested the green bark... Is it a lonely tree?
Or is it surrounded by other A.Mearnsii trees? Here's an idea for a follow up study:

Find other A.Mearnsii specimens that grow in slightly different conditions:
-Collect material from an A.Mearnsii tree growing in full sunlight.
-Collect material from an A.Mearnsii tree growing in partial shade.
-" " in full shade.
-" " in very dry, well drained soil.
-" " in somewhat moist, earthy soil.
-" " alone, far away from others of it's kind.
-" " together, in a population of others of it's kind.

Then you could collect different plant parts for each tree: Trunk bark, Root bark, Leaves/Phyllodes, Flowers & Seeds.
You would probably do good to write down details of the conditions during harvest. Details like: Time of harvest, Temperature, sunlight levels, air-Humidity & soil-humidity(near roots)

You could then do this research 1once every month for an entire year. This could reveal if any particulair month/season is more desirable for harvesting in terms of spice-levels being highest.

If only I lived down under. I'd jump on my bicycle everyday. With a thermally insulated box on the back
I'd cruise all through the bush everyday in search of spicey Acacias. A patch of land there starts looking more
and more appealing to me every day.

nen888
#20 Posted : 2/1/2013 2:45:13 PM
member for the trees

i like your attitude SKASmile

WAGE..the positive result i know of had dark fissured bark..this is one way, when it's not flowering, that i know it's mearnsii..it can have green smoother bark when younger, but green bark is characteristic of A. decurrens and sometimes A. dealbata ( both species no claims of alkaloids)
these three are among the hardest acacias for most people to tell apart..

also note there are paler, cream flowered forms of A. mearnsii, as well as yellow..

only with fine examination of pinnae and rachis can these species be conclusively told apart from eachother..

to aid researchers i've attached below images of:

i) A. dealbata
ii) A. decurrens
iii) A. mearnsii yellow
iv) A. mearnsii blanco
nen888 attached the following image(s):
dealbata.jpg (34kb) downloaded 353 time(s).
decurrens.jpg (39kb) downloaded 342 time(s).
acacia_mearnsii_B.jpg (59kb) downloaded 228 time(s).
acacia-mearnsii.jpg (88kb) downloaded 227 time(s).

12NEXT