We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
I may be going to Jail tomorrow morning. Options

Korey
#41 Posted : 11/14/2012 6:50:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck man, hopefully your probation officer gives you a recommendation for probation reinstatement, the judge will usually trust and abide by her recommendations.

I violated my probation twice the past two years, the first one landed me in jail for ten days and the second over 100, if this is your first time I really don't see them revoking your probation.

Hope it all works out well Smile

edit: just read that all is well, sweet Smile
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hostilis
#42 Posted : 3/27/2013 8:24:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE!!

I drank on my 21st birthday. I shouldn't have, but I did. I had a drug test shortly after.

I now have to spend 89 days in jail.

I am waiting for the court date. It is for sure about the jail time though.

Mad Surprised Crying or very sad Thumbs down Sad Sick

Luckily I will have work release. Which isn't bad, but it will cost me 2225 to do it that way. I will be finally done with all of this afterwards too. I am looking forward to this and to move on with my life.

This way I will not loose my job or anything. I will be living in a tent, and I will also get 4 hours at home a week. Surprised

Random Nexian wrote:
What!?!?! You are in jail but you go to work, live in a tent, and get to go home??!?

Yes! Bahahaha. What a joke. All for profits and keeping a tight lock on the population and their minds.

All because a bag of mushrooms!! !@$# the system!!!

hostilis
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Valura
#43 Posted : 3/27/2013 1:42:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But alcohol is legal when you're 21, isn't it?

I hope somehow you get lucky and you don't have to spend that time... but in case you do, good luck, love & support. Crying or very sad

Enoon
#44 Posted : 3/27/2013 7:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I hope you don't get too cold in your tent!

My friend, I am very sorry that you have to face this kind of thing. It's a mad and sad world where we are prosecuted for learning about ourselves and exploring the universe. Be strong!

and yeah, isn't alcohol legal when you're 21?
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

obliguhl
#45 Posted : 3/27/2013 7:47:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't get the tent part. I thought you'd have to go to prison, or are there now prison tents Laughing

Well, it's no laughing matter actually and i apologize. Hope this experience won't damage you much and there will be a (virtual) party waiting for you when you get out Thumbs up

universecannon
#46 Posted : 3/27/2013 7:48:43 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yes its legal, but sadly it doesn't matter. drug tests, especially probation ones, don't care if your not under age. it still violates probation

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Enoon
#47 Posted : 3/27/2013 8:28:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

so if you're on probation you are not even allowed to drink, even though it's legal? strange world
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Poekus
#48 Posted : 3/27/2013 8:37:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hostilis wrote:

I drank on my 21st birthday. I shouldn't have, but I did. I had a drug test shortly after.

I now have to spend 89 days in jail.

hostilis

Getting all this trouble for eating mushrooms is really unfair but getting 89 days in jail for this is a perfect example of a rotten jail system that runs on profit. Man I really feel sorry for you. Keep strong in this time of injustice!

hostilis
#49 Posted : 3/28/2013 1:06:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
so if you're on probation you are not even allowed to drink, even though it's legal? strange world

Yes Enoon. I didn't check with her first. I am not allowed to have ANY mind altering substances. Except cigarettes of coarse. Oh, and all of the OTC drugs... Whatever. LOL.

I will be done with all of this afterwards. Yay!!

The work release center is a giant dome tent with no walls or anything. There is a TV, a microwave, and washing machines. I will bring my own hygene products and books. I will go to work and set up a day to go home for 4 hours once a week.

So, when I go home, I will be able to come say hi. Very happy I'll let everyone know how it is going.

So another update: The warrant is out. I have to go and bail myself out (1000 dollar bail) and wait for court.
My probation officer said that she will be in court recommending jail time for the remainder of my probation sentence (90 days.) Then I will be done. For good this time. I am not gonna smoke bud. I am not gonna drink in public. I am not gonna drive with any illegal substances. I am not going through this again. It sucks.

Never get on probation! Be careful everyone!!

My grafting guide

obliguhl
#50 Posted : 3/28/2013 7:39:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just do everything in private and be very careful? Why let them change you in such a drastic way? Can you really live with yourself after giving in to their stupidity ? I mean, i certainly understand how you'd want to comply, but still....

hostilis
#51 Posted : 3/28/2013 8:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Just do everything in private and be very careful? Why let them change you in such a drastic way? Can you really live with yourself after giving in to their stupidity ? I mean, i certainly understand how you'd want to comply, but still....

I am not letting them change me. For one, I do not use cannabis at all. I do not enjoy it. Second, I don't really even like drinking. Third, I cannot go through this again. Why put myself in the position to go through this bullshit. It is the only thing I can do to prevent this. By not carrying illegal substances.

I do not want to ever smoke cannabis anyways regardless of this. I may in the future, but not everyday like I used to. It made me unmotivated and lazy. So, if you were to know me well, you'd know that the things I stated are not a dramatic change from the way I already am.

I can't screw up the rest of my life by running from this. I thought it over a lot, and maybe this will be good for me. It will give me time to think about my life. It will give me time to learn more about mechanics (which is what i'm thinking of doing for a living.)

My grafting guide

hostilis
#52 Posted : 3/28/2013 8:37:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to say that I will bring mushrooms to the forest with me again, but it is really scary to think of this happening again. I don't know if you've been through anything like this, but it sucks.

90 days of my life in jail. Why should I risk this again. I know I do not deserve this and that what I do isn't wrong. It just sucks. I see where you are coming from though... I really cannot start off my life properly with situations like this hanging over my head and being attached to my name.

My grafting guide

hostilis
#53 Posted : 4/13/2013 6:07:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I had court today. I will have court and will be going to jail (99.9999% sure) on may 2nd. I will be in there 88 days.

Fun fun!

My grafting guide

pandelis
#54 Posted : 4/13/2013 3:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heads up. try to stick to your tent/work/freetime theory of before. don't let them make you afraid. fear is a liar.
be strong!

hostilis
#55 Posted : 4/15/2013 11:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pandelis wrote:
heads up. try to stick to your tent/work/freetime theory of before. don't let them make you afraid. fear is a liar.
be strong!

Thank you my friend.

My grafting guide

hostilis
#56 Posted : 5/2/2013 8:58:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I'm not on tomorrow then I'm in jail.

I love all of you! Thanks for the support.

My grafting guide

DeMenTed
#57 Posted : 5/2/2013 9:10:41 AM

Barry

Good luck Hostilis! Thinking of you bro

Hyperspace Fool
#58 Posted : 5/2/2013 9:58:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hostilis wrote:
It is the only thing I can do to prevent this. By not carrying illegal substances.

Well... not quite. You could move.

Go somewhere where your lifestyle and core beliefs are accepted or at least tolerated.

I remember the days when gays and lesbians had to move to somewhere like San Francisco to avoid persecution, gay bashing and ridicule. This is by and large finished, or in its last dying throes as proven by the non-issue of the NBA star coming out and how quickly gay marriage has become accepted.

"Drug" use will eventually follow a similar course of gradual and then exponential acceptance. You are rather young, but many of us have been dealing with the Drug War for multiples of your current age. We have come a ways since the bad old days, but as long as we cower and let them oppress us, we just keep our day of freedom that much further down the road.

Believe me. There will come a day when stories such as yours will seem as unbelievable as Jim Crow seems to us today.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Nitegazer
#59 Posted : 5/2/2013 12:51:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hostilis,

My heart goes out to you. You have a community here that supports you and will be here for you when you get through this.

Thank you for posting your personal circumstance. It may help some other folks here avoid some of the pain that you have had.

I have known a couple people on probation who ended up in jail. In each case, a big factor was that they didn't take probation seriously enough. Since their outward exerience was mostly like before they were arrested, they mistakenly thought they had gotten past the risk of jail.

If anyone here ends up on probation, please follow your terms of probation without fail.

DeDao
#60 Posted : 5/2/2013 2:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will miss you Hostilis... We will all be waiting for you.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

PREV12345NEXT»