We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
The TOP 8 ACACIAS to Grow WORLDWIDE Options

nen888
#21 Posted : 12/14/2012 2:40:38 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..nice to hear from you basilic..Smile
i found some photos below of Acacia retinodes (Mimosa d'été ) Mimosa des quatre saisons growing in France..1 test in Germany in the early 90s found 0.5% alkaloid including DMT..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
a retinodes france 1.png (933kb) downloaded 694 time(s).
Acacia retinodes 2.jpg (59kb) downloaded 686 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#22 Posted : 12/16/2012 3:19:15 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i am almost ready to add a Tree Number 9 to the list..all that's really needed is a few more bioassays and tests..
and that is Acacia mucronata var. longifolia..native australia..it is already being grown in Germany, and seeds are available from horticultural suppliers..it contains tryptamines and harmalas..[endlessness/nen DMT-Nexus]..

here's a little on the Acacia Flower trade in Europe from http://acacia-world.net/index.php/europe/acacias-introduction-to-france/lecture-melbourne by German acacia expert Wolf-Achim Roland
Quote:
After the arrival of the train, flowers could be quickly transported from the Mediterranean coast to the big cities in Northern Europe. The cut flower trade started to take off after 1871. Farmers re-planted land with acacia trees, because of the high profit margins. New hybrids were cultivated, and trees were grafted onto stems of A. retinoides to better cope with the alkaline soil of the Cannes area. Different grafting methods are used: At first grafting by approachment, then chip bud grafting. There is also some success with cuttings.

Today the cultivated trees are nearly all hybrids between Acacia dealbata and Acacia baileyana. They are called Mirandole, Rustica, Gaulois etc.. There remain some plantations of A. retinoides var. Imperialis, the Mimosa of 4 Seasons.

The cultivars of Southern France have dark green leaves, which harmonise perfectly with the yellow flower. Harvest is between December to March. It is all very small family business with appr. 200 ha cultivated land. In 2002 the amount harvested was about 600.000 kg, shipped in 200.000 boxes a 3kg, with a turnover of about 3,0 Mio to 4,0 Mio Euros. Flowers are mainly exported to Northern Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Norway), the US, Canada and Japan.

The old method of forcing the flowers to open shortly before they go to the market is not much more in use. To increase durability of the cut flowers, special chemicals have been developed, which are added to the water during the forcing procedure or at the customers end.

In retail (Southern France) a bouquet sells for 3-4 Euro.
The farmers supplement their business by growing different Eucalyptus species as a component for floral displays.

The major enemies of the acacia in the region are
a) frost, which can go below -12 o C, killing trees
b) fires; The eucalyptus, planted between acacia trees, helps as a fire barrier.
c) land development .

Acacia Mission to Europe music (lyrics for Ukranians at 1:45)
..forgive me, it's the silly season..!
below are Acacia mucronata var. longifolia, and Acacia/Palms indoor growing in Germany..
mucronata 10.jpg (36kb) downloaded 680 time(s).
indoor 1.jpg (170kb) downloaded 682 time(s).

Shadowman-x
#23 Posted : 12/20/2012 5:36:04 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Well nen you have totally inspired me, this xmas im going to just ask my family for acacia seeds. Gosh i will feel like such a weirdo. It is snowing out here and will be probsbly until feb, so i will just hsve to keep them as indoor plants for now. But my hope is that someday there will be a nice property i can live on for five or more years that i can just plant them in the ground in a greenhouse or something... Laughing im about a year and a bit behind Jamie but im down to be a northwestern acacia grower,,, how big do ou think a tree would be before considering harvesting leaves for an aya brew?
I am also contemplating the legitimacy of growing some acacias and psychotria 'nexus ' hybrids and p,viridisrs and maybe just combining leaves and twigs/phyllodes for an ayahuasca brew,, hopefully something sustainvle in the next four yearsThumbs up
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Seldom
#24 Posted : 1/15/2013 8:30:56 AM

Wiradjuri

a. floribunda (taller 3) and a. adunca seedlings
Seldom attached the following image(s):
IMG_0980.jpg (63kb) downloaded 630 time(s).
IMG_0976.jpg (71kb) downloaded 626 time(s).

xantho
#25 Posted : 1/15/2013 11:49:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They are beautiful seldom Smile How old are they now?

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

Seldom
#26 Posted : 1/16/2013 7:28:03 AM

Wiradjuri

thanks Very happy i'm not entirely sure, they were bought as tube stock as they look just there.

i'd strongly encourage anyone who isn't confident in getting plants past the seedling stage to hit up local nurseries for similar plants

nen888
#27 Posted : 1/21/2013 10:05:56 AM
member for the trees

Shadowman-x wrote:
Well nen you have totally inspired me, this xmas im going to just ask my family for acacia seeds. Gosh i will feel like such a weirdo. It is snowing out here and will be probsbly until feb, so i will just hsve to keep them as indoor plants for now. But my hope is that someday there will be a nice property i can live on for five or more years that i can just plant them in the ground in a greenhouse or something... Laughing im about a year and a bit behind Jamie but im down to be a northwestern acacia grower,,, how big do ou think a tree would be before considering harvesting leaves for an aya brew?
I am also contemplating the legitimacy of growing some acacias and psychotria 'nexus ' hybrids and p,viridisrs and maybe just combining leaves and twigs/phyllodes for an ayahuasca brew,, hopefully something sustainvle in the next four yearsThumbs up
..awesome Shadowman-x!..you're inspiring me too!Very happy ..yes, 4 years should get to a degree of self sufficiency..once a tree has a few branches and is, say, more than 5ft tall it can start growing back phyllodes more easily..
and thanks also Seldom for the seedling pics..yes, nursery plants is a good way to start and get closer to a bigger tree more quickly..

below, aussie Acacia in Sardinia, Italy..not close up enough to ID, but looks very happy..Smile
Acacia -san-teodoro-acacia-tree-sardinia-italy.jpg (37kb) downloaded 585 time(s).

hug46
#28 Posted : 1/27/2013 2:38:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a small parcel of land that a like minded friend and i are clearing for vegetables, acacia and perhaps bees. I am thinking floribundia and/or accuminata and /or varieties that grow locally . My friend tells me there are acacias in the next valley which he will show me.
I am not too hot on tree ident, if i were to post pictures would it be best to wait for spring for easier identification?
Also my friend told me that the locals cut down trees when the moon is on the wain due to having less sap as it travels up and down the tree as the moon moves through its cycles. Could this affect alkaloid content? Is this common knowledge? Is it gumpf? I personally like this idea but i am not green fingered.
I am in southern France where the temperatures can reach -10 in winter.

nen888
#29 Posted : 1/29/2013 2:58:22 AM
member for the trees

..hey hug46..A. floribunda has been grown in France in 1803(!), and A. acuminata should also be able to tolerate down to minus-10, even minus12 degrees C..
interesting about the local lore of the moon and the sap..i'll ponder this more..there may be lunar alkaloidal cycles, but i'm not certain..
be lovely to see your pictures..Smile

hug46
#30 Posted : 2/1/2013 9:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply NEN
Here are some pics i took the other day, we are in the middle of winter here and my photographic skills are on a par with my plant identification.What do you think????????
hug46 attached the following image(s):
P29-01-13_16-54[1].jpg (511kb) downloaded 533 time(s).
P29-01-13_16-54[2].jpg (779kb) downloaded 536 time(s).
P29-01-13_16-54[3].jpg (646kb) downloaded 530 time(s).

nen888
#31 Posted : 2/2/2013 7:04:19 AM
member for the trees

^..from the pods i'd say it's A. retionodes (probably var. 'imperialis' ) ..
interesting how it looses phyllodes in the cold, like a deciduous tree..doesn't do this warmer climates..interesting adaptation..
very interesting, thanks hug46..

imPsimon
#32 Posted : 2/19/2013 1:07:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I look at listing of where the dmt has been found in the tree only a few seems
to be listed as having dmt in the leaves.
Is this because the leaves of other trees haven't been tested or is it because the
leaves dont contain any dmt?

nen888
#33 Posted : 2/19/2013 4:03:47 AM
member for the trees

..most high-yielding acacias have high bark and leaf (phyllode) content..in the case of this thread's list leaf is mentioned as it is a great advantage..i.e far more sustainable/regrowable for the tree..
there are a few of cases (or seasons) where there is more in leaf (phyllode) than bark..
incidentally, small twig and/or stem bark is the same content as trunk bark..the trunk is the least friendly part of a tree to harvest (branch die-back etc. ) other than the roots, which kills the tree outright..

changalvia
#34 Posted : 2/19/2013 7:39:43 AM

eat your jungle oats

For those of you wondering what may be growing in your area...

http://www.discoverlife....ree_genera_of_Madagascar

Very happy
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

nen888
#35 Posted : 2/19/2013 7:49:40 AM
member for the trees

^..hey thanks changalvia..nice find..wish i could find out what the spot in Russia is..doesn't come up when clicked..interesting...

changalvia
#36 Posted : 2/19/2013 8:44:23 AM

eat your jungle oats

That's odd? You click the name of the tree you want to find out about, and it shows more or less where it has been found (so it looks like).

I had a suspicion that A.Acuminata was growing here after I found something that looks like it in abundance, but thought it was only an australian species, although now after seeing this map I have high hopes that I have access to over 100 well established trees, I'll post up pics for ID'ing next time I go to that gorgeous forest Razz
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

basilic
#37 Posted : 2/19/2013 2:59:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The next spring i'll try to grow acacia maidenii and acacia simplex;i live in the west part of france: in an oceanic climate and hope it will work for the future.

SKA
#38 Posted : 2/21/2013 6:39:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seems like I should be going on a trip to Southern France soon. Smile
ID-ing Acacias and collecting their seeds. Early fall will probably
be the best time to do so I guess, Am I right?

However if the seedpod-bearing Acacias will be leaf & flower-less
it will be very hard to identify them. Maybe in early fall the
south of france may still be warm enough for Acacias to still
have their phyllodes & flowers (so I may identify them correctly)
& I might still be able to find plenty of seedpods on Acacias.

I might make a little Acacia ID pocketbook with pictures & everything
so I may have an easier time identifying the Acacias I encounter.

All these French Acacias growing outdoors have made me more confident
about trying to grow an Acacia indoors in my house. It may not take as
much trouble as I innitially thought. Thanks for the pics & information!

nen888
#39 Posted : 2/22/2013 1:53:38 AM
member for the trees

..gald you're feeling confident SKA..Smile

as mentioned earlier (i think) Acacia mucronata, grown in England, looses phyllodes and can be cut back to the base overwinter, happily regrowing in spring..
so, in colder than native climates acacias are adapting in ways not previously seen..

Hieronymous
#40 Posted : 3/12/2013 10:20:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome thread nen, this type of info could help take the pressure of the poor old Jurema. Thumbs up

It's taken me years to hunt down this sort of info scattered about the web and through word of mouth, it's good to see it neatly packaged in one thread.

I'd never heard much about neurophylla or never paid attention if I did, where's that face slap smiley when you want it. If anyone knows a vendor that sells neurophylla seed I'd love to know.

Is there any reason why obtusifolia didn't make the list ? I know there is some variability amongst the species but some of them are very good.

I can think of 1 other (threatened) species that could make the list, but we don't talk about that one for good reason.

PREV1234NEXT»