We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bundleflower hunting? Options

sekretweapon
#1 Posted : 11/2/2012 4:35:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Have you ever dug up a bush? It takes a lot of digging. Sucks.

Have you ever tried to get the inner root bark off roots? Sucks.

Yes you will get some productSmile

But, yes you will also wish to never do that again.

Has anyone given themselves to Acacia Confusa hunting?

Sounds substancially easier to work with a large tree than a little bush.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/2/2012 4:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well effort in = effort out.

Be happy you have the trees near you to work with. Some peoplw would be jumping for joy at the chance to be harvesting wild desmanthus. Be thankful for what you got.
Long live the unwoke.

sekretweapon
#3 Posted : 11/2/2012 4:59:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am in California.

I would be happy if they grew in California.

Its very tough (for americans) to dig up bushes.

Because if americans were better diggers we would be SET, because there is a lot of bundle flower out there but no one willing to have a go digging it up. And I can now understand why.

I mean, its out there for sure, but I have never heard of it being sold on the web or even collected for that matter. Which indicates to me that regardless of desire, we are not culturally inclined to do too much "dirty work".

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:04:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ahh it's al relative..w/e that even means.

I think most people are not out there digging up desmanthus because most people would rather just buy mimosa online, and so there is no incentive to go out there and dig it up..and the fact that people who never worked with it say that it is useless etc. The people I talk to who have worked with it though do not say this.

From what I have understood, it's not a walk in the park harvesting confusa bark either..or mimosa roots for that matter.
Long live the unwoke.

acacian
#5 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:14:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sekretweapon wrote:
I am in California.

I would be happy if they grew in California.

Its very tough (for americans) to dig up bushes.

Because if americans were better diggers we would be SET, because there is a lot of bundle flower out there but no one willing to have a go digging it up. And I can now understand why.

I mean, its out there for sure, but I have never heard of it being sold on the web or even collected for that matter. Which indicates to me that regardless of desire, we are not culturally inclined to do too much "dirty work".

don't see what the fuss is at all mate.. embrace the time you get bonding with teh plant. It will make your experiences more special. like jamie said you are very lucky to be able to wildharvest your dmt. that is much more special than buying a bag of bark.

Also you shouldn't need to use the rootbark.. try just picking the phyllodes off of various bushes... shouldnt have to rip out a whole bush that doesn't sound right at all to me. If theres dmt in the rootbark it'll be in the phyllodes in smaller amounts. all it takes is more phyllodes and if the tree is common enough where you live, then you should be able to pick phyllodes off lots of bushes without doing any harm. harvesting a sacred teacher plant should not be a chore.. it should be a joy!

jamie
#6 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:21:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

desmanthus does not have phyllodes..it is like mimosa..it has that sort of pinnate leaf structure even when mature..still though there should be some DMT in the leaf I would assume..just as with mimosa hostilis. I have read of someone having success with desmanthus leaf.
Long live the unwoke.

sekretweapon
#7 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:50:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You are both right on the philosophy,

But it comes down to practicality on the other side of the issue.

Acacian, I assume you are from Australia. Can you really just go out in to the outback and "go harvesting and its a joy"?

Are you guys that set up there in Australia?

acacian
#8 Posted : 11/2/2012 6:31:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
desmanthus does not have phyllodes..it is like mimosa..it has that sort of pinnate leaf structure even when mature..still though there should be some DMT in the leaf I would assume..just as with mimosa hostilis. I have read of someone having success with desmanthus leaf.

thanks for the correction jamie Smile .. i assumed that the pinnate leaves were also under the category of phyllodes as the mimosa and acacia are so closely related... and the juvenile acacia phyllodes are basically the same as mimosa's leaves. But you know what they say about assumptions...

sekretweapon, yes from australia, and yes, you really can just go out bushwaking and harvest (sustainably! and where i live is not really "outback"... thats more central australia)... and it certainly is a joy. I meant no exaggeration in my post.. in fact bonding with acacia trees has become a huge hobby for me in the past year and a half. practically hey... man people really do have it way too easy with this whole mimosa import thing. I can't believe people see going out in nature and getting hands on with divine teacher plants and spending time out in the scrub as "unpractical" ... but thats just me and I respect everybody uses dmt fr differen't reasons

Obviously you can't just go extract dmt from any old tree.. you need to know what your looking for (but experimentation is also needed as the research into acacia trees is quite young and open as it stands... many species are still being discovered). but there's more than enough species that there is most likely a tryptamine candidate close by.. or a bit of driving may be required.

All in all as jamie said, you get out what you put in. I suggest rather than trying to just obtain dmt as easily as you can, that maybe you acquaint yourself with the plant that is giving of itself for you to have this amazing sacrament.. when you walk this path I guarantee a whole new level of depth will enter your dmt experiences. The plants want to communicate with you Smile .. and do try the leaves, there is no need to use rootbark and potentially kill the tree-you just need to spend a bit more time collecting material.

Good luck

nen888
#9 Posted : 11/2/2012 9:31:51 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

jamie's spot on..from botanical terms relevant to acacias:
Quote:
- bi-pinnate - [see 'pinnate'] - leaflets arrising off the 'secondary petioles', in a feather-like or fern-like pattern; pinnately compound leaves in which the leaflets are themselves pinnately compound; mimosa-like.
Quote:
pinnae - small leaves in groups attached to the stems (usually 'bi-pinnate' in acacias), are true compound leaves, unlike phyllodes; all 'juvenile' leaves of acacias are pinnate or bi-pinnate.

there are a few threads in the Nexus on Desmanthus if you google-search..

BecometheOther
#10 Posted : 11/2/2012 6:56:09 PM

metamorhpasizer

Loved your posts acacian!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

jamie
#11 Posted : 11/2/2012 7:23:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just started some illinoensis..only a couple..and I am going to start some leptolobus also..both will be going in the ground here as I am def within it's hardiness range..maybe 20 of each. Prob start them all in the spring I am just starting a few right now inside to play around..plant them out in the spring. I dont think young seedlings would do to well if I introduced them ouside at this time of year..but once they establish through the summer they will fine here for winter..I know people have grown it here in gardens before
with success, unaware of the entheogenic potential.

Magick Venom claimed to have success with the leaf and twigs of illinoensis also when pruned at the end of the season..so I would like to try that out.
Long live the unwoke.