We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Have you ever tried mescaline?
Choice Votes Statistics
I tried it and I liked it 26 47 %
I tried it and it was ok 1 1 %
I tried it and I did not like it 0 0 %
No, but I want to try it someday 28 50 %
No, and I do not want to try it 0 0 %

12NEXT
Have you ever tried mescaline/cactus? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 2/28/2009 12:21:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This poll is a simple poll to see how many people on this forum have actually tried mescaline. You can vote for a SWIY. I voted for SWIM.

Peyote, San Pedro, etc. also count as mescaline in this poll.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

coz42
#2 Posted : 2/28/2009 1:17:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extracting has never worked for SWIM. He's sure hes not doing anything wrong but always turns up gulping down some slime from time to time.. really enjoys that Laughing
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

69ron
#3 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that counts as a mescaline trip. There are some minor differences between mescaline and cactus like San Pedro, Torch, Achuma, Peyote, etc., but they are minor, so they all count as mescaline experiences.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ohayoco
#4 Posted : 2/28/2009 2:27:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mescalito rules! Never a bad moment.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

69ron
#5 Posted : 2/28/2009 3:20:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For SWIM, mushrooms and mescaline are two of the best long lasting psychedelics there are and ayahuasca is a close second. But because the experience lasts so long, SWIM usually prefers the short acting psychedelics like 5-MeO-DMT, DMT, and bufotenine.

SWIM also likes LSD, as well as LSA treated with peppermint oil, but not as much as mushrooms or mescaline. LSD is a little too intellectually harsh at times, and LSA treated with peppermint oil can be a very alien experience if the dose is too high. But at low doses, SWIM loves both LSD and LSA (treated with peppermint oil). They go really well with coffee, just as well as low doses of mescaline do.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 2/28/2009 10:29:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
All of the times i tried it, it was in very moderate amounts. especially the san-pedro's i tried where to weak to realy impress me, although the experiences they gave me where very pleastant. It gave me a euphoric, clearheaded XTC-like feeling with some LSD-like visual and auditory effects and some other very typical effects. Especially seeing aura's or seeing peoples eyes radiate (i even had this with the eyes of animals) was beautyfull. i realy have got to take a larger amount sometime.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 2/28/2009 11:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats actually the psychedelic SWIM took the least times.. He ate powdered san pedro a couple of times (what a taste haha), and peyote also. Peyote taste reminded SWIM of mdma for some reason. He would like to take it again, specially in a native ceremony or pure mescaline.. Maybe sometime he will make the extraction but right now its not really possible.

Where SWIM was living once an ayahuasca-related group SWIM was doing sessions with brought a huichol 'shaman', and he made rituals but SWIM was travelling at the moment and couldnt go. The ayahuasca 'shaman' SWIM and this group were working with participated in the peyote ceremony. Quite interesting happening, this union of different indigenous knowledge.

69ron
#8 Posted : 3/1/2009 3:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Poll results for the three related polls as of Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:00:00 PM

Have you ever tried LSD?
Code:
Choice                             Votes Statistics
===============================    ===== ==========
I tried it and I liked it          16    84%
I tried it and it was ok            1     5%
I tried it and I did not like it    0     0%
No, but I want to try it someday    1     5%
No, and I do not want to try it     1     5%

Have you ever tried psilocybin/mushrooms?
Code:
I tried it and I liked it          10    90%
I tried it and it was ok            1     9%
No, but I want to try it someday    0     0%
No, and I do not want to try it     0     0%

Have you ever tried mescaline/cactus?
Code:
I tried it and I liked it           7    58%
I tried it and it was ok            1     8%
No, but I want to try it someday    4    33%
No, and I do not want to try it     0     0%

17 people have tried LSD.
11 people have tried psilocybin/mushrooms.
8 people have tried mescaline/cactus.

1 person doesn’t want to try LSD.
0 people don’t want to try psilocybin/mushrooms.
0 people don’t want to try mescaline/cactus.

1 person wants to try LSD for the first time.
0 people want to try psilocybin/mushrooms for the first time.
4 people want to try mescaline/cactus for the first time.

Fakkz
#9 Posted : 3/1/2009 4:24:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I voted no, but I want to try it someday. Mescaline is about the only drug other than DMT that I am willing to take. I have experiance with DMT though. I have no immediate plans to get some, just a vague desire in the future to try it. I wish I could talk face to face with someone about it, but no-one I know know in person is into entheogens (just weed and pills). Their loss, in my opinion.

69ron
#10 Posted : 3/2/2009 1:12:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When you look at the three polls it becomes aparent that most of the people on this forum are acid heads.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 5:12:56 PM poll results

People that tried LSD: 21
People that tried Psilocybin/mushrooms: 15
People that tried Mescaline/cactus: 9

Have you ever tried LSD?

TheNtt
#11 Posted : 3/2/2009 1:22:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't vote in all 3, but I have tried and thoroughly enjoy all three. I've only tried mescaline once and it was probably the most beautiful psychedelic experience I've ever had. Never had I ever experienced such amazing visuals. The entire 10-12 hours of hallucinations, every object in sight was covered in amazingly colorful, pulsating patterns that converged to create the physical object. It was like I was seeing everything on the molecular level. I'm quite excited to try some again some time.

jamie
#12 Posted : 3/2/2009 4:17:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I too have had all 3. Mushrooms between 1-200 times, peruvian torch 2 times, and LSD 2 times. I have drank aya maybe 12-15 times in varying doses and LSA about 3 times. Salvia and DMT like a bazzillion or something...

I really really enjoyed mescaline though. It was so warm and the best feeling, I have some baby cacti growing and gunna order some more dry..
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#13 Posted : 3/2/2009 6:22:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I noticed mescaline got a lot of votes for “No, but I want to try it someday”, almost as many as the people who’ve tried it. It seems hard to get for a lot of people. That really sucks.

Mescaline is a fantastic psychedelic and was the first psychedelic to hit western culture long before LSD. The price of it has always been expensive and a deterrent. When LSD hit the masses, it was dirt cheap, about $0.25-$1 could do what $25-$50 of mescaline could do. Mescaline remained the psychedelic of the wealthy and LSD became the psychedelic for the common folk.

I think mescaline has a greater positive impact on the soul. It induces empathy and a warm feeling in the heart more so than LSD or psilocybin. It’s also the least likely to cause a bad trip. It was even voted the least likely to cause a bad trip on this forum in the poll found here: What psychedelic is less likely to cause bad trips?

I think if mescaline, not LSD, had hit the masses in the 60’s, it would still be legal. LSD freaked out too many influential people who demonized it as soon as the “bad trips” started happening to their sons and daughters. A few suicides were blamed on bad LSD trips. People jumping out of windows were blamed on bad LSD trips. I saw one such case happen in San Francisco. LSD got lots of bad press which was way overblown, but the fact is LSD can cause really bad trips for some people. Mescaline is not known for that. Certain Native Americans have been using it for hundreds of years and “bad trips” are extremely rare to almost non-existent among the Natives that use it.

I’m saddened by the fact that LSD pretty much ruined everything for everyone else. It’s the sole reason all the major psychedelics are illegal. It was way too cheap. Any idiot with a buck could get it. Many people who had no idea what LSD even was were dosing it and freaking out and ending up in the hospitals, mental institutions, etc. Parents seeing their teenagers freaking out on LSD panicked and wanted this stuff banned. It was only a short while that LSD remained legal. It was banned and all the other stuff was also banned. That’s such a pity.

Mescaline was always legal until LSD was banned. LSD really ruined it. No one was freaking out from mescaline, 99.9% of the people freaking out and scaring the public were using large doses of LSD which they shouldn’t even have been using. It was too cheap, too easy to get, and way too easy to overdose on it.

I can recall seeing people in San Francisco on LSD who were completely bonkers. It looked scary to those who didn’t understand it. Seeing people walking around like mad men, saying bazaar things, doing bazaar things, it scared people. Sure, 99% of the people using LSD were responsible and not doing such things. But the few people who were scared the crap out of other people.

I hope one day mescaline is made legal again. Mescaline doesn’t deserve to be banned. Mescaline was a gift from God to mankind. It should be made available legally to those who seek spiritual enlightenment. I truly believe the world would be a better place if that happened.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 3/3/2009 1:09:32 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The reason I've yet to experience mescaline is that my cacti have been growing quite slowly. Next year, maybe!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jamie
#15 Posted : 3/3/2009 2:15:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

From my experience of both mescaline and LSD I would agree with everything you just said above 69ron. I really like LSD, but the first time I did it I took 2 200mic hits and freaked out a bit while comming up, I was really jittery, and began frantically chopping firewood until I took off into the bush and calmed down. The next 10 hours though were beautiful. I have had too many mushroom trips to count begin in this same fasion as well..But with torch it was different. I ate it as dry chips with a glass of juice and got slight nausea for about 25 mins, easily managable. I couldnt tell when it began to really hit like I can with psilocybin or LSD, it was quite gradual. Nothing about it was really intense or edgy, it was really warm and euphoric, and the first time I was having trouble with my friend and roommate and it really made me see things in a new light and filled me with a sense of love. The last time I ate cactus was about 2 years ago, so I think i'm due..
Long live the unwoke.

970Codfert
#16 Posted : 3/3/2009 8:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never experienced it but I'm very interested in it. It seems that there are much less negative side effects than with LSD. 69ron seemed to have summed it up pretty well. I've also noticed that despite the complete lack of a specifically bad reputation, mescaline has been grouped in with the common, socially unacceptable hallucinogens.

that is truly unfortunate.... it doesn't surprise me however.
All posts are fictional.

69ron
#17 Posted : 3/5/2009 7:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Poll results for the three related polls as of Thursday, March 5, 2009 11:00:00 AM

Have you ever tried LSD?
Code:
I tried it and I liked it          26    78 %
I tried it and it was ok            2     6 %
I tried it and I did not like it    0     0 %
No, but I want to try it someday    4    12 %
No, and I do not want to try it     1     3 %

Code:
I tried it and I liked it          26    83 %
I tried it and it was ok            3     9 %
No, but I want to try it someday    1     3 %
No, and I do not want to try it     1     3 %

Code:
I tried it and I liked it          13    44 %
I tried it and it was ok            1     3 %
No, but I want to try it someday   15    51 %
No, and I do not want to try it     0     0 %

28 people have tried LSD.
29 people have tried psilocybin/mushrooms.
14 people have tried mescaline/cactus.

1 person doesn’t want to try LSD.
1 person doesn’t want to try psilocybin/mushrooms.
0 people don’t want to try mescaline/cactus.

4 people want to try LSD for the first time.
1 person wants to try psilocybin/mushrooms for the first time.
15 people want to try mescaline/cactus for the first time.

jamie
#18 Posted : 3/8/2009 10:52:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just got 60 grams of dried peruvian torch chips today. I am not quite sure of dosages yet, but I know that the 2 other times I ate cacti I ate 15 grams only and experienced moderate effects, although I am usually quite sensititve to tryptamines and have had strong reactions to MDMA as well.

I am getting 2 more ounces and some live cutting next week so supply isnt an issue...I think I might jsut brew a tew of 12-15g to start and move up from there. When I had cacti a few years back I just ate it dry and experienced minor nausea only at the beginning, not as bad as with mushrooms..but I am guessing a finly strained tea or even alcohol extraction is ideal??

I am also curious as to the possability of smoking mescaline?? I ran into a thread about it over at entheogebn forums and some say it works and others say it doesnt. I actually smoked a bowl of ground up torch about 3 years ago, and did get some effect, sort of like MDMA for about 20 minutes..can anyone verify this??
Long live the unwoke.

ohayoco
#19 Posted : 3/8/2009 11:04:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For unknown strength, I think I read once on Erowid that 25g of Torch/SanP was calculated as the max safe limit just in case you got lucky with the strongest known to man, so you should feel safe starting with this much if you don't know the strength already. This is a visionary dose for SWIM, but not for everyone. On Erowid the amount 45g seems to crop up quite regularly, but SWIM hasn't gone past 35g yet.
Incidentally, just 5g gives a nice feeling that goes well with a night in or out and a few beers. There's no nausea at that level.
SWIM tried smoking torch once, it was harsh and he didn't feel anything.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

jamie
#20 Posted : 3/9/2009 1:07:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I have found some more reports that verify it being active at lower doses. I did actually experience light visuals from the 15g I ate before, just the begining of shapes forming out of patturned objects..
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT