We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Became so skinny after drinking ayahuasca... Options

sonatine
#1 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:07:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After I was drinking ayahuasca all my musclemass dissapeard, im so skinny now, look almost anorectic.. This is a long time ago, and it still havent come back. Is this normal?? Do you have any suggestion to what I can do?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:32:56 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Hello sonatine,
did you make a big change in your diet in order to work with Aya?

how long were you drinking for?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

sonatine
#3 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:46:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for replying:-) For two weeks before I ate only fruit, vegtables, nuts, seeds and rice... But I didnt see any difference in my weigth then, it was not before after the last day of drinking that I noticed I had become super skinny.. I was drinking for tree days.
Afterwords I stopped eating sugar comleatly and cut down on milkproducts.. (already vegetarian)

Crazyhorse
#4 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:48:31 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

I've got an extra 60-80 lbs I'd be happy to donate if you want it. Razz
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

ntwhtyouknw
#5 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:52:50 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

How do you feel? Healthy strong like before?
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

sonatine
#6 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:53:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crazyhorse wrote:
I've got an extra 60-80 lbs I'd be happy to donate if you want it. Razz

Ahh yes can I have about 30 please!!? ;-)

3rdI
#7 Posted : 11/1/2012 1:57:49 PM

veni, vidi, spici

sonatine wrote:
Thanks for replying:-) For two weeks before I ate only fruit, vegtables, nuts, seeds and rice... But I didnt see any difference in my weigth then, it was not before after the last day of drinking that I noticed I had become super skinny.. I was drinking for tree days.
Afterwords I stopped eating sugar comleatly and cut down on milkproducts.. (already vegetarian)

well maybe you dropped the weight by eating less/better foods.

i would think that if you still feel good and have no other symptoms other than weight loss then maybe its OK.
Do you think you were over weight before?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

sonatine
#8 Posted : 11/1/2012 2:00:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ntwhtyouknw wrote:

I feel more healthy that before actually, aya helped me detox and heal, havent been sick after it.. But my body feels very weak and fragile, I dont have any muscles at all compared to a normal body, and get quickly tired, and I feel to fragile and skinny to do heavy workouts..

sonatine
#9 Posted : 11/1/2012 2:08:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
sonatine wrote:

well maybe you dropped the weight by eating less/better foods.

i would think that if you still feel good and have no other symptoms other than weight loss then maybe its OK.
Do you think you were over weight before?

So, it was the diet and not aya doing this to me you think? Do you think its safe to drink again in the future then?? I feel so lost now, I have always had a normal body, and before I went to the gym and was jogging..but now im too skinny to do it, and it really sucks.. and my boobs and ass is comleatly gone Crying or very sad

3rdI
#10 Posted : 11/1/2012 2:23:57 PM

veni, vidi, spici

from my unknowledgable stand point i would think it was more likely the diet than the Aya but i could be wrong.

maybe stay on your new diet, as it sounds quite good, but add some good quality meat and eat more than you do now. You certainly need to get rid of the lethargic feeling, thats no fun.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

The Maxx
#11 Posted : 11/1/2012 2:24:38 PM

I Am the Jungle Queen!

sonatine wrote:
After I was drinking ayahuasca all my musclemass dissapeard, im so skinny now, look almost anorectic.. This is a long time ago, and it still havent come back. Is this normal?? Do you have any suggestion to what I can do?

You know, I think you may have stumbled upon something: What if the L.A. crowd got wind of this new, amazing Ayahuasca Diet? It would become so trendy and hip that it would immediately become legal. Over-privileged white people would be sipping Aya like cappuccino, and the name STAR Bucks would gain a whole new meaning.

Even Hollywood films would greatly improve, since all the actors and actresses will have been on the Amazing Ayahuasca Diet and consequently had a deep and profound insight into the horseshit propaganda they've been a part of their whole life. Art becomes a priority for the first time . . .

Yes, sir, the Amazing Ayahuasca Diet is changing the planet, one Hoveround at a time. "Now I'm free to seeeeeee the world!"
You are Lazarus in the Tomb, and we are always knocking for you to come out. Soon, the tomb will be torn down around you, and you must come out. What will you do then?

AllIsDistraction
#12 Posted : 11/1/2012 3:22:16 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

The Maxx wrote:
You know, I think you may have stumbled upon something: What if the L.A. crowd got wind of this new, amazing Ayahuasca Diet? It would become so trendy and hip that it would immediately become legal. Over-privileged white people would be sipping Aya like cappuccino, and the name STAR Bucks would gain a whole new meaning.

Even Hollywood films would greatly improve, since all the actors and actresses will have been on the Amazing Ayahuasca Diet and consequently had a deep and profound insight into the horseshit propaganda they've been a part of their whole life. Art becomes a priority for the first time . . .

Yes, sir, the Amazing Ayahuasca Diet is changing the planet, one Hoveround at a time. "Now I'm free to seeeeeee the world!"

And the best part? It fits in great with the already popular bulimia weight loss plan!
Learning to know that I do not know.

fairbanks
#13 Posted : 11/1/2012 4:53:53 PM

"Our entire much-praised technological progress, and civilization generally, could be compared to an ax in the hand of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

Definitely just your diet man. Eat some fish, eggs, drink hemp protein, beans, put greater emphasis on the leafy greens like spinach and kale. You'll build yourself back up in no time. Raw vegan/fruitarian isn't beneficial in the long run besides the initial detox of it all. That's not necessarily traditional 'la dieta' either, in the amazon they'll eat plantains, quinoa, wild animals, chicken, fish, as long as there aren't sugars or spice. So you see they still get good amount of protein and nutrition which is important going into a draining ceremony like ayahuasca. There's a reason why you felt so weak afterwards with raw vegan/fruitarian.

jamie
#14 Posted : 11/1/2012 5:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"Afterwords I stopped eating sugar comleatly and cut down on milkproducts.. (already vegetarian)"

Been there done that. Eat some meat.

"but now im too skinny to do it, and it really sucks.. and my boobs and ass is comleatly gone"

Yup that is very typical of plant only diets.

Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 11/1/2012 5:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"I noticed I had become super skinny" <- Did you weigh yourself throughout the process or just "noticed" afterwards? Self-perception is often not a reliable way to tell about our body.

Jamie, while you have personally have gone back to meat, doesn't mean that is everybody's way.

Anyways there's other ways you can try to gain weight, including certain kinds of exercise, and eating well, with a good quantity and variety of proteins, carbohydrates, oils and fatty acids, (but also fruits, vegetables etc).

It also depends on your body type and genetics and how you do your diet, but it's common to lose weight if you eat only vegetarian food. If you want to stay healthy and not lose too much weight you really need to research and balance your diet well.

Agave
#16 Posted : 11/1/2012 8:36:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey sonatine, I've got the same problem, well, some would say blessing. I wasn't overweight before but I dropped 25-30 lbs during a 12 month stretch of pretty infrequent aya use, maybe averaging once a month. I've always eaten a wide range of foods including some kind of meat at least 2 or 3 times a week. Only thing that has changed with me is somewhat less sugar intake. I have eaten more vegetarian/dieta type foods a few days before ceremony but by and large my diet has remained the same. I feel healthy and strong (for an older guy) but felt that way before too. What is weird is that my weight hasn't fluctuated more than 10 lbs in 30 years and now my wife complains that my ass is completely gone. I actually try to eat more than normal nowadays but have only been able to reclaim 3 or 4 lbs.

It kind of concerns me and hyperthyroidism crossed my mind but I feel well enough and I guess I just figured that a cleaned out intestine is working more efficiently than an old plugged up one. So, kind of a mystery to me but if I felt weak or fatigued I would probably go see a doctor about it.
As Within, So Without.

universecannon
#17 Posted : 11/1/2012 10:32:16 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Its really odd you're blaming ayahuasca for this. you changed you're diet/life style (whether aya played a part in that choice or not), which is the main reason you lost weight. just start exercising and eat more food, you will balance out

jamie wrote:
"Afterwords I stopped eating sugar comleatly and cut down on milkproducts.. (already vegetarian)"

Been there done that. Eat some meat.

"but now im too skinny to do it, and it really sucks.. and my boobs and ass is comleatly gone"

Yup that is very typical of plant only diets.

the idea that everyone needs to eat meat to maintain a healthy body weight is just completely false. i know people who eat no meat that are very built. i mean i ate a ton of meat for 18 years of my life and i was just as skinny back then as i am now on a plant-based diet..so i agree with endless in that we need to be careful of projecting here..what worked for us at some point in our life doesn't mean that that is the thing every needs to do to thrive

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SWIMfriend
#18 Posted : 11/1/2012 10:55:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sonatine wrote:
ntwhtyouknw wrote:

I feel more healthy that before actually, aya helped me detox and heal, havent been sick after it.. But my body feels very weak and fragile, I dont have any muscles at all compared to a normal body, and get quickly tired, and I feel to fragile and skinny to do heavy workouts..

I hope you've seen a doctor and reported this occurrence (you don't have to mention that it was after aya, since there is no medically known cause of the effect you note as a response to aya).

You may be diabetic and not know it, for example.

fairbanks
#19 Posted : 11/1/2012 10:56:07 PM

"Our entire much-praised technological progress, and civilization generally, could be compared to an ax in the hand of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

If you're not gonna have meat or dairy in your diet, make sure you're getting a lot of mature green beans, black beans, mushrooms, quinoa, olives, avocado, sweet potatos, legumes, etc. Lots of good sources for protein/fat w/o meat but you gotta up the quantity. Also, don't go overboard w/ the cardio and you'll see good results in no time. Gives you time to focus on strength and resistance! Smile

entheogenadvocate
#20 Posted : 11/2/2012 12:28:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I can really identify! As others have said, it probably has to do a lot more with your diet than your Aya experiences. I've been working out very heavily with weights for just over two years now, and switched to being a vegetarian just over a year ago.

Even with all the lifting weights, I went from about 158 lbs, DOWN to 138 lbs, and I'm 5' 11". I still looked ok, but seeing the scale say 138 was starting to freak me out considering my height. I was also feeling pretty lethargic throughout the day, and drinking a ton of coffee just to stay alert at work.

In addition to becoming a vegetarian, I've always had a very fast metabolism. I realized that not only did I need to add a significant amount of fat and carbs to my diet, I needed to eat or have a significant snack every 2 hours.

Eating a snack containing a lot of different kinds of nuts and raw cacao between meals (both of which are high in fat) has helped a ton. I also drink a protein/carb shake before bed to make sure I'm not "fasting" throughout the night. I have a side of cottage cheese almost every day, and I eat some bread with butter on it dipped in olive oil with dinner every night. I've successfully added 12 lbs in 12 weeks by really working at it.

I wish you all the best!
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

12NEXT