We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Random Thread Button... Options

cyb
#1 Posted : 10/31/2012 7:55:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

As this fine University is filling up with new minds and ideas...and the pages recede into the archives, I was wondering,(Trav/Mods/Creator) If it would be possible to include a 'Random Thread Button'. (RTB)
Say one button per section at the top near the new topic button, or down by the page number 123> >>RTB<< (and on the welcome page)
(Is it even possible for you to Code??)

I have now lost the ability to read all the threads that are flagged daily...there is not enough time or brain speed to keep up.

I realize that if the button linked to a long dead thread or ex/defunct member, it may prove useless to reply to the content therein. In which case...hit it again...or bump and explain why?...(the ghosts of some fine minds will be resurrected)

I'm sure there are hidden gems and snippets of information and fantastically written philosophies in the bowels of years past and the thought of reading 3 years of threads fills me with a boggling.

It would prove to be a worthwhile bump mechanism and an invaluable resource for all the newcomers...

So What Say You...Creators and members both ?

Yay or Nay Wink

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

zombicyckel
#2 Posted : 10/31/2012 8:06:12 AM

Armchair activist

Great idea! haha sometimes I am just to lazy to find new stuff. there is alot of threads that is very old and could be quite intresting. I love the idea Very happy

universecannon
#3 Posted : 10/31/2012 8:19:41 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

could be fun and interesting. Theres a lot of old jewels buried in there

i'm in

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 10/31/2012 11:30:43 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I like the idea of getting our gems back.

However, there are also plenty of dead horses to beat and I'm not so sure if having them resurrected all the time is such a good idea.

So because of this I started a new subforum and you can read all about it here: [RULES, GUIDELINES, STANDARDS] for the quality topics compilation subforum

Kind regards,

The Traveler

cyb
#5 Posted : 10/31/2012 12:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Trav...you are wise beyond your years...

unless you are in fact 87...in that case, you are just; wise... Very happy

side note: how did you do that so quick? your keyboard must be on fire...
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Guyomech
#6 Posted : 10/31/2012 1:56:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Great idea... And I agree that some selectivity is needed. So this will be like the Memorable Nexus Threads topic, but on steroids.