We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Penis Envy Options

Amphiprion
#1 Posted : 10/30/2012 7:07:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the latest Penis Pron Smile

Regards
Amphi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cyb
#2 Posted : 10/30/2012 7:37:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Wow...That's Obscene...but in a good way Laughing

envious indeed Drool
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Soy sauce
#3 Posted : 10/30/2012 8:11:30 AM

Learn to love, Live to learn

Drool

*Picks jaw up off the floor*

Just... wow.

Thumbs up Those big guys look like they really love what you're doing to them.

One day.. Maybe I'll be able to grow such masterpeices.
Super Radical wrote:
Naww. MJ sandwich is the way to go the first time.
Then next time after the WTFOMG moment, realize your ready to changa things up.

It's more special that way.

'DMT is not one of our irrational illusions. What we experience in the presence of DMT is real news. It is a nearby dimension-- frightening, transformative, and beyond our powers to imagine, and yet to be explored in the usual way. We must send fearless experts, whatever that may come to mean, to explore and to report on what they find.' - Terence McKenna

SWIMfriend
#4 Posted : 10/30/2012 3:44:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beauties. I happen to have a first flush of PE going now that looks identical to what you posted (like, in sync--we must have started pinning at the same SECOND!)--they're growing more densely than I ever thought mushrooms could grow!

Amphiprion
#5 Posted : 10/31/2012 12:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regards
Amphi

cyb
#6 Posted : 10/31/2012 1:11:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

^^^ What the Frak...Shocked Mutant envy
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Amphiprion
#7 Posted : 11/8/2012 8:49:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb
It is Obscene

Soy sauce
Thank you Smile they are loving it in there Smile

SWIMfriend
They do grow dense hey! would love to see a pic of yours Smile

Regards
Amphi

MelCat
#8 Posted : 11/8/2012 9:09:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome job!! That mutant is just insane.

If you were to take a spore print from the mutant, would it's offspring be mutants as well?
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

SWIMfriend
#9 Posted : 11/8/2012 11:46:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amphiprion wrote:
SWIMfriend
They do grow dense hey! would love to see a pic of yours Smile

Don't have pics handy now--but you need only look at your pics; they're essentially identical. I now have a second flush solidly off the ground (which, so far, is not as dense as the first flush was).

What's interesting to me in comparing cake conditions with bulk conditions (at least with PE) is that the robust and quickly growing bulk stems start out very heavy at the base. I had not seen that with any of the cake PEs I had--only bulk.

SWIMfriend
#10 Posted : 11/8/2012 11:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MelCat wrote:
Awesome job!! That mutant is just insane.

If you were to take a spore print from the mutant, would it's offspring be mutants as well?

I doubt very much that the "mutant" is really a mutant. The basic form of the mushroom fruit is surely DEEPLY written into it's genetic code. To see that kind of mutant would be the same as expecting to see a new hand growing on a person, starting at the tip of the thumb and then growing backwards out to an armpit. You're just not going to see something like that.

Developmental programs have their limitations. A stem growing two caps in the normal way would be MUCH more likely--and even that I've never heard of.

What's more likely is that another cap touched too firmly, they became bound together and, perhaps, that somehow caused it's stem connection to degrade.

Regarding spore prints: No. Spores are like "children" of mushrooms--so they will tend to bear similarities, but won't be identical. You could culture a part of it's stem, and grow mycelium from it that would be identical. That's mushroom "cloning."

Crazyhorse
#11 Posted : 11/8/2012 11:51:29 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

MelCat wrote:

It would be a crapshoot, each spore gets a different genetic combination, similar to seeds. With this you'd have an especially hard time telling if it made any difference because PE is very prone to mutations anyway.

OTOH, you could clone it instead, and in that case I think you'd probably get mostly muties. But they might not all be exactly the same mutation. That one really is pretty neat! Very happy

EDIT: Looks like we were typing at the same time. No offense Swimfriend but you ought to do a bit more research, that is definitely a mutant and it's not at all unusual, especially for PE. If you haven't seen something bizarre happen like this yet, you will! Most often in later flushes. They can do some crazy stuff, their genetic expression seem to be a lot more "flexible" than other plants and animals, so the comparison to a person growing another hand or something really doesn't work.

No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

zombicyckel
#12 Posted : 11/8/2012 11:51:39 PM

Armchair activist

WOAH that mutant was awesome!!

MelCat
#13 Posted : 11/8/2012 11:54:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That makes sense and seems a more likely scenario, thank you for the clarification SWIMFriend. Smile

Edit: Just read CrazyHorse's reply... That's pretty interesting to say the least. I haven't tried growing PE yet, but it's hopefully in my near future . If I get any mutations I'd give it a shot. I like weird mushrooms.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Crazyhorse
#14 Posted : 11/8/2012 11:59:44 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

MelCat wrote:

Edit: Just read CrazyHorse's reply... That's pretty interesting to say the least. I haven't tried growing PE yet, but it's hopefully in my near future . If I get any mutations I'd give it a shot. I like weird mushrooms.

It's really a bizarre substrain, so different from any other cube, not just in how it looks but also in potency. You can also expect it to grow more slowly than some other types. And those stems are DENSE! Not hollow like other kinds tend to be.

If you want to you can drastically increase the rate of mutations just by giving them a little extra UV light. That's part of how the albino strains (and probably PE too) have been developed. That story about McKenna finding the original growing in the wild is probably BS. The man himself said he didn't remember it, and neither does his brother.

Frusciante
#15 Posted : 11/9/2012 12:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are lovely! I failed my only attempt at growing so far but I want to try again soon! Is this a decent strain for a beginer?

Amphiprion
#16 Posted : 11/13/2012 6:48:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Crazyhorse wrote:

EDIT: Looks like we were typing at the same time. No offense Swimfriend but you ought to do a bit more research, that is definitely a mutant and it's not at all unusual, especially for PE. If you haven't seen something bizarre happen like this yet, you will! Most often in later flushes. They can do some crazy stuff, their genetic expression seem to be a lot more "flexible" than other plants and animals, so the comparison to a person growing another hand or something really doesn't work.

Thumbs up

Frusciante:

Some people say PE is more difficult to cultivate than more commonly found Cubensis strains. I achieved these results using almost identicle techniques.

PE does take longer for primordia formation and initial pinset, once that has been been achieved the fungus matures quite quickly.
Regards
Amphi

marz
#17 Posted : 11/13/2012 11:32:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocybe cubensis B+ Strain is easy and fast growing and the B+ strain is a fast colonizing strain whatever teks you use. its pretty darn fast
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

Crazyhorse
#18 Posted : 11/13/2012 10:39:19 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

marzbar329 wrote:
Psilocybe cubensis B+ Strain is easy and fast growing and the B+ strain is a fast colonizing strain whatever teks you use. its pretty darn fast

This is true, B+ was my first and it was very forgiving of my screwups. Thumbs up The lower yield per time invested with PE is more than made up for by the 2x potency.

behindthelight
#19 Posted : 11/14/2012 5:10:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What did you use to make your substrate? Did you case it?

Amphiprion
#20 Posted : 11/19/2012 11:01:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Substrate was a mixture of Hpoo,Compost,Straw + rough compost.

15% eyeballed gypsum added.

pasteurized @+-140-160f for 90minutes.

Colonized in 4 days. (spawn ration was roughly 1-4)

Cased with PH adjusted Sphagnum Peat. 8.5ph before pasteurize, 8.0 at spawning

2 day casing incubation, then fruting conditions.

Smile Eace
Regards
Amphi