We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Best Free Email Service Options

rudder
#1 Posted : 10/29/2012 8:37:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Everyone,

I've been using a GMX account for the past couple years, and for the past month it has been automatically logging me out during the middle of my sessions. It often happens right when I click send, and I lose everything I had written. I've tried emailing their support team multiple times, but their "solutions" never solve anything.
http://zauberparacelsus..../post/28480399092/badgmx

Since I'm running a business (No, not that kind of business!) I need to have a reliable email service. In three years, I'd still like to have the account problem-free.

Don't recommend services like hushmail that give you a tiny amount of storage space, and then prompt you to pay for more space by getting a "premium" account. I'm looking for something that's really FREE...free of problems, and free of having to pay for anything.
No yahoo, no google, or anything like that.

My priority is free, but I also appreciate a service that is secure and encrypts email. This is not an absolute necessity, however. The main priorities are free and reliable.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 10/29/2012 9:36:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

If you want anonymous, free and as secure as it gets email (both webmail and pop3/imap) you might want to take a look at Tormail.

rudder
#3 Posted : 10/29/2012 10:51:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Vodsel wrote:
If you want anonymous, free and as secure as it gets email (both webmail and pop3/imap) you might want to take a look at Tormail.

That looks like something I might want to use.

If I use that as my primary (not anonymous) email address will my anonymity be compromised if I decide to create another tormail account for anonymous emailing?

Also, how do they make money if it's a free email service?

a1pha
#4 Posted : 10/29/2012 11:06:30 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

rudder wrote:
If I use that as my primary (not anonymous) email address will my anonymity be compromised if I decide to create another tormail account for anonymous emailing?

1) It is unwise to use an anonymous service as your primary address given the unreliable nature of deepnet. Who knows who is running the server. Who knows where the server is and what security measures are in place. If Tor, or Tormail, goes down (either shut down or your ISP blocks access) you lose your primary email address. Not so fun.

2) Do not hand out your anon email address publicly. It raises a big red flag if the other side knows the uses of Tor. For example, if an employer sees this on a resume and associates Tor with illegal activity then I guarantee you will not get the job.

3) Messages are visible in plain-text to nodes on the network. Better make sure you're encrypting sensitive information. Also, keep in mind large adversaries control enough nodes on the network to correlate activity between various Tormail accounts.

For anonymous email, you might want to consider I2P-bote. The system is distributed and secure. However, there is no out-proxy. For this you might look into Postman.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

rudder
#5 Posted : 10/29/2012 11:54:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OK, so for my primary email account, I best not go with something that's so "secure."

I'm just looking for something straightforward like yahoo, but not so mainstream.

a1pha
#6 Posted : 10/30/2012 12:07:48 AM
โจ€

rudder wrote:
I'm just looking for something straightforward like yahoo, but not so mainstream.

Why not just setup your own exchange server or linux-based mail server?

http://www.howtoforge.com/howtos/email

Nils
#7 Posted : 10/30/2012 5:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rudder wrote:

Out of curiosity, what do you have against Gmail? While I won't defend all of Google's actions, they were the only top tier company that refused to comply with the Bush administration's demands to get access to their databases (Yahoo and MS had no problems giving this information up).

http://www.seattlepi.com...-search-data-1193298.php

marz
#8 Posted : 10/30/2012 8:30:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i use gmail its ok i really like ZOHO mail try gmail are ZOHO LITE witch is free

And with Zoho mail Privacy is Guaranteed gmail not so much Privacy

But Zoho is nice clean & fast also Privacy is Guaranteed

STANDARD 10GB cost $24 a year

STANDARD 15GB $36 a year

LITE - FREE FREE FREE!!!

check it out i use theam and love it
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

rudder
#9 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:18:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

gmail - Don't like the interface nor the complete lack of privacy.

the rest of those things - not straightforward, and not totally free.

a1pha
#10 Posted : 11/2/2012 5:31:46 AM
โจ€

rudder wrote:
gmail - Don't like the interface nor the complete lack of privacy.

the rest of those things - not straightforward, and not totally free.

Sounds like you're s**t outta luck, then.

rudder
#11 Posted : 11/2/2012 7:46:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hahaaha back to snail mail