We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Psilocybin changa? Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 10/22/2012 1:30:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The idea is very simple, and goes as this;

1.)Finely crush or powder the desired amount of mushrooms.
2.)Extract the actives into a high proof alcohol (Everclear).
3.)Repeat three times.
4.)Take enough torn up mint (torn up to how you would like to smoke it) to fill a half pint jar about 5-10mm.
5.)Place the first alcohol extraction into the jar containing the mint material. Let evaperate without heat in a dark place to reduce the damage to the goodies. (Very sensitive to light once in solution.)
6.)Once this first alcohol extraction is almost completely evaporated, repeat step 5 with the other two alcohol pulls.
7.)Let everything evaporate until completely dry, then store in an airtight container to further reduce the damage or oxidation of the psilocybin/psilocin.
8.)Measure your plant material on a scale that shows milligrams, and compare to the original weight of the plant material in milligrams. However much weight difference is how much actives are in the plant material. A dose of smoked psilocybin is around 25-30mg, at least this is what I have found in doing my research into the subject.
9.)Vape the desired amount of leaf material to launch off.

I know that the actives in mushrooms will oxidize very quickly in the open air and will do the same if exposed to light while in a solution. But the idea in this is to keep it as dark as possible, and never have the actives in the open air by themselves. The actives should go into the mint material like DMT would if making an enhanced leaf. Therefor, the actives are not coming in contact with the open air, and are going right back into more plant material like they would be if they were still in the mushroom body. If my thought process is correct, shouldn't that factor cause it to degrade no quicker then it would inside of the mushroom? It would also become mush more concentrated to the point where you could get a whole dose in one hit, making it more effective then smoking the actual mushroom, which does not work at all because of the heat and also concentration of the actives is so low.

Any thoughts or comments on this process would be greatly appreciated. Again, this is just a theory and the people that would perform this experiment are greatly aware of the possibilities of oxidation and damage from heat.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 10/22/2012 2:40:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No body has any information or thoughts on this idea? Anything would be helpful, even just your own theory.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

SWIMfriend
#3 Posted : 10/22/2012 3:06:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the general consensus is that psilocybin doesn't vape--it will "burn" before it vapes, at any reasonable temperature.

My interest is in purifying psilocybin to a high degree, then dissolving in (hopefully a low quantity of) water, and inhaling vapor made from a medical inhaling ultrasonic vaporizer.

jamie
#4 Posted : 10/22/2012 3:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think nen888 said he did vape it with success..I dont know the details though.

I really really wish this could work out..cus I would be all over that.

Im very interested in the idea of extracting psilocybe mushroom alkaloids in full spectrum and trying out a snuff with them. Christian Ratsch has reported of finding Nepalese shamans working with a snuff mixture that contained psilocybe mushrooms as one of the ingrediants..

A super concentrated full spectrum herbal tincture for sublingual use is something I am gunna try soon as well..avoiding the gut this way should clean up some of the body effects, and shorten the overall experience..which can be useful at times.
Long live the unwoke.

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 10/22/2012 3:16:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The melting point alone of psilocybin is above 400 degrees

Properties
Molecular formula C12H17N2O4P
Molar mass 284.25 g mol−1
Melting point
220–228 °C (428–442 °F)[2]
Solubility in water soluble
Solubility soluble in methanol
slightly soluble in ethanol
negligible in chloroform, benzene

If that is the melting point, then shouldnt a vaperizer that is set just very slightly above that range or in the high end of that range cause sufficent vaporization before causing it to burn?

SWIMfriend
#6 Posted : 10/22/2012 3:24:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First, that's a LOT higher temp than DMT, for example. And second, just because it has a measured melting point doesn't mean it would NOT react with air at such a high temp. The melting point can be measured in a non-oxidizing atmosphere, for example.

As I said, there seems to be general acceptance for the idea that psilocybin can't be vaped in the same way that DMT is.

Gone-and-Back
#7 Posted : 10/22/2012 3:43:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always found mixed reports about it. Its always been about fifty fifty good or bad. I think its enough of a chance to give it a shot. What harm could be done?

jamie
#8 Posted : 10/22/2012 3:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yes I have heard the positive report rarely..enough to make it interesting but I dunno if it really possible or not aside from the method SWIMfriend described..which is another thing I really really wish to try out.
Long live the unwoke.

SWIMfriend
#9 Posted : 10/22/2012 4:02:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
I have always found mixed reports about it. Its always been about fifty fifty good or bad. I think its enough of a chance to give it a shot. What harm could be done?

Sure, give it a try. I would never discourage experimentation. People didn't know or think DMT could be vaped, until somebody (wasn't it Nick Sands?) vaped it.

Still, it's "freebasing" that has been the trick that has allowed vaping plant alkaloids. Psilocybin can't be "freebased." At least, that's what better chemists than I have said.

I'm determined to try out my method. I wouldn't mind seeing a "new" psilocybin extraction thread started. The last one really didn't seem to go much beyond the first rotavaped extraction being composed of some powder and some goo--and I think it was the goo that finally contained the psilocybin.

I'd like to have some ideas whether quality can be achieved beyond the "goo" point (maybe chloroform could wash out much of the useless part of the goo?)--or if you'd have to go straight to column chromotography at that point.

Gone-and-Back
#10 Posted : 10/22/2012 4:14:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I defenitly will give it a try when I am able to acquire the materials needed. I will post a report about it for people to read.

Jamie, what was the method that you wanted to try?

staresatwalls
#11 Posted : 10/22/2012 5:18:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

afaik three washes with 70% ethanol in a double boiler not getting near boiling (probably even better would be to shake a bottle of shrooms and everclear for a month kept in a dark place) can get all the goodies and then you can evap some if you want and freeze precip it out, collect it and redissolve it in minimal everclear and into some herb.

wouldn't that work?

http://www.cognitivelibe...dsarchive/extraction.htm

i met sasha shulgin once and only got to ask him if he'd ever smoked psilocybin, to which he replied "yup"
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

jamie
#12 Posted : 10/22/2012 5:28:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"i met sasha shulgin once and only got to ask him if he'd ever smoked psilocybin, to which he replied "yup""

...and?? He did not elaborate?
Long live the unwoke.

staresatwalls
#13 Posted : 10/22/2012 5:37:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no, it really made me mad. his entourage pulled him away.Thumbs down
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

SWIMfriend
#14 Posted : 10/22/2012 5:44:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

staresatwalls wrote:
...and freeze precip it out...

You can't assume that psilocybin would easily freeze precip.

The main difficulty (as I think I understand it) that makes psilocybin much different to work with from DMT is that psilocybin is very much like MANY very common biologic molecules. It's quite like an amino acid, for example.

Usually, in that situation, it takes some sort of chromotographic method to separate it (which can separate compounds based on small size and/or charge-characteristic differences).

jamie
#15 Posted : 10/22/2012 5:46:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

actaully benzyme told me a few weeks back that it does precip right out easily from alchol extractions when you get the liquid ratio low enough. I still have yet to try it cus I am having tons of trouble finding methanol or everyclear..but I will be trying this soon as I have access to basically as much cubes as I can grow..which is a lot.

I dont think everything precips out and it does not precip as pure alklaoids..but it apparently works when you ingest this stuff so it must be in there.
Long live the unwoke.

SWIMfriend
#16 Posted : 10/22/2012 6:09:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
actaully benzyme told me a few weeks back that it does precip right out easily from alchol extractions when you get the liquid ratio low enough.

I'll be very interested to hear a report on that.

jamie
#17 Posted : 10/22/2012 6:16:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am sure benz will respond here at some point and elaborate on this..he is the only one I know of who has done this tek.
Long live the unwoke.

Gone-and-Back
#18 Posted : 10/23/2012 4:30:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

staresatwalls wrote:

i met sasha shulgin once and only got to ask him if he'd ever smoked psilocybin, to which he replied "yup"

If this is true, that is all the reasurance I need that there is a way that this can be done. Someone such as sasha shulgin would know above all if it was possible. I must try to achieve this now.

SnozzleBerry
#19 Posted : 10/23/2012 12:56:44 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Gone-and-Back wrote:
staresatwalls wrote:

If this is true, that is all the reasurance I need that there is a way that this can be done. Someone such as sasha shulgin would know above all if it was possible. I must try to achieve this now.

I would bet that if Shulgin did this, he used psilocybin freebase. I don't see a freebasing step in your methodology...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

The Traveler
#20 Posted : 10/23/2012 1:39:25 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Gone-and-Back wrote:
staresatwalls wrote:

Shulgin confirmed that he had smoked it, but did not confirm that it worked. Please be aware of this big difference.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

123NEXT