We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Fresh research paper on DMT Options

Sublime
#21 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:01:02 PM

Intraterrestrial

Thanks for the find. Smile So from quickly scanning through it DMT binds to the sigma-1 receptor, but opiates do not. I find this odd as the anesthetic effects of DMT are so powerful, more powerful than any opiate I have taken. It must block pain receptors?
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#22 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:02:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

What cells are sigma 1 receptors expressed in? Is it only neuronal tissue? If so any information on where they are localized.

All this is suggesting to me that dmt's effects like the effects of most drugs are mediated by a few different receptors. Would be cool to see what receptors mediate what response with in vivo selective antagonist studies.

benzyme
#23 Posted : 6/8/2010 6:05:37 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

they say lung, adrenals, pancreas...interestingly, the same tissues INMT is expressed
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

VisualDistortion
#24 Posted : 6/14/2010 2:08:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
it makes me beyond happy to know that i have such intelligent "family" on this board....truly....although my degree is in kinesiology, brain chemistry was only shallowly and briefly skimmed over. i had no aptitude for it. i enjoy beyond measure, however, reading you guys batting this stuff around. rock on!

love and gratitude!

No need to put family in parenthesisWink
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

bufoman
#25 Posted : 6/14/2010 2:31:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Sigma receptors are expressed through-out the entire body. They are found in very high levels through-out most CNS areas and the periphery. Also many many diverse agents (endogenous and exogenous) bind to sigma receptors. Literally it may be easier to list what doesn't bind to sigma-1...., not really but you know what I mean it is notoriously promiscuous. Regarding distribution sig-1 has a "slightly" more limited distribution than sig-2 but is still widely expressed. Highest levels are found in the cerebellum and motor association regions. It is likely that sigma receptors play a key role in cellular physiology rather than as neurotransmitter receptors involved in rapid information processing.

PREV12