We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for decent guides on picking Options

Mystic0
#1 Posted : 10/16/2012 8:21:10 PM

Ninja of Consciousness

Hey there, very new to the mushroom scene, I happen to live next to some really nice forest areas and open plain areas with the perfect climate (from what I gather) for shrooms and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find some.

Are there any decent guides or even herbology books/guides that anyone can recommend to me

Thanks
One can drive himself to madness in the obsessing goal of reason, without the knowledge of love and laughter.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

staresatwalls
#2 Posted : 10/17/2012 4:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i posted this in this subforum

http://www.shroomery.org...oms-grow-wild-in-my-area

just look up what's in season and i find that 3 days after rain is when shrooms start to rot, unless you can find some in a perfect shady area that isn't toooo humid.

your BEST bet would be to get a really good shroom picker to take you under their wing. good luck with that.

you might want to check out the shroomery too, lots of good info there

does that help?
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

Mr.Peabody
#3 Posted : 10/19/2012 5:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Paul Stamets' Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World is one of the holy books of active fungus.

Other than that, just get out and get looking! Nothing wrong with looking! There's nothing to lose, as long as you make 100% super damn mega holy mother sure you know what you're eating! I have never heard of a mushroom that bruised blue and was poisonous.
Be an adult only when necessary.

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 10/23/2012 10:56:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
bruised blue and was poisonous.

blue bruise + spore print to make extra double sure.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Mr.Peabody
#5 Posted : 10/23/2012 11:21:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ Very true.
Be an adult only when necessary.

Ice House
#6 Posted : 10/24/2012 3:16:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Learning where they dont grow is every bit as important as where they do grow.

You gotta get out and look to find em.

Concentrate on finding the sweet spot in the interface between man and the wild.

There lies what you seek.

Good luck,

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

semios
#7 Posted : 10/24/2012 7:23:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of mushrooms do you think grow in your area?

If you post photos here, or even better on the Shroomery, you'll get help.

Don't eat anything you can't identify with 100% certainty, it's not worth it. Especially since cubes are so easy to grow, so why risk it unless you are certain.

SmoovPnCali
#8 Posted : 10/25/2012 4:02:08 AM

Reality is a matter of perspective...

semios wrote:
Don't eat anything you can't identify with 100% certainty, it's not worth it. Especially since cubes are so easy to grow

....and actually really fun to grow as well....Thumbs up

It's amazing how fast they go from little bumps to fully mature ready to pick...

Ever see a time lapse film of those little guys...awesome...