We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in Parliament House Options

r2pi
#1 Posted : 10/9/2012 10:43:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I spotted this pic on the news today and thought some might share a smile.

Here you see some self-serving git posing in front of a (rather poor) depiction of Acacia pycantha, Australia's national emblem, a plant that bears significant amounts of DMT.

The object of their idolatry is one of the plants they recently tried to ban. Strange, eh.

Adding just 3 letters to that artwork would probably turn any photograph of the House of Representatives into a prohibited publication Smile.

r2pi attached the following image(s):
parliament acacia.jpg (88kb) downloaded 226 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

WarriorSage
#2 Posted : 10/9/2012 11:00:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha, nice.
He got fired today ay?
The Warrior’s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 10/9/2012 11:16:06 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I think we just found the new nexus frontpage. The acacia emblem and the hyperspacial look of the guy is truly what we're looking for.

To the artist working on the frontpage project: As the OP said, just add the words dmt and we're done!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

r2pi
#4 Posted : 10/9/2012 9:58:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WarriorSage wrote:
Haha, nice.
He got fired today ay?

Apparently. Just another self-licking icecream like everyone else who works in that joint... !

zombicyckel
#5 Posted : 10/9/2012 10:27:06 PM

Armchair activist

Man they should chase real criminals instead of treating life loving hippies as the new maffia. Ah the ironi looking at the picture haha.

btw is acacia seeds legal to buy from au?

Just read this: http://www.gaia-health.c...mmon-garden-plants.shtml

from their article "Seedbanks will need to destroy many of their precious seeds."

So in essence they would seize seeds being sent outside of AU?

zombicyckel
#6 Posted : 10/9/2012 11:54:14 PM

Armchair activist

bump

r2pi
#7 Posted : 10/10/2012 9:24:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

zombicyckel wrote:
Man they should chase real criminals instead of treating life loving hippies as the new maffia. Ah the ironi looking at the picture haha.

from their article "Seedbanks will need to destroy many of their precious seeds."

Well... I doubt it. The proposal seems to be on hold for now. I wonder whether the idiots responsible for it came to realise the practical difficulties in this. The plants in question are grown in gardens in their millions and exist in the wild in countless further millions. Bulk seed of some of these species forms part of the emerging native foods industry. In terms of export, many of these species are already in cultivation or are naturalised (in some cases as invasive species) in other countries.

Then again, the same government department is bringing us compulsory data retention laws and wants to bring in compulsory nationwide internet filtering to rival the Great Firewall of China, so who knows to what level of totalitarianism these people will try to descend.

Michal_R
#8 Posted : 10/10/2012 12:33:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, of course:

- Let´s ban and destroy everything that alters consciousness and cannot be easily taxed.
- Let´s make our Mother Nature illegal.
- Let´s make other people obey our ideas about how they should be living.
- Let´s pretend we are still "rational" beings, and that there still remains some "rationality" in the war against drugs (Marijuana, obviously, being the worst of them).

Everytime I hear or read statements like that, I am ... baffled. I just don´t get why do we need to treat other people as complete idiots or irresponsible children, as someone who isn´t able to make an informed decision about her or his mind/body/spirituality Confused

Michal_R
#9 Posted : 10/10/2012 12:37:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And thanks for this post/picture, really, I find it revealing.

r2pi wrote:
... The object of their idolatry is one of the plants they recently tried to ban. Strange...

It is strange, I agree. But the whole case can be also seen as a "symptom" of what our societies are truly like... And that´s sad IMO Sad

SKA
#10 Posted : 10/10/2012 4:36:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Madness. Have organisations like Greenpeace nothing to say about these plans for selective,
deliberate extermination of a great number of plant species?

I know botanists worldwide have been outraged by this allready.
It is obvious that Psychonauts would be against this Madness,
but everyone with common sense should be against this madness.
We should involve more people in this war. People who love nature.

And as a countermove we, the worldwide entheogenic communities, should set up
nurseries and greenhouses & start stockpiling & trading seeds, seedlings & cuttings
of Acacias, Mimosa Hostilis, A.Peregrina(Yopo), Salvia Divinorum, Peyote & San Pedro
Cacti, Psilocybe Mushrooms, Morning Glories & other sources of mighty tryptamines.

Presented towards the greater community as a merely Botanical Initiative, law enforcers &
prosecuters will have a real hard time to make a rational argument to incriminate you.
These drug-war prosecuters are very trained & skilled in making harmless, innocent pot & acid -users
look like dangeriously insane criminals in the eyes of the judges/juries. They've trained for years.

But I bet they'll find it outright impossible to get the public onboard in "The war on Botanists".
There are quite a few "drug-users" who are also dealers, burglars, robbers...Quite criminally insane.
Therefor the warped, demonized image of the drug-user isn't a bold lie, but rather a complex exageration
of a known reality. Quite a few drug users indeed do more drugs than they can mentally handle. Quite
a few drug users have become dangerously insane.

Botanists are just not the easiest group to demonize as dangerous criminals. Razz
I and others have mentioned this before, but in this increasingly fascist world,
Botany is the way to go for the wise Psychonaut. More covertness = Less media feasting
on idiots with goldfever, mass-extracting spice from MHRB = Less propaganda = Less
motivation for the public to support the war on drugs.

At the same time Psychonauts should not retreat from the frontier. They should
bundle up and found a worldwide human rights organisation to protect/introduce
"The right of every individual to decide his/her own diet of foods & Medicines"

These communities should strive for other rights too, all mostly to protect the
free choice of mature people who want psychedelic compounds/plants to be a part of
their lives(and have therefor joined one of these communities), but also the right to
live completely independant from the Monetary System.
Much like Santo Daime, but then more founded on human rights principles, rather than
on religious principles.

These communities could spread visual propaganda to plead for these rights &
against the tyranny of the war on drugs. They could make excessive use of mass media
like facebook, posters, flyers and political debates on public TV.

I'm willing & able to help in the graphic department. Anyone else
willing to help?
Psychonauts, we must unite. As Botanists & Human Rights Activists.

a1pha
#11 Posted : 10/10/2012 5:40:13 PM
⨀

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Many organizations bear the acacia.
a1pha attached the following image(s):
SQ1.jpg (30kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Michal_R
#12 Posted : 10/10/2012 8:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

... such as the most important organizations in the field of Human Rights promotion ...
Michal_R attached the following image(s):
un-logo1.jpg (28kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
HR-UN.png (100kb) downloaded 90 time(s).

christian
#13 Posted : 10/10/2012 8:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is that maN "LORD VADAR"..or sith, or what?? Surprised
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

a1pha
#14 Posted : 10/11/2012 4:22:49 AM
⨀

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Michal_R wrote:
... such as the most important organizations in the field of Human Rights promotion ...

IIRC, the emblem of the United Nations bears a branch from an olive tree - signifying peace. Whereas the masonic lodge holds the acacia tree central to their teachings. The Scottish Rite funded Strassman's studies with DMT in the 90's. Still... pretty cool. Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

zombicyckel
#15 Posted : 10/11/2012 4:27:07 AM

Armchair activist

r2pi wrote:
zombicyckel wrote:

Well... I doubt it. The proposal seems to be on hold for now. I wonder whether the idiots responsible for it came to realise the practical difficulties in this. The plants in question are grown in gardens in their millions and exist in the wild in countless further millions. Bulk seed of some of these species forms part of the emerging native foods industry. In terms of export, many of these species are already in cultivation or are naturalised (in some cases as invasive species) in other countries.

Then again, the same government department is bringing us compulsory data retention laws and wants to bring in compulsory nationwide internet filtering to rival the Great Firewall of China, so who knows to what level of totalitarianism these people will try to descend.

Good news so far then, thanks for info Smile