We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-Meo-DMT-N-Oxide Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 10/7/2012 10:04:56 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Hey Guys ... Some questions regarding the following Issue I am having right now:

My freinds 5-meo-dmt has changed over the summer... it changed a lot Shocked Possibly this is because he didnt protect it from warmth this summer(sometimes over 30 degress celsius)

His waxy ,off white, synthetic-5meo-dmt has changed into a brown ,sticky,oily piece of gunk,which emanates a strong sweet flowery smell.
Over the Summer it had been stored inside a Glass vial together with.. Air.

Is it safe to assume this now mostly 5-Meo-DMT-N-Oxide sticking inside this vial?

What is known about this compound ? What is it like, is it even active?

Has anybody else produced 5meo-oxides before? Have any solubility data or smth. like that?

His 4-aco-dmt only changed slightly under the same conditions , but luckily it was in its fumarate form.

Ideas ? Thanks Pleased
Observant attached the following image(s):
imgsrv.png (4kb) downloaded 150 time(s).
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Observant
#2 Posted : 10/8/2012 2:41:39 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Just found some basic information on another forum ... but no experience report yet.

baron wrote:
According to 69ron, the virola resin probably contains 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide and little or no 5-MeO-DMT.

5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide is not well documented. It’s official name is 2-(5-methoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)-N,N-dimethylethanamine oxide.

Here is the link to it on PubChem: http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm....d=5319429&loc=ec_rcs

It has an XLogP3 of 1. That makes it very hard to extract with most A/B techs. The typical DMT extraction techs don’t work at all for 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide. Lots of people on other forums tried extracting 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide from virola resin and failed.

According to 69ron, you can do an A/B extraction tech on the resin if you use DCM or chloroform as the NP solvent and you perform at least a dozen pulls after freebasing it. Solvents like naphtha don’t work at all for extracting 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide (that's a fact).

The problem in extracting 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide is that its pretty water soluble, and insoluble in most non-polar solvents. If you don’t have DCM or chloroform as the NP solvent, it’s going to be a bitch to extract it.

Also, its a brown, gummy, oily substance, from what I read. You can’t crystallize it. Maybe you can crystallize it as the fumarate though.

I would consider using an alternate tech, not an A/B tech, because 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide is so water soluble. There's probably a solvent like acetone that might be able to extract it in freebase form, and then you might be able to salt it out with citric acid or fumaric acid. I don't know. I would try something along those lines and forget about an A/B.

baron wrote:
Also, I believe the main active in Virola theiodora is 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide, and not actually 5-MeO-DMT. The reason I think this is that the effects are more in line with 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide, and you can’t easily extract its actives with techs that work for 5-MeO-DMT. 5-MeO-DMT N-Oxide is very polar and I think is insoluble in most polar solvents.
-69ron

Going to test out if this is really soluble in distilled water and if yes, to what extent.

So long...
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/8/2012 12:19:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how do you know for sure it was 5meo dmt in the first place? also, was it freebase?

regarding 69rons claims, i wouldnt be so quick to use that info, considering he at times made some questionable claims. Without any reference to the info, how do we know its trustable? He did not have analyticaal instruments and often relied on suppositions such as oil = oxide, which doesnt have to be true. If i were you id look into TLC to confirm if its the alkaloid you think it is (contact me for more info), and also checking trouts notes on simple tryptamines for referenced info on less known alkaloids such as 5meodmt oxide. Im travelling at the moment but when i get home later this week i can check trouts notes and post any relevant info here

Observant
#4 Posted : 10/9/2012 1:52:29 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

yes , of course I take what this guy posts with a grain of salt- but thats what came up..
TLC is interesting for sure , I havent really thought about that...

Please do post what Trout has to say on the Topic...
(and possible other breakdown products of 5-meo-dmt maybe?)

My friend told me it was freebase , i havent checked the ph though .
He was quite positive this was actual 5meodmt(no clue about the purity of course), but who knows ...

It must have looked like normal naphta extracted spice before the summer ...

I have seen freebase crystals turn amber in their vials , too , and of course I guessed this was oxidation getting visible over time.