We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
salvinorin-a as potent as lsd? Options

VisualDistortion
#1 Posted : 2/21/2009 12:47:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"The active ingredient of salvia, a compound called salvinorin A, targets a single receptor site in the brain called the kappa-opioid receptor, according to Bryan Roth, a professor of pharmacology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine who discovered how salvia works in the brain. Salvinorin A is the strongest naturally occurring hallucinogen, with the same potency as LSD, he says."

this was taken from the article here - http://www.thenook.org/f...ndex.php?showtopic=63791

I'm going to assume this is wrong and has no scientific basis. But on the flip side, i don't know anyone who has extracted pure salvinorion-a and i've never seen a tek for it. It alway goes onto some plant material. Also, banning salvia is ridiculous. you guys better start cultivating your own, i know i will.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 2/21/2009 1:20:52 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM has extracted pure salvinorin, it's relatively easy.

And the comparison with lsd comes from the fact that one needs too little salvinorin to be felt. 300 micrograms is the threshold dose and no other known hallucinogen is active at this range. Compare this with 2-4mg of psilocin for threshold effects or around 100mg of mescaline.

LSD has a threshold dose of around 20 micrograms I believe. It is the most potent hallucinogen in this respect.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

VisualDistortion
#3 Posted : 2/21/2009 1:26:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah. I didn't know the thresh hod dosage of salvinorin-a. I knew that lsd was active in a very small amount of mics. Do you have a link for a pure salvia extract. On erowid, all they got in guides to make 20x and whatnot.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 2/21/2009 1:42:59 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

The cold acetone extraction is probably the best one, find it here.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

jamie
#5 Posted : 2/23/2009 3:11:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think that LSD becomes active at a lower dose than salvinorin A...I havent ever taken LSD at too high of doses, but salvia at those doses completely shatteres reality, and can even scare people at low doses if they arent aquainted with the space. There is the spice, and there is the mint...both the most powerful in my experience judging by their sheer power..

BTW...whats pure salvinorin like??
Long live the unwoke.

deweeb
#6 Posted : 2/25/2009 10:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

BTW...whats pure salvinorin like??

Glad you asked , this is a venture that swim is about to partake of . Swim knows xtals of A very well , but has yet to venture into DMT , but that is going to be remedied very soon .

Swim has seen/shown many things from A xtals and from many written accounts that swim had read about DMT , they sound almost identical . Time will tell and swim will be giving full reports about the discoveries and similarities between the two .

A xtals blast swim directly into hyperspace and last approx 15 mins before the body is felt again , the glow lasts another hr or so . It is one real wild ride that is hard to navigate , swim has had success returning to same place where left off , by vaporizing A promptly upon returning to body . Going through the fractals and colors everytime in a clockwise rotation just before swims body dissolves into space .

First break through, swim thought there would be no coming back, it's that intense .

mad_banshee
#7 Posted : 2/25/2009 11:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=deweebFirst break through, swim thought there would be no coming back, it's that intense .
[/quote]

From experience, I think salvia is as strong an experience as lsd, but just very short lived. Swim has used salvia a lot over the past few years, like once or twice a month on average I guess. But while swim is amazed every time on the salvia breakthru, he can still feel a connection to this life. The DMT breakthru seems so much more detached, so much so that it scares swim shitless. He hopes to come to terms with the totally detached hyperspace state of spice though and appreciates any hints he can hear to help him find a way to ease his launch experience fear.

Peace

Sight Seeker
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

40oztofreedom
#8 Posted : 2/26/2009 6:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My very, very strong salvia experiences were only somewhat as intense as my LSD experiences, but only within certain aspects. Salvia had a tendency to feel more like a lucid dream with more color, vividness and it was a LOT more random and spontaneous then anything else I've ever done. It wouldn't be uncommon to watch yourself turn into a bag of potatoes.

LSD was a lot more intense in its own sense. Because, I was still remained intact with my body, and mind a lot more. The colors were moving and shifting as my eyes were open, but with salvia I didn't know if my eyes were open. Salvia had just happened, it was there, and then it disappeared, but with LSD I was in the experience so long that I had free will to do whatever I wanted with it. It was a lot more enjoyable because the longevity of such a positive, beautiful experience.

As opposed to a salvia experience that was just like, woah.... that was fucked up.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.