We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How music affects a DMT trip... to the EXTREME! Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 2/20/2009 11:47:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How does music affect a DMT trip? Some people on here have done crazy things like skydive on shrooms... so has anyone listened to, say, death metal on DMT?

Let's have some extreme stories!

SWIM is very careful about what music he launches to... but he was just listening to Orbital's 'Satan' and wondered what would happen if he was on DMT at that moment. He'd never try it because he thinks his heart would explode!

When people get raped or beaten up by entities on DMT, could it sometimes be because they were listening to aggressive music at the time? Shocked
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

VisualDistortion
#2 Posted : 2/21/2009 12:04:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
How does music affect a DMT trip? Some people on here have done crazy things like skydive on shrooms... so has anyone listened to, say, death metal on DMT?

Let's have some extreme stories!

SWIM is very careful about what music he launches to... but he was just listening to Orbital's 'Satan' and wondered what would happen if he was on DMT at that moment. He'd never try it because he thinks his heart would explode!

When people get raped or beaten up by entities on DMT, could it sometimes be because they were listening to aggressive music at the time? Shocked

don't listen to death metal, ever, on halucinogenics. i'm a big metal fan but it's just to much while i'm tripping. it terrifying really. the closest i get to metal while trippin is primus. Listen to the song "natural joe" and imagine what that bass line would be like when tripping
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

ohayoco
#3 Posted : 2/21/2009 12:17:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, it's not even scary when you're sober. Maybe the bit with the machine guns would mess you up. So what happened?

Here it is: http://www.last.fm/music..._/Natural+Joe?autostart (copy&paste, link's messed up)
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 2/21/2009 12:24:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
When i heard this music for the first time it instantly converted me from an atheïst to a religious person. The intro is quite long and it builds up very slowly.

When listening to it for the first time; it's the part at excactly 4 minutes that totally blew me away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNwGjBTxHAA&hl=nl

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 2/21/2009 1:26:40 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Not death metal, but SWIM really enjoys dmt with black metal. Not all the times and not any black metal. Dark, fast, gloomy ritualistic black metal like the one played by Deathspell Omega does make spice journeys interesting.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 2/21/2009 1:43:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM used to listen to a bit of black metal, but couldn't imagine tripping to it. However, SWIM does enjoy tripping to very savage and primal music. Like this song: http://www.notnotfun.com/mp3/pocahaunted/motherlooms.mp3

VisualDistortion
#7 Posted : 2/21/2009 2:05:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
Wow, it's not even scary when you're sober. Maybe the bit with the machine guns would mess you up. So what happened?

Here it is: http://www.last.fm/music..._/Natural+Joe?autostart (copy&paste, link's messed up)

No no. I like listening to primus when I'm trippin. I don't like metal when I'm trippin.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

ohayoco
#8 Posted : 2/21/2009 2:35:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
When i heard this music for the first time it instantly converted me from an atheïst to a religious person.

Wow. Were you spicing? SWIM just listened, but he's sober and still atheist.
(When he says atheist, he means he doesn't believe in a separate god in the usual sense. He was atheist until he smoked salvia extract, which turned him onto the idea that if all we are is matter or energy, then why not call all of existence 'god', meaning it's all divine rather than mere matter. Now matter, time, space are all one connected mass of divine energy to him. So salvia turned him into a 'religious atheist' through just a few horrific revelations (transcendentalist maybe, don't know what, is there a word for what he is?). Spice has strengthened his view of the universe as divine rather than mundane, while also showing a positive edge on it rather than the nihilistic edge that sometimes comes with salvia. Everything's still the same as it was, but his view of it is now optimistic rather than pessimistic. Still, it was only on salvia that he actually become one with god and filled with divinity.)

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 2/21/2009 2:46:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Black metal on spice?! You guys are crazy. No wonder some of you get hyperspace-raped! What visions do you see when listening to that stuff? SCARY ONES?

SWIM is too emotionally tuned for that... even when he's sober he can't stand wingey indie for example, he can feel their wingey pain and gets all depressed. And disturbing metal like Tool leaves him feeling corrupted inside... muhhhh. In hyperspace, he can't handle fast stuff even if it's upbeat, he feels like he might have a heart attack, it's too much!

Amor_fati, that tribey music rocks. Don't think SWIM could handle it on spice... he must be a wuss. Poca Haunted eh... how does that stuff affect your visions?

smokeydaze
#10 Posted : 2/21/2009 3:01:14 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

amor_fati wrote:
SWIM used to listen to a bit of black metal, but couldn't imagine tripping to it. However, SWIM does enjoy tripping to very savage and primal music. Like this song: http://www.notnotfun.com/mp3/pocahaunted/motherlooms.mp3

haha that was wack.. i loved it! Do you have any suggestions for artist or groups of the same quality, maybe from different cultural backgrounds - but that one was right on the money I think. Really gritty tribal ritual type chanting and thumping, awesome stuff!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 2/21/2009 10:22:21 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

ohayoco wrote:
Black metal on spice?! You guys are crazy. No wonder some of you get hyperspace-raped! What visions do you see when listening to that stuff? SCARY ONES?

SWIM has never really been raped on dmt, let along the dmt-black metal combination. The experience as awesome as usual. For some reason music stops to exist while in the hyperspace, but the body definitely percieves the sound. Black metal can (that os not always, just sometinmes!) make visuals more jittery, more violent and darker. But not unpleasant at all.

If SWIM compares spice to a rollercoaster, then spice listening black metal sometimes becomes like the horror train. Good shit..!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 2/21/2009 11:16:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ok, look in "Drum's Not Dead" (2006) by Liars. The album was released as a dvd. Here is an excerpt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPe37Gd0eMA

Bear in mind that the excerpt hardly does the entire work justice. I highly recommend checking out the dvd, particularly the videos under "by your side."

Also, if you're into the darker and more savage and primal side of the audio experience, check out Robedoor, Akira Yamaoka (the silent hill ost's), and Silk Saw.

DarkShaman
#13 Posted : 2/21/2009 12:16:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
ohayoco wrote:

SWIM has never really been raped on dmt, let along the dmt-black metal combination.

I am certain that I have never been raped on dmt, either. Look at it through my eyes:

Perception, comprehension, intuition, etc. of what is good/bad, light/dark, wholesome/evil, right/wrong, and so on, can vary so drastically from one person/people to the next that what may seem evil or crazy to one person may be viewed as virtuous or fulfilling to another. Take cannibalism for example.

I often enjoy the sounds of some raw & gritty dark dubstep, heavily-abrasive drum 'n bass, hatefully murderous-rhyme rap (i.e.: Jedi Mind Tricks, Chief Kamachi, Jus Allah, Killa Priest, etc. etc.), and, occasionally, rotten decomposing death-metal such as Can. Corpse while traveling through other dimensions.

xx13w7xx
#14 Posted : 2/22/2009 11:44:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OKAY!

You guys... I read the first couple of posts

and

WOW.

I couldn't read all of them because It Hurt To Read but I'm sure the whole death black rape metal thing was explained through a revision of a 'Set and Setting' explanation of psychedelics.

Anyways!
I really think that if you do not want to have a bad trip, the most amazing song to listen to is...

...Kimball Collins - Obelix...

I have only had Euphoric Experiences When Listening To This.

I Highly Recommend It.

I Love You All, Bye!
The Obelisk To a New Life

xx13w7xx
#15 Posted : 2/22/2009 11:49:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, and by the way

Jedi Mind Tricks w00t!

Excuse Me, My American Fraternity Personality Complex Is Showing.
The Obelisk To a New Life

ohayoco
#16 Posted : 2/24/2009 1:21:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha, don't worry, I don't believe in bad stuff like rape happening in hyperspace. At least, not to SWIM. They're cool with him out there. Yeah it was that resurrected thread about spice being bad for you that got me thinking that maybe these people having bad times could be affected by the music they listen to... from what you guys say, I personally think it was wholly down to their attitude getting them in scrapes...

I'm intrigued that people can actually listen to such heavy stuff when you're out there... fast stuff sends SWIM's heart racing and the visions come too fast, which is why he prefers chilled stuff generally... or sexy stuff, that's good too... maybe he should listen to a recorded female orgasm next time? Anyone remember 'French Kiss'?

smokeydaze
#17 Posted : 2/24/2009 5:12:06 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

amor_fati wrote:
Ok, look in "Drum's Not Dead" (2006) by Liars. The album was released as a dvd. Here is an excerpt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPe37Gd0eMA

Bear in mind that the excerpt hardly does the entire work justice. I highly recommend checking out the dvd, particularly the videos under "by your side."

Also, if your into the darker and more savage and primal side of the audio experience, check out Robedoor , Akira Yamaoka (the silent hill ost's), and Silk Saw.

arr wicked! thanks mate Smile
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

DarkShaman
#18 Posted : 2/25/2009 5:33:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xx13w7xx wrote:
Jedi Mind Tricks w00t!

Twisted Evil YEEUH! What tha' fkn' dill, know'm sayin'? It's tha' f'n Hologram,, Jus Allah,, Enemy of Mankind! Twisted Evil

ohayoco
#19 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:11:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM can't even listen to music when he's out there anymore... he keeps asking for it to be turned off once he starts travelling, because he feels like it jars him, for some reason. Does anyone else get this?

soulfood
#20 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:47:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I get this with words and beats.

Textures... no problem Smile

12NEXT