We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using tartaric to convert DMT into salt form Options

dragonnexus
#1 Posted : 10/2/2012 10:34:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if it is possible to use tartaric acid to convert DMT to its salt form. I am using the DMT hand book which uses fumaric acid but tartaric acid is easier to buy here
It's not the feeling of the high when you're running round. It's the friends that you find when you're coming down

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/2/2012 4:59:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It will form a salt, thats not the problem. The issue with different salt forms is that some of them will be hygroscopic, meaning they will absorb water from the air, becoming goo/oil instead of solid.

The only solid salt forms for DMT I've seen describe in literature or saw home tests is DMT fumarate or picrate (but dont mess with picric acid!) . That being said, I've never heard of any tests with DMT tartrate, it might be its solid, it might be its oily.

If you're willing to "take one for the team", Im sure others like me would be interested in hearing the results. You can always recover your DMT by freebasing and pulling with a solvent again if it doesnt end up like you want it.

dragonnexus
#3 Posted : 10/3/2012 1:58:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah its worth a try cause i think many people would start to use tartaric acid as it is a lot easier to buy. i will be sure to try this over the next few days an post results. i will try and work out a mix ratio also and document times.

if i where to oven dry to reduce moisture in the air and to quickly seal the salt with minimal exposure to the air then we still might be able to achieve a nice crystal instead of goo.

how clean do the freebase need to be in order to conduct a salt transformation? i think mine is around 90% at the moment. whould that be fine

even if it does become oilly or goo it would still be good to use in a Ayahuasca drink. theres no failed experiment right Thumbs up
It's not the feeling of the high when you're running round. It's the friends that you find when you're coming down

dragonnexus
#4 Posted : 10/4/2012 3:02:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

result are that a nice salf form was achieved however it was a very sticky goo so not good for snorting. Thumbs down

Kash
#5 Posted : 10/4/2012 6:24:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Hmm.. how did you make it? I bet you might be able to TASA it out of acetone.

Also, if you want to convert the goo back to freebase you can just rebase it in a minimal amount of water and mix into naptha... Im sure you know the rest.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

dragonnexus
#6 Posted : 10/4/2012 7:05:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah i recovered most of it by rebasing and pulling it again with naptha so at least i recovered it. come out pretty clean tooThumbs up . i might just order some fumaric acid

i used a formula to work out how much tartaric acid was needed. its is in the dmt hand book. i think it was around 225mg needed due to larger molecular mass then fumaric acid. dissolved the dmt and acid in acetone then added together. crystals started to form and fall out of the solution however when drying the become sticky and turned to goo.

Kash
#7 Posted : 10/4/2012 11:43:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Ah i see interesting thats good info. So dmt tartrate is officially proven hygroscopic!
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.