We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT containing cactii? Options

Pineal Flow
#1 Posted : 9/5/2006 5:42:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Echinocereus triglochidiatus, Salm-dyckianus (cacti) Is common in Mexico, where the Tarahumare Indians uses them in their festivals. Said to contain 5-MeO-DMT. "Hallucinogenic plants of the Tarahumara" J. Ethnopharmacology 1, 23-48 Bye, R.A. 1979. http://hjem.get2net.dk/g.../echinocereus%20tri.html Trichocerus terschekii (cacti) "cardon grande" DMT has been isolated from this species from North-Western Argentina. Schultes & Hofmann "Plants of The Gods" p. 58. 1979. and from Dr.Christian Rtsch "The Dictionary of Sacred and Magical Plants" p. 205. 1992. http://hjem.get2net.dk/g...richocereus%20tersc.html
One time for ya mind

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

litrium
#2 Posted : 9/5/2006 6:56:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That's something new, dmt containing cacti. This chemical is popping up in everything! Interesting..

liber8ed
#3 Posted : 9/22/2006 9:49:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I wish it were so but I don't beleive either cacti actually contains DMT Echinocereus salm-dyckianus & Echinocereus triglochidiatus: "Pitallito" said to have "high mental qualities". They are sung to during collecting. These weak "false peyote" were once thought to carry a "typtamine derivative" (Schultes and Hofmann, 1992), but published chemical studies have located only N,N-dimethyl[b:9dd9a53aa0]histamine[/b:9dd9a53aa0]. Its seems probable that a clerical mistake resulted in the false publication. T. Tersheckii Rumors have existed about N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) being a product of T.terscheckii since the 1979 publication of Schultes & Hofmann's Plants of the Gods. No bibliographic references for such a finding were mentioned, but a review of the prior literature indicates the presence of N,N-dimethyl[b:9dd9a53aa0]mescaline[/b:9dd9a53aa0]. Schultes & Hofmann's 1973 publication, The Botany and Chemistry of Hallucinogens, does properly mention N,N-dimethylmescaline's presence in T. terscheckii, but the 1980 edition of the same publication deletes all mention of T. terscheckii or its alkaloids. It appears the 1979 printing of Plants of the Gods, and also the second edition of 1992, was mistaken, and that a typographical error resulted in the inaccuracy.

(dr{E}amweaver)
#4 Posted : 9/23/2006 11:58:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i have to agree with liber8ed on this one.. sad tho.. just like that acacia in america that supposably contained all sorts of wonderfull things... Maybe if we all believe it to be so, then it will.
acacia, FUCK YEAH, come to save the motherfuckn day YEAH! evolving to a fluctuating vibration of cosmic energy

Pineal Flow
#5 Posted : 10/6/2006 3:35:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thx liber8ed. just found that old info interesting, im glad you shed a little light on that one -as that one was bugging me for a while now. Wink
One time for ya mind

blacksheep
#6 Posted : 10/29/2006 9:29:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Many of the acacia in the U.S. do contain DMT, not sure, but I would think so. Southern Claifornia has acacia all over the place, and just like everything else in southern Ca. they are imported. There are several Australian wattles what have naturalized in Ca. (very similar climates)just as the eucalyptus have, and the eucalyptus still contain there oil, why wouldn't they?
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Tribal Dreamings
#7 Posted : 10/30/2006 1:22:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blacksheep i think dreamweaver was talking about an acacia that supposedly had all sorts of things in it including amphetamines... I think Laughing
'..with the cold sudden fury of a devine messenger...'

blacksheep
#8 Posted : 10/30/2006 1:52:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'll get my chain saw and wood chipper
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Noman
#9 Posted : 10/30/2006 2:14:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I had access to acacia, I would harvest some new leaves, new twigs, mature leaves, and root and do an A/B on each just to see what comes out. It would be nice too, to check out various members of the legumosae (sp?) family.

blacksheep
#10 Posted : 10/30/2006 6:58:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Next time I am in the vicinity I will take some photo's (camera pending)of some Acacia that I know of, I know of a few stands of different varieties in a certain area, but I'm not sure which variety each is. One grows like a bush, w/ long skinny "leaves"/phylodes a tangled plant, thick with twiggy branches. Another one, when young has only tiny mimosa type leaves, pinate in growth structure and brownish bark, when older these small leaves are joined by the longer single bladed leaves that are common among Aussie plants that I've seen. On these older ones the bark takes on a definite red/purple,(moe red than purple), particularly when the bark is peeled. I took a sample of this bark 30g. A bizar phenomenon I've on;ly seen on acacia, 2 distinct "leaves with 2 distinct growth patterns on 1 tree. T this stand there are several mature tree's with many seedlings in the earth beneath. And than there was one more stand that I havn't gotten a close look at along a certain freeway near by where I stay in this region. These are more "tree" like than the first one but have the long skinny leaves. There is also a road in this town called acacia, a casual stroll down this street is in order for observational purposes, a machete might be taken along.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

blackclo
#11 Posted : 10/31/2006 12:28:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Be careful casually walking around the streets with a machete blacksheep, people might get the wrong idea! Razz Laughing

blacksheep
#12 Posted : 11/1/2006 1:39:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

well they might be right...I usually carry a Japanese butcher knife to liberate cacti, but for de-barking you gotta wap, pry and peel, so a Brazilian machete might be more practical. Actually I've seen a lot of people in that area walking around with sticks, I think they're afraid of dogs or somthing.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Tribal Dreamings
#13 Posted : 11/1/2006 7:05:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

around here people carry sticks to fend of magpies protecting thier nest/territory. That and if someone was to carry a machete im sure they would get stopped for questioning and prob arrested Laughing but yeah thats here Rolling eyes

blacksheep
#14 Posted : 11/3/2006 8:14:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just from net research,(mulga's site), it looks like two of the var. of the acacia stands can loosley be I.D.'d as obtusifolia, and the other as madenii. but how can one really be sure by comparing a memory to a few pictures on the net, there could be other non-alkaloid containing acacia that resemble these that I'm un-aware of. The bark sample that I have on my person is reddish brown un pulverization, and belongs to what I think is the obtusifolia
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Tribal Dreamings
#15 Posted : 11/4/2006 1:49:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You need to do more than just 'loosely' id acacia to be sure! You need to get your self a key to follow. There is a really good cd-rom that has the id keys to many acacias it is quite comprehensive and easy to use. The name of the cd eludes me atm. I will get back to you. Confused Often it can come down to minute mesurements of certain aspects of things like seeds, inflorences, petioles and phyllodes etc.

blacksheep
#16 Posted : 11/4/2006 5:12:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thats what I'm thinking, so many of the wattles and Australian flora, (at least in the states), ,.have a uniqueness that makes them hard to differintiate. I have not seen the trees come to flower yet either which would help the photo's I've seen aren't the clearest and trees, even with in a variety vary so much due to micro-climate, soil, phenotype etc. I have not seen the trees come to flower yet either which would help. It might be better to check the cal-flora database as opposed to any Australian publication for the phenotypical reasons.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

blacksheep
#17 Posted : 11/4/2006 5:19:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JUst checked the data-base, I've seen som of the acacia they have listed, but the ones I've been refering to arent on the Cal-flora.org site, all of the acacia's are listed not native, some are called invasive weeds.
!!SNAP~KRACKLE~POP!!

Noman
#18 Posted : 11/4/2006 9:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I say do an A/B with a defat and see what comes out. Seems the direct way of finding out if it contains DMT.

Tribal Dreamings
#19 Posted : 11/5/2006 10:15:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh your in the states blacksheep? here is a link to a discription of that cd i mentioned called "Wattle: Acacias of Australia" http://www.mwpress.co.nz/store/viewItem.asp?idproduct=346 Waiting until they show flowers will make the process of identification MUCH easier and perhaps sometimes it is impossible to id without either flowers or seed pods. Norman: Here in Australia there is just WAY too many Acacias to do extractions on them all! Shocked Razz

Noman
#20 Posted : 11/5/2006 11:12:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:fe36d0c600="Tribal Dreamings"]Norman: Here in Australia there is just WAY too many Acacias to do extractions on them all! Shocked Razz[/quote:fe36d0c600] Why? You can do a quick tek in an evening while getting stoned and watching tv once you know what you're doing. If you have access to the plant, why not add to the data?

12NEXT