We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
What is the DMT experience like for the blind? Options

anrchy
#41 Posted : 1/16/2014 7:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

None of this pointed to allowing people to see. Just that dude with mostly blindness was able to see along the same lines as normal but with extra flair.

Need to find a blind from birth person and see if they want to try dmt
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TheSacredTree
#42 Posted : 1/24/2014 2:43:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had read somewhere (maybe on this page but i don't really feel like re-reading all of it; http://www.disregardever...-breakdown-regarding-the) that each and every person you see in your dreams are people you've met at some point in your life and it's physically impossible to create new faces in your mind. Obviously as i'm not a scientist, i cant prove this, but based on what i can remember from the dreams i've had throughout my life (or the ones i can remember), it's probably true. So i could also see there being a similarity in people who are blind.

The weird part is this is acually the exact same conversation i was having with my friends at lunch today.

Maybe in college i'll be able to find some deaf and blind people to test some DMT, LSD, and DiPT on. With their permission of course. Wink

BTW, the link is not mine but i do recommend reading it if you're interested in lucid dreaming. It was super interesting to me at least.
"If the words ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’ don’t include the right to experiment with your own
consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.”
-Terence McKenna

Parshvik Chintan
#43 Posted : 1/24/2014 4:54:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
I swear benzyme, you could completely make something up and word it in this same way and I would think it was real.

that is literally ALL he has ever done.
benzyme doesn't even science, he is just a masterful troll Laughing
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

TryptamineChampion
#44 Posted : 1/25/2014 1:47:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You Think Any Of You Guys Can Find A Blind Person To Smoke Some Deamster?

I Can Find The Blind Person But I Don't Have The Spice

My Neighbor Makes Braile Machines And He Says He Know Tons Of Blind People That Would Love To Try It

Infectedstyle
#45 Posted : 1/25/2014 2:44:19 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

TryptamineChampion wrote:
You Think Any Of You Guys Can Find A Blind Person To Smoke Some Deamster?

I Can Find The Blind Person But I Don't Have The Spice

My Neighbor Makes Braile Machines And He Says He Know Tons Of Blind People That Would Love To Try It

Do it broThumbs up be the first to keep track records of their reports. Just make sure to include data of which subjects are congenitally blind and the different ways in which each one is impaired and what they experienced.

TryptamineChampion
#46 Posted : 1/25/2014 6:30:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your Cool Man, I Haven't Made Deamster In A While, It Would Make Me Famous That's For Sure, I Think It Would Be A Breakthrough For Everyone, Removed No discussion of buying I'm Gonna Give It A Shot, I'll Record All The Data, How Much Of A Dose They Took, What They Expect It To Be, What It Really Was, If They Would Do It Again Etc

My Friend Says I Can't REMOVED The Mimosa Bark Online Anymore Cause It's Illegal But I'm Gonna Try Anyways Though, Let's Just Hope My Front Door Doesen't Get Kicked Down

Never Believe Anything You See Or Hear - Sid Hartha

Cosmic Spore
#47 Posted : 4/12/2014 11:35:02 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

TryptamineChampion wrote:
My Friend Says I Can't REMOVED The Mimosa Bark Online Anymore Cause It's Illegal But I'm Gonna Try Anyways Though, Let's Just Hope My Front Door Doesen't Get Kicked Down

If you are in the USA, Acacia is safer than Mimosa, as it has a somewhat lower profile among the authorities, and
ALL plants/barks that contain DMT are schedule I drugs themselves, so be aware there is a legal risk involved.
Several members are posting recently about their busts.

Wizzsplat
#48 Posted : 7/9/2014 7:23:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very curious ,did you get a blind person to try DMT ?

uz1l0v3r
#49 Posted : 7/12/2014 12:44:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a fascinating BBC documentary about Near Death Experiences (can't recall its title, but I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere) where a congenitally blind woman recounts being able to 'see' during an NDE. Apparently it's not an isolated case either, although quite rare, I would imagine. I'm sure we all have heard/read about Rick Strassman's conjectured link between NDEs and DMT; if blind people can see on NDEs, perhaps a DMT experience will be likewise.

Psycholexium528Hz*
#50 Posted : 7/12/2014 5:45:21 AM

*A Psychedet*

kenji wrote:
I have the same question in my mind, but i've got no answer at the moment.. Smile
If a blind person from the birth will see these "aliens" or cities etc, i really think this
can be a strong proof of the fact that the hyperspace is really out of our mind..

I agree with this ^^ Smile
***Just be Nice to people***

DreaMTripper
#51 Posted : 7/12/2014 1:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I disagree, this is such a complex question.
It goes back to how you would define 'see'.
Studies show the perception of shapes and structures are still processed by the visual cortex even in people blind from birth people .. http://explore.georgetow...2&PageTemplateID=295
"We can see that in the blind, large parts of the visual cortex light up when participants are engaged in auditory and tactile tasks. This is in addition to the areas in their brain that are dedicated to processing sound and touch,” says the study’s lead investigator, Josef P. Rauschecker, PhD, professor in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at GUMC.
Colour is another matter as it is how the cones in the eye react to various wavelenghs of light.

OrbitalSpace89
#52 Posted : 7/25/2014 9:12:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As DreaMTripper mentioned above, I guess it would depend on how you define "sight." Our brain seems to function using "points of reference" gathered through the combination of our various senses and experiences to put together a tangible form of reality. Thus no 2 people can ever perceive the same object in exactly the same way. Our perception is shaped by our experiences and those experiences also depend on our tactile sensory inputs.

People who have had some form of vision prior to their blindness have a prior point of reference to base their "visions" on. Again, as mentioned by the blind musician and the girl, it seems that their visions are shaped by the degree of their perception.

A person blind from birth has no previous perception of sight and so their other senses such as smell, hearing and touch are enhanced to compensate. Thus, I would assume in the same way when they trip, their experiences will be based on the senses that have shaped their perception of reality.

However, I reckon it is possible that if the visual cortex itself is intact and psychedelics like DMT produce excessive neuronal activity in it, certain visions could be triggered. What they look like I wouldn't have a clue though.

Whatever the case may be, I'm pretty sure the experience would be as intense with powerful auditory hallucinations and maybe even an extreme enhancement of tactile sensations.

Binary Drool
#53 Posted : 3/14/2015 7:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always wondered if the DMT flash would allow someone who suffers from the loss of eyesight a brief escape into the vividly colorful kaleidoscopic realm. My theory is that though the DMT flash is entirely subject we all see these erratic geometric oscillations of color and sense unity/peace/love which leads me to believe that physical eyesight has nothing to do with visions of this nature.

I would like to see results in subjects who were born blind and those who lost their eye sight as children. I think this could be very exciting and we would hear some amazing trip reports but also I can't help but feel like this would boost the emotions of the suffer.

Has anyone ever come across any human testing and experiments other than Strassmans's work?

Other than your person testingLaughing Laughing

We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

PREV123