We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Quick and Easy Cebil/Vilca? Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 2/19/2009 3:36:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do not have any means of doing a full blown bufotenine extraction, as I have an inability to evap any large quantities of solvents, let alone boil xylene (piiieeew). I have access to alcohol, sodium carbonate, ammonia, muriatic acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Mineral Spirits, but would like to find something PREFERABLY smokeable, while minimizing the negative effects. I know I will not eliminate them, but as they will be used for meditative purposes, adverse affects can be mostly ignored.

I have read everything on the forum with regards to Vilca, however I found nothing reallllly to my liking. I don't want perfect, just nice and easy. Any suggestions? Even just mixing with sodium carbonate and water after toasting them... could I smoke this? Can you smoke sodium carbonate? I'm assuming the base form is more easily smokable?

Any suggestions (hint, hint 69ron) would be fabulous. Thanks a million.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

psychonaut
#2 Posted : 2/19/2009 9:28:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

experiment with a good ratio of acetone:mineral spirits, no clear and cut tek exists though.
Essentially, freebase, then pull with a mixture of acetone:naptha. You could then boil away the acetone, letting the bufotenin crystallize

Trips
#3 Posted : 2/20/2009 3:22:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you guys just have homes that reek of solvent? haha, how do you boil something off without a hotplate and a garage?

69ron
#4 Posted : 2/20/2009 3:47:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trips wrote:
I do not have any means of doing a full blown bufotenine extraction, as I have an inability to evap any large quantities of solvents, let alone boil xylene (piiieeew). I have access to alcohol, sodium carbonate, ammonia, muriatic acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Mineral Spirits, but would like to find something PREFERABLY smokeable, while minimizing the negative effects. I know I will not eliminate them, but as they will be used for meditative purposes, adverse affects can be mostly ignored.

I have read everything on the forum with regards to Vilca, however I found nothing reallllly to my liking. I don't want perfect, just nice and easy. Any suggestions? Even just mixing with sodium carbonate and water after toasting them... could I smoke this? Can you smoke sodium carbonate? I'm assuming the base form is more easily smokable?

Any suggestions (hint, hint 69ron) would be fabulous. Thanks a million.

You can toast the seeds and soak them in ammonia for about 10 minutes. Dry the seeds. The alkaloids are now all freebased and very smokeable. The seeds can then be smoked as is.

The toxins are more polar than bufotenine. After soaking the seeds in ammonia and drying them again, the freebase bufotenine will be soluble in moderately non-polar solvents, while the toxins will be less soluble in such solvents. The xylene boil is the easiest way to get rid of the toxins. By melting freebase bufotenine in the boiling xylene, it becomes soluble in it, but the toxins do not.

The other method is to use a room temperature 2:3 solvent mix of MEK:heptane. The freebase bufotenine is soluble in the solvent mix but the toxins aren’t. So you could soak the seeds in ammonia, then dry them and then extract the seeds with the 2:3 solvent mix of MEK:heptane and none of the toxins will be extracted into the solvent mix. Then you dry it and smoke it. Pretty easy if you have access to those solvents, but you apparently don’t.

You’re going to have to experiment. First soak the seeds in ammonia to freebase them, then dry them. Next, find a solvent or solvent mix that bufotenine is soluble in, but the toxins are not and extract the seeds with that. It looks like you have access to alcohol and mineral spirits. You can use those two solvents for sure, but you need to find the right ratio of alcohol to mineral spirits. You want a polarity that’s similar to the 2:3 solvent mix of MEK:heptane. Mineral spirits are slightly less non-polar than heptane. Alcohol is much more polar than MEK. It’s likely the sweet spot is a mix of 1:3 alcohol:mineral spirits, but that’s just a guess. Only by testing various mixes will you find the right mix. It needs to be too non-polar to dissolve the toxins, but just polar enough to dissolve the freebase bufotenine.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#5 Posted : 2/20/2009 3:56:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trips wrote:
Do you guys just have homes that reek of solvent? haha, how do you boil something off without a hotplate and a garage?

SWIM has a room devoted to this with an open window at one end and a very powerful exhaust fan he installed at the other end of the room in the ceiling that sucks all the fumes out. You can hardly even smell the xylene boiling because all the vapors are sucked out the exhaust fan really fast. SWIM sits near the open window, so he doesn’t breathe in any solvent fumes.

If you’re worried about solvent smell, get some food grade d-limonene and use that instead of solvents like naphtha and xylene. D-limonene smells like oranges and is a solvent like naphtha, but much healthier (it’s extracted from fruit).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Trips
#6 Posted : 2/20/2009 5:00:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does MEK have a common purpose, or does it need to be ordered from a chemical supply house? Heptane I'm sure I could find if necessary.. there's a huge art store a block away... but MEK?

Trips
#7 Posted : 2/20/2009 5:11:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm guessing with the alcohol too, a freeze precip. is out of the question?

I'm going to give this a try for those of us without fancy chemicals.

Ethnochemist
#8 Posted : 2/20/2009 7:53:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found heptane at the art store...and MEK was even easier...at his local hardware store...in the aisle with all the other solvents.

Trips
#9 Posted : 2/20/2009 8:55:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, I'm in Canada and can't find MEK anywhere. Anyone have a specific hardware store?

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 2/20/2009 9:45:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

At least in Europe, MEK is a watched chemical. Maybe it's the same in Canada.

69ron
#11 Posted : 2/20/2009 7:16:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So in Europe and Canada what solvents are easy to get?

Trips
#12 Posted : 2/20/2009 7:46:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dirty stove naptha, Alcohol, Mineral Spirits, Turpentine (never heard of this used for anything), Acetone, Xylene (I hate working with xylene), umm, I've seen DCM mixed with methanol, Isopropanol, Toluol (Assuming its toluene, rather avoid this one), methyl hydrate, varsol Pretty limited...

Also, will 3% ammonia work for basifying the seeds, or is 10% necessary?

endlessness
#13 Posted : 2/20/2009 7:56:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

even pure alcohol seems very hard for SWIM to find in europe. The only place he found non-denatured stuff, ethanol, was in the pharmacy, and it costed over 30 euro a liter! he was getting in Dreamland 100% ethanol for a tenth of the price.

Naphtha that SWIM has found also is normally mixed with some xylene (so he's having issues to find something to separate the dmt from jungle spice). Even when it only says naphtha on the bottle (usually heavy naphtha), when looking at the actual chemical components on more detailed info on the net, he finds it has other stuff like xylene in smaller amounts. Yes xylene is easy, acetone also, and loads of mixed stuff (methanol and toluene, etc)

Its being quite some trouble

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 2/20/2009 8:13:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
even pure alcohol seems very hard for SWIM to find in europe.

Because of high taxes. I've heard that you can buy it in poland for a reasonable price.
Yeah, lots of "mixed" solvents...

69ron
#15 Posted : 2/20/2009 9:17:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about d-limonene? Can't you get that in Canada or Europe? It's normally available in food grade form online and not at all a suspicious purchase.

endlessness
#16 Posted : 2/20/2009 9:23:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM only found d-limonene from one industry-supplying company. He sent an email asking if they sold it to individuals in smaller amounts, saying he wanted a house cleaning solvent that was biodegradable.. but they didnt answer yet.. He's still trying to find more

ohayoco
#17 Posted : 2/20/2009 9:23:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In the UK it's easy enough to get heavy naphtha in the form of 'white spirit', such as Bartoline.
Vinegar and citric acid is easy to get hold of, of course.
Then 'surgical spirit' from the chemist, a mix of methanol and ethanol. They say they do sell isopropyl alcohol, but they always say they've run out for some reason.
Xylene can be bought online easily, as a paint thinner, but it's horrible stuff to work with.
Acetone is available from art shops but no idea about its quality/purity.
Ammonia is available as a cleaning product but no idea about quality/purity.
He's done a quick internet search for d-limonene and only those companies that you have to obtain quotes from by email come up, nothing for the anonymous smalltime consumer at first glance.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 2/20/2009 9:52:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What about d-limonene? Can't you get that in Canada or Europe? It's normally available in food grade form online and not at all a suspicious purchase.

I've searched for it because it could come in handy for my friend. Unfortunatly, it's not available. The only souce I found was sellinge dl-limone for 100$/l

Trips
#19 Posted : 2/20/2009 10:45:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I think my post got lost.

FOr just preparing the seeds to smoke, will 3% ammonia work, or do I need 10%?

Also, d-limonene seems to cross the blood brain barrier and cause not-so-fun things AND it makes crystallization damn near impossible.

Kannamate
#20 Posted : 2/21/2009 5:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
You can toast the seeds and soak them in ammonia for about 10 minutes. Dry the seeds. The alkaloids are now all freebased and very smokeable. The seeds can then be smoked as is.

The toxins are more polar than bufotenine. After soaking the seeds in ammonia and drying them again, the freebase bufotenine will be soluble in moderately non-polar solvents, while the toxins will be less soluble in such solvents. The xylene boil is the easiest way to get rid of the toxins. By melting freebase bufotenine in the boiling xylene, it becomes soluble in it, but the toxins do not.

The other method is to use a room temperature 2:3 solvent mix of MEK:heptane. The freebase bufotenine is soluble in the solvent mix but the toxins aren’t. So you could soak the seeds in ammonia, then dry them and then extract the seeds with the 2:3 solvent mix of MEK:heptane and none of the toxins will be extracted into the solvent mix. Then you dry it and smoke it. Pretty easy if you have access to those solvents, but you apparently don’t.

Do you soak the toasted seeds in ammonia with the shells still on the seeds, or powdered inside material?This sounds easy enough for an amateur like me how do you get crystals once done with the xylene boil just let it evaporate,or filter? Is it the same with the MEK:Heptane mixture(evap,or filter),which one is better, or are they the same? You should do some pic tutorials for us noobs 69ron.

12NEXT