We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The imaginary hair on my tongue Options

ZeroFlight
#1 Posted : 9/23/2012 4:41:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I do not think I have broke through yet, however on each of my strong attempts there has been the sensation that there is a hair on my tongue. So, amidst all this colour that seems to always create the same pattern, I am desperately trying to get this hair off my tongue. I am guessing I have not broke through, even though the experience is still pretty intense, as I am usually still quite aware of my body. In fact this hair on the tongue sensation is really peculiar and keeps me occupied.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
He who knows nothing retains the capacity to know everything

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

hug46
#2 Posted : 9/23/2012 5:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what sort of hair is it? Thick and wiry like a pube or fine like the down of a new born baby"s head? (obviously said baby previously scrubbed of afterbirth). Does it grow out of your toungue with a root system system or lay flaccidly, gently taunting you as you travel. I am not too experienced, but my advice would be to have a gulp of water and metaphorically swallow the little bugger!

d*l*b
#3 Posted : 9/23/2012 6:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I often have the sensation of having something on my tongue that needs to be ejected, I find the sensation can often cause a fair bit of annoyance and discomfort when I’m altered. I can’t say what to do about the issue as it has plagued me for decades and I haven’t managed to find a way to deal with it!
D × V × F > R

hug46
#4 Posted : 9/23/2012 7:05:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

or if the hair cannot be got rid of, embrace as a companion a tripping partner, like the Indians have spirit guides. Your hair could be your spirit guide!

Crazyhorse
#5 Posted : 9/23/2012 9:55:55 PM

Wide eyed and hopeful

I've never experienced anything like that, but it sounds terrible. How distracting!

Could it be something to do with the method of ingestion? How are you taking it?
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

lexiqon
#6 Posted : 9/23/2012 11:14:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn that does sound annoying! Yes, with a breakthrough you will lose awareness of your body. I've never had anything like that on DMT but I've had weird sensations of inhaling dust particles that stick in my mouth and having insects run down my throat on LSD trips. I'd suggest accepting the sensation and trying not to make a big deal of it being there. When you notice it just go yep it's there that's ok and then move your attention to something else and hopefully its distraction will diminish. Otherwise maybe play around with having your mouth open or shut, drinking water, chew some gum beforehand?

ZeroFlight
#7 Posted : 9/24/2012 4:06:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much everyone, your replies were all so interesting and great ideas!

I had a beverage before hand, and attempted again with your thoughts in mind. I am happy to report that simply acknowledging it (and that it wasn't real) was simple enough to discard it from my mind and focus.

I have also purchased a classic VG, and it has made this an amazingly easier process. My experiences seem very different than many people here... I have done 50mg of pure white spice in the vapor genie and broken into a trance of humming, among other things, which I will make a report of soon. Sadly I cannot remember a large portion, but if that wasn't breaking through I don't know what is!

Very glad to be part of this amazing community. I will admit that posting here has led way to some trepidation in my journeys, and I was held back with thoughts that posting here is wrong or unsafe. All your replies helped with that tremendously however! Thank you, and I hope that my fears of venerability due to posting here subside.

Crazyhorse
#8 Posted : 9/24/2012 4:20:06 AM

Wide eyed and hopeful

Glad to hear you found some relief, I'm sure that was unpleasant.

I tend towards the same kinds of worries about posting my activities online so I can definitely understand where you're coming from with that. But try to keep a realistic perspective, chances are almost zero that you are on anyone's radar, or that you will attract any undue attention here. Any LEO's lurking around places like this are looking for big time manufacturers and distributors, they're not going to waste time with individual solo explorers that MIGHT be holding a measly gram or two on a good day. There are thousands like you out there and there is a certain safety in numbers. There are just too many doors to break them all down, they are looking for the ones with big cash prizes inside.

However if it makes you feel a little better, you can look into using a VPN program to hide your IP address, and give you an extra layer of annonyminity.
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

LeftEyeOfHorus
#9 Posted : 9/24/2012 8:42:02 PM

Hello

Hey,

must say one has experienced the said hair on a few occasions, often with cacti, aya and dmt.

During my first breakthrough i had the sensations that the hair was transmitting information :-)

I say embrace it.

Good luck

ZeroFlight
#10 Posted : 9/24/2012 9:23:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, glad to know I am not alone! When I could not find anything else like this at first I thought this was unique to me, but now there are multiple people confirming it!

I would like to add that after some integration I realized that I had not broke through, sadly. I was actually right there, at the edge... and my body refused to let go.

I broke out into a repetitive hum, and was rubbing my legs. I felt like I couldn't breathe and instead of embracing it I instead went into a trance where I kept my body connected to my mind; hyperspace didn't like that.

I had almost forgotten the feeling of gasping for air, as if I couldn't breathe. I know how safe this is, and I know my product does not have anything wrong with it. I have read now that others have had the same problem, and all I would of had to do was let go. I had cleared a lot of spice and after my second inhalation I could not even comprehend using my VG, and sat there frozen until I began my humming and gasping for air.

My best friend was present for this, and when I returned from the gasping and humming his face was in utter shock, hand over his mouth. I began laughing hysterically. One thing about this is no matter how intense it is, when I come back and look at my friend and think about what just happened I get the most overwhelming sense of laughter. All during the day I could remember that moment and my face lights up with a huge smile. I do not even know why, as I think to most people that would be a frightening ordeal.

I also came back with revelations of things I needed to do this week, things that I believe will help me on my next attempt. I have not had any communication via words or speech with entities, however I do feel there is "communication" going on with feelings. Every time I feel as though something is learning from me, more than I am able to learn back from. I feel as though while I'm in this state trying to understand it, there is a being that is feeding off my knowledge.

So, I wait, until this upcoming weekend where I will finally be joined with a fellow traveller in person, and with all the knowledge I have obtained so far I believe I am ready to break through.

This traveller is bringing some caapi, among other tools, possibly changa. Up until this point I have been attempting freebase crystals, pure white. What makes me most sad is that I do not have much left, only enough for a few more journeys, and seems it may be difficult to obtain more.

I truly hope I make it. The next time, my body will have to let go.

lewinii
#11 Posted : 9/25/2012 1:38:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the first time i took mushrooms, i had a very similar experience. i had to keep asking my girlfriend was there a hair on my tongue, there wasnt any. but i really thought that i had one of her hairs on my tongue/lip. it was a strange feeling for sure.
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

Dethrone
#12 Posted : 9/27/2012 1:57:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I had 3 experiences which were fairly intense and near the end of the trips it felt as though I had something in my mouth,or my mouth was dry and needed to swallow.Everytime this happened I would swallow and not only feel as though I was swallowing a diamond but could also see in my mind the diamond I was swallowing.

I was journeying with a friend and asked him if anything like this had ever happened to him(he was much more experienced and I was rather new to DMT).He answered right away and told me it had happened to him exactly like I described.

He said you need to make sure you close your mouth and try to keep it closed during my trips.I was sitting with my mouth slightly agape during these trips and it caused my mouth to dry out and become painful to swallow.He was exactly right and I always try to make sure to have a drink before partaking now.

The visuals and sensations of swallowing the diamonds were rather beautiful,even if they were slightly painful at the time.

Jhoppa
#13 Posted : 9/28/2012 4:36:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have definitely had the hair in my mouth phenomenon. Mostly on LSD and mushrooms, and I've noticed it on my two DMT trial (very low doses). I think it might have happened on 2C-I as well... Maybe not.

Eliyahu
#14 Posted : 9/28/2012 6:54:34 AM
סנדלפון

I have had this happen more than once...not just on DMT but on other psychedelics as well,
I think it just a psychological thing that comes with having pets.
<<<<<
You guys do have pets right?

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

soulfood
#15 Posted : 9/28/2012 11:45:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Yes!!!

I've had this quite a few times to the point that I'm trying to pluck it out of my mouth. It usually feels like 5-10 2 inch hairs.

I had it for ages on ayahuasca once and went to the bathroom mirror to try get a look at what I was doing. I actually think it's quite cool. Smile There's just something awesome about something so artificial feeling 100% real.

Ringworm
#16 Posted : 9/28/2012 1:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this happens often. It is a sign of being dehydrated, you just don't notice it until your in the other place. If you are smoking his compounds it.

throw away soda, drink water, lotsa it. Most folk are dehydrated most of the time and don't know it.
Otherwise don't obsess about your body.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

ZeroFlight
#17 Posted : 9/28/2012 5:03:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Yes!!!

I've had this quite a few times to the point that I'm trying to pluck it out of my mouth. It usually feels like 5-10 2 inch hairs.

I had it for ages on ayahuasca once and went to the bathroom mirror to try get a look at what I was doing. I actually think it's quite cool. Smile There's just something awesome about something so artificial feeling 100% real.

Haha I will admit that I find it absolutely cool and interesting as well!

Not so cool is also how it can make it seem like you cannot breathe. I am still puzzled and wrapping my head around why I felt that way, even though I was able to say "um um um um" over and over again... I knew then that obviously I was breathing if I was able to keep making that sound, but I could not feel it at all!

My eyes were also open for this whole period of time, for some reason the thought to close them didn't manifest. I am sad as I believe it would of been my greatest experience yet.

I still came back with amazing and powerful thoughts on how to improve my life though, just not much memory of the peak itself.

Tis another weekend however... And perhaps another journey.