We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
converting jimjam to crystal question Options

Doodazzle
#1 Posted : 9/22/2012 9:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been getting weird head pressure and headaches just on the come up sometimes when I vape my spice. My spice is full spectrum....so I have to wonder, is there some plant oil or other contaminate here that is causing my troubles, or is it more psychosomatic or what?

I've already had a decent bit of product loss from my own experiments.

Well, there's this https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=28826

endlessness wrote:
If you can get some fumaric acid and some magnesium sulphate, you can use your magnesium sulphate to dry your IPA, then use the dry IPA to dissolve your jimjam, then add FASI to precipitate fumarate crystals. This you can use to consume orally. If you want smokable crystals, just dissolve the fumarates in a bit of warm water, and add a bit of saturated sodium carb solution till it stops cloudying, and into the fridge for 3 days or so to crystallize your DMT freebase out of water. You can check BLAB tek for more thorough description of this fumarate conversion step.

So I have some dmt freebase, dark red brown dry stuff. I've dissolved that in 99% IPA.

Next I'm going to take some of my 99% IPA, saturate it with fumaric acid, then I just add a bit of the FASI to my dmt saturated IPA--how long till it precips and am I putting it in the fridge? I could use some clarification here.

My goal BTW is to take this jimjam and pull from it the purest material that I can, so any other tips are also welcome.

I do have acetone as well and methanol as well...I'm trying to avoid naptha, but I will start over and use whatever materials I need to, if all else fails. i need to figure out this headache thing.

thanks
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Doodazzle
#2 Posted : 9/23/2012 7:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So now I added FASI to my dmt filled IPA and it clouded up. I'll wait 24 hours and see what happens.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/23/2012 11:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it takes more than 24 hours for everything to crystallize, you could leave a couple more days just in case, and you can also stick in the fridge the last day to get everything out.

If for some reason it doesnt precipitate, evap all, freebase by making paste with sodium carb and water and drying, then try acetone and FASA instead of FASI

The cleaner fumarates can then be turned to freebase crystals as BLAB/wiki explains.

Doodazzle
#4 Posted : 9/23/2012 11:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, thanks.

Doodazzle
#5 Posted : 9/27/2012 2:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreadful accident, the dmt laden IPA, spilled-- sacred sauce all over the floor!

So now I just took some full spectrum freebase, from another batch, and I'll try the acetone/FASA method.

.483 grams of brown spice was dissolved into approximately 60 milliliters of acetone.

the liquid is transparent and light brown with a small bit of white sediment.

Since dmt is rather soluble in acetone, I'll assume this precipitate is some unwanted impurity. As such i plan on pouring the acetone through a coffee filter. then I'll take the filtered acetone, add FASA , shake, allow it to sit and then whatever precipitates should be a cleaner fumarate.

Sound right?

endlessness
#6 Posted : 9/27/2012 5:16:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dont shake after adding FASA, just add slowly and let it stand and it will form nicer purer crystals