We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Comparison of breakthrough duration Options

zapped17
#1 Posted : 9/21/2012 3:39:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick question - I searched a bit, but my digging could not turn up an explicit answer.

Sublingual harmalas + vaporized DMT vs. Changa vs. Vaporized DMT (only):

Approximately what is the difference in the duration of a breakthrough achieved via these routes of administration? I know MAOIs lengthen the duration of an entire DMT experience, but by how much time roughly (concerning the breakthrough portion of the experience)?

Obviously, there are individual differences. What have your personal experiences been? Has anyone attempted to record the temporal differences (e.g., with a timer)?

The reason I ask is...
I have very little experience with MAOIs administered in any form (only changa - at breakthrough - once). After a recent bout of some hellish trips, I am going to try incorporating MAOIs (sublingually) prior to vaping, as I understand it greatly reduces the incidence of fear/anxiety/negative trips. However, if I inadvertently happen to find myself in another hellish breakthrough state even with this sublingual MAOI method, I'd like to know for how much longer I might be staying there Wink

Thank you, thank you, and thank you Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Purges
#2 Posted : 9/21/2012 10:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My favourite method is to vape 20-50mg harmalas a few minutes beforehand and then smoke the DMT after. For me, I don't like having a harmala paste under my tongue, and vaping has a pretty much instantaneous effect, where as sublingual requirs a little more patience. Both work nicely however. You'll be fully back in 10-20 mins. Experiment with both and see what works best for you Thumbs up
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 9/21/2012 10:33:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
My favourite method is to vape 20-50mg harmalas a few minutes beforehand and then smoke the DMT after.

do you smoke more harmalas with the DMT? or do you only vape the harmalas prior
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

โ—‹
#4 Posted : 9/22/2012 12:29:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

In my experience sublingual harmalas will extend a spice journey about 5 minutes extra on top of whatever the normal time-range is for the said dose/method of admin. So instead of a 10-15 minute experience, it'll be around a 15-20sh minute experience...sometimes maybe a little longer.

The afterglow can last up to an hour or so for me vs like a half hour without the sublingual harmalas. Obviously brain chem and physiology will make these times vary among person to person, but this is roughly time-wise what I've experienced. Thumbs up

ganesha
#5 Posted : 9/22/2012 2:27:28 AM

remember,happiness doesn´t depend on who you are or what you have,It´s depends solely on what you think d

Hi. I´m in my first steps with Changa too,...Im already try a 50% Passion Flower and 50% Mulien in a 1:1 rate ( aprox) After the Changa was ready I add 10 Siryan Rue seeds (grinded) and some powdered Caapi Vine. The blend was perfect !! And here is my question: Can I take the harmalas ,before vap the Spice,in a Caapi vine tea? If this is the case,what will be the rate? Or it is the best way to extract the harmalas from the Caapi and the SR ? I thank tou in advance!Wink

Silly(c)One
#6 Posted : 9/27/2012 2:25:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drinking a vine or rue tea and vaporizing DMT on top of that can be quite overwhelming for the uninitiated...

I personally prefer to extract harmalas from SR and use that in my changa, it works infinitely better than passion flower.
And caapi is much more expensive than SR for me, so I prefer not to extract from it and only use it in ayahuasca.
I also use caapi to infuse DMT and harmalas, I use the very small bits, almost powder, that are in the bottom of my shredded caapi bags.

1:1:0.25 :: caapi/DMT/harmalas

Purges
#7 Posted : 9/27/2012 10:06:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
Purges wrote:
My favourite method is to vape 20-50mg harmalas a few minutes beforehand and then smoke the DMT after.

do you smoke more harmalas with the DMT? or do you only vape the harmalas prior

I have done both. Smoking both at the same time leads to a more 'full on' blast off, due to the fact that the DMT will be metabolised at the same time as the harmalas. Dosing the harmalas first ensures that they are in full effect by the time you dose the DMT. I have also smoked ~20mg harmalas and added an extra 10 to the DMT, which was nice, but it does mean more vapor to ingest.

I will be working with larger doses of harmalas and lower doses of DMT over the next couple of months, which should be Thumbs up

ganesha
#8 Posted : 9/27/2012 12:08:47 PM

remember,happiness doesn´t depend on who you are or what you have,It´s depends solely on what you think d

[quote=Silly(c)One]Drinking a vine or rue tea and vaporizing DMT on top of that can be quite overwhelming for the uninitiated...

Thank´s for the tip. I just finish to blend my last Changa wich is a 1:1 rate. The plant material mix is 50% Caapi leaves-25% calea- 25% blue lotus. I also add some caapi vine(powder) and rue seedes (grounded). I expect nice experiences with this Changa.

Any way ,I´m still very curious about the Caapi vine and/or rue teas and then vaping Spice on top. All I need is to find a good tea recipe.....Just some more research,and go!

Purges
#9 Posted : 9/27/2012 1:32:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesha wrote:
[quote=Silly(c)One]Drinking a vine or rue tea and vaporizing DMT on top of that can be quite overwhelming for the uninitiated...

Thank´s for the tip. I just finish to blend my last Changa wich is a 1:1 rate. The plant material mix is 50% Caapi leaves-25% calea- 25% blue lotus. I also add some caapi vine(powder) and rue seedes (grounded). I expect nice experiences with this Changa.

Any way ,I´m still very curious about the Caapi vine and/or rue teas and then vaping Spice on top. All I need is to find a good tea recipe.....Just some more research,and go!

I highly recommend extracting the harmalas from caapi / rue for Changa. You will get a much more pronounced harmala effect from freebase alkaloids, plus you can experiment with different quantities in different batches. More work, I know, but worth it! Thumbs up

3rdI
#10 Posted : 9/27/2012 1:36:38 PM

veni, vidi, spici

ganesha wrote:
All I need is to find a good tea recipe.....Just some more research,and go!

Rue/Caapi + water + boiling = tea.

easy peasyThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Doodazzle
#11 Posted : 9/27/2012 1:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the most powerful experiences of my life were from rue tea, 30 minutes wait then vaping spice. Can be QUITE overwhelming. I've never made a changa that could really compare to that, both in duration and intensity.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Doodazzle
#12 Posted : 9/27/2012 1:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
ganesha wrote:
All I need is to find a good tea recipe.....Just some more research,and go!

Rue/Caapi + water + boiling = tea.

easy peasyThumbs up

personally, I leave out the "lemon squeezy"

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

3rdI
#13 Posted : 9/27/2012 1:49:03 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Laughing, as do i.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

ganesha
#14 Posted : 9/27/2012 10:43:18 PM

personally, I leave out the "lemon squeezy"

[/quote]

Excuse me,but,what you mean with¨ -leaveing out the "lemon squeezy"- ? Bcause I have in mind to add some lemon juice into the water I will use to boil the caapi vine, it´s that rigth? I thank you in advanvce...cheers

3rdI
#15 Posted : 9/27/2012 11:02:33 PM

veni, vidi, spici

The saying is "easy peasy, lemon squeezy" but I only used the first part.

Adding some acid can help with the extraction, you can use lemon or vinegar ect. I think vinegar could be better in regards to the taste of the final brew, but don't hold me to that.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

ganesha
#16 Posted : 9/28/2012 12:13:58 PM

Je je, It seems a little silly from me asking for the meaning of lemon squeezy! But Nexus basic slogan is Learn,Share and Expand.....in my case Learn includes english....

Easy peasy lemon squeezy comes from a 197o´s british TV commercial, I know now...TKS !!

Silly(c)One
#17 Posted : 10/2/2012 3:06:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesha wrote:
Silly(c)One wrote:
Drinking a vine or rue tea and vaporizing DMT on top of that can be quite overwhelming for the uninitiated...

I'm not sure we got the same message across...

Do NOT smoke ground rue seeds ! It should be quite nasty ! Thumbs down

Also, do NOT drink vine or rue tea and vaporize DMT on top, it could be overwhelming (uncomfortable).

Instead, do an extraction on rue seeds and use the harmalas in your changa.

ganesha
#18 Posted : 10/3/2012 11:25:45 PM

Silly(c)One wrote:
ganesha wrote:
Silly(c)One wrote:

I'm not sure we got the same message across...

Do NOT smoke ground rue seeds ! It should be quite nasty ! Thumbs down

Also, do NOT drink vine or rue tea and vaporize DMT on top, it could be overwhelming (uncomfortable).

Instead, do an extraction on rue seeds and use the harmalas in your changa.

I guess I read your advice a bit late because I already try some grinded rue seeds in my last changa. I´m not a quite experinced gay,but I feel the effects of the Spice were longer . I also add to the mix some caapi vine powered. Im just finished ( not tryed yet) my secong Changa blend. This time i used Caapi leaves ,syrian rue grinded seeds,passion flower and mullien.
On th other hand ,relate about drinking caapi vine and smoalk on top....what about drinking a small dose of caapi vine tea? Could this make tolerable a regular dose of Spice after the Caapi tea?- Any way I have in mind to make a couple of extractions,one from caapi and one from rue.....Cheers

Silly(c)One
#19 Posted : 10/20/2012 4:37:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ganesha wrote:

I guess I read your advice a bit late because I already try some grinded rue seeds in my last changa. I´m not a quite experinced gay,but I feel the effects of the Spice were longer . I also add to the mix some caapi vine powered. Im just finished ( not tryed yet) my secong Changa blend. This time i used Caapi leaves ,syrian rue grinded seeds,passion flower and mullien.
On th other hand ,relate about drinking caapi vine and smoalk on top....what about drinking a small dose of caapi vine tea? Could this make tolerable a regular dose of Spice after the Caapi tea?- Any way I have in mind to make a couple of extractions,one from caapi and one from rue.....Cheers

Have you read anything I just wrote ?

You're doing exactly the opposite of my advice, and you're asking the same question again ?

I give up.

ganesha
#20 Posted : 10/21/2012 4:53:06 AM

Please,don´t.....don´t give-up yet....Im trying to learn.and .of course,I read very carfully everything you write to me,but I also read a post from dreamer042 ( https://www.dmt-nexus.me...posts&t=8972&p=5 ),in the Ayahuasca forum ,and he says that is fine to vap on top of caapi. As I have to deal with two differents imputs I decide to experience by myself....and I tell you,my friend,that the experience was terrifying!!! I drink my 9 hours boiling Caapi tea in a very cared set&setting.After drink it, I meditate for about 40 min and then I take my GVG loaded with 38mg of Spice....I took a big hit and then I began to feel I was dying....Was the fist time in my life,and I was there,fighting for my life... I was alone,I mean ,without a sitter(great mistake),exept for my two dogs, and I remember ,when I realize I was leaving THIS reality forever,dying, I enter in a panic state difficult to describe in words.......With one hand I try desperately to feel the sofa where I lay,and with the other trying to be in contact with my dogs.Trying to stay HERE!!! They listen to my voice saying....I dont want to die,what stupid I am! and come to my side.....I just couldn´t release myself,couldn´t let it go.....very scary and overwhelming, but interesting.

About my question,I was asking if using a "small amount" of caapi tea would made "less" powerful the vap experience,it is a different question .....Anyway, is already answered!

I will began my Harmalas extraction in any moment...I'll keep you abreast of the progress...
and thanks for not give-up with me !!!!Smile

12NEXT