We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mushrooms, the other jungle spice? Options

mew
#1 Posted : 2/18/2009 12:11:43 AM

huachumancer

is there any other form of naturally occuring dmt in nature,
so far as i know we have-
dmt- spice
5meo dmt- jungle spice
4oh dmt- jungle spice on spice?!?

another interesting thing that has come to my attention is that psilocyban breaks down into psilocin when ingested, so really psilocyban is a tricky compressed form of the spice, its much safer in psilocyban form than psilocin form as psilocin breaks down extremely fast.
one could submerge mushrooms in honey and naturally preserve the psychedelic properties by denying the degradation of the psilocyban, but i doubt psilocin would survive the subhoney hibernation.

ok ok
another nice thing,
cant mushrooms be found on every continent?
are they found in every ecosystem, like n,n dmt?

i personally believe that all forms of DMT are given to man by somthing or someone, or some of us, who knows, but it seems silly to think that the advanced pharmacology of dmt and its ingestion methods, ayahuasca or mushrooms (with chocolate, its insane, sidenote i used 25x cacao and 1.7g cubensis of three strains and sent a friend on quite a wild ride, according to him and his actions and at times lack thereof)
... that this advanced pharmacology was a grand accident or coincidence when such profound and incredible experiences are brought about by them

more sporadic thinking makes me question baeyocytes, i know its the wrong spelling and i should be condemned for not looking it up, but
does anyone know if any other odd mushroom compounds break down into other dmt forms?

if anyone knows of more dmts add them, this is very interesting to me.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

psychonaut
#2 Posted : 2/18/2009 3:02:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

4-OH-DMT is psilocin. All psilocybin is the phosporalated version of psilocin(has a phosphoric acid molecule attached at the 4 position). Forgot 5-OH-DMT, bufotenin, btw !

Could consider baeocystin and norbaeocystin I suppose, both of which are incompletely made versions of psilocybin, not sure quite how they are metabolized though.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 2/18/2009 3:12:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Bufotenin (5-OH-DMT) is another form of DMT found in plants and animals. There are some fish or corals that contain a psilocin analogue, but i cannot remember wich compound it actually is. There is an abundance of tryptamines with simmilar receptor affinity's, occurring in all sort of organisms; plants, fungusses, animals and symbiotic systems such as corrals.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 2/18/2009 3:33:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Wait a minute, since when is 5-meo-DMT called jungle spice? SWIM thought that jungle spice referred to the mystery alkaloid in jurema. 5-meo-DMT, Bufotenine, and the psilcybes are just DMT analogues.

VisualDistortion
#5 Posted : 2/18/2009 6:00:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocyban can't actually cross the blood brain barrier, but psilocin can. If you eat mushies that are high in psilocin before the psilocin has a chance to degrade, you'll know it. It hits alot faster and harder. It's wonderful.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

69ron
#6 Posted : 2/18/2009 6:25:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Psilocyban can't actually cross the blood brain barrier, but psilocin can. If you eat mushies that are high in psilocin before the psilocin has a chance to degrade, you'll know it. It hits alot faster and harder. It's wonderful.

Because psilocybin can’t cross the blood brain barrier until it converts into psilocin in the body, psilocybin hangs around in the body and causes bodily side effects until it gets converted into psilocin and enters the brain. Straight psilocin enters the brain right away, and doesn’t linger around in the body. Because of that, psilocin hits you faster and harder and produces fewer side effects.

I’ve heard that you can convert psilocybin to psilocin and destroy the enzymes present in the mushroom that destroy psilocin by steam cooking the dried mushrooms until all the blue coloring is gone.

SWIM has tried the steam treatment and it makes a HUGE different. After the steam treatment, the mushrooms are more potent and give a much cleaner experience. And they taste much better.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#7 Posted : 2/18/2009 6:29:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Give me more details on this steam treatment. I would love to know anything that can assist my little fungi friends.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 2/18/2009 7:49:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There's even a difference between fresh and dried mushrooms because of changes in this psilocybin/psilocin ratio. Dried mushrooms cause fewer side effects.

69ron
#9 Posted : 2/18/2009 9:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Give me more details on this steam treatment. I would love to know anything that can assist my little fungi friends.

It’s very simple. Just put dried mushrooms in a bamboo steam cooker so that water can’t splash on the mushrooms. Steam cook the dried mushrooms for about 5-10 minutes or until all the blue stains are completely gone. Break open the largest mushroom to ensure it's completely steam cooked. If not cook more.

It’s believed that the following things happen from this process:

* enzymes in the mushroom that oxidize psilocin into an inactive blue chemical get destroyed. This increases the potency of the mushrooms because the enzymes that normally reduce the potency by rapidly oxidizing psilocin have been destroyed.
* psilocybin hydrolyzes into psilocin. This is pure speculation. I don’t know if this actually happens.
* the inactive blue compound is converted by the steam back into psilocin. This is also just speculation.

I’ve also heard that vitamin C can turn the blue inactive compound back into an active compound, but whether or not that active compound is psilocin is unknown. You can easily perform this test to see if it really works. Just put 1 dried untreated bluish mushroom in a cup of pure water and blend it. Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. The results should be a mostly inactive smoothie because all of the enzymes will have destroyed all the actives making the smoother dark blue. Then you take your dark blue inactive smoothie and add 1000 mg of vitamin C to it and blend it. Then consume and test for activity. People SWIM knows say this actually works.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#10 Posted : 2/18/2009 9:39:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I’ve also heard that vitamin C can turn the blue inactive compound back into an active compound, but whether or not that active compound is psilocin is unknown. You can easily perform this test to see if it really works. Just put 1 dried untreated bluish mushroom in a cup of pure water and blend it. Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. The results should be a mostly inactive smoothie because all of the enzymes will have destroyed all the actives making the smoother dark blue. Then you take your dark blue inactive smoothie and add 1000 mg of vitamin C to it and blend it. Then consume and test for activity.

Now that sounds like my kind of researchVery happy

GirlsHateMe
#11 Posted : 2/18/2009 9:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim will have to test that when his shrooms are done
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

#12 Posted : 2/18/2009 10:12:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Amen to that. When the harvest is done, some research will take way! Smile

mew
#13 Posted : 2/19/2009 12:10:27 AM

huachumancer

VisualDistortion wrote:

after i was done eating my tongue and spit were bright blue
hit me in 25 miutes, 15 i think

Exarp
#14 Posted : 2/24/2009 11:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Psilocyban can't actually cross the blood brain barrier, but psilocin can.

Then what to hell happens when combine Syrian rue and shroomsShocked ?
SWIM have some experience (one almost ended by calling paramedics, but luckily...fijuf!!!) and that effect, beside it it is stronger, also is different.

How much is MAO involved in psilocybine/psilocine metabolism? SWIM tought that maybe Psilocibine is preserved and maybe got to brain. But now, that sound so stupidConfused
Just keep the balance...the middle path...
93 93/93