We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Biking! Options

mailorderdiety
#21 Posted : 3/13/2013 8:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

great topic!!!!

Cycling showed me a world i didn't know was available. I started late in life, i just had a beach cruiser and at age 40 found out i could go fast when i saw a bunch of renegade bike partiers rollin by at night. I joined them and discovered both the freedom of going where ever you want and tapping your body/minds' potential.

It was a natural anti-depressant and i've met so many amazing people because of it. I was able to meet antrocles due to cycling and i'm going on ride right now after typing this. I can now ride 100 miles straight without stopping if racing and i just rode from la->sf...(300 miles of it). So fun!!!

Cycling prepared me for dmt... Dmt prepares me for cycling.

I have a fixed gear steel(favorite)
carbon race bike
steel cylocross i use for cross country/touring
mailorderdiety attached the following image(s):
IMG_1714.JPG (1,897kb) downloaded 77 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Day Tripper
#22 Posted : 3/13/2013 9:55:14 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Living in the mountains, its probably one of my favorite activities. I felt the healthiest i've ever been mentally/physically last summer when i took it to heart and was off on dirt roads for hours at least a few times a week. Averaging around 50m weekly on hilly dirtroads, and a few treks to mountain lakes ~20m away from my home. I love where i live.

The shortfall was winter (5400ft high sierras showcover is usually from dec-mar/april), but everyone knows i'm a stubborn jackass, and if theres not too much powder on the roads, i'll be riding to work. Everyday.

Just want the snow to melt so i can get out in the woods and RIDE!!

Never owned a car and don't plan to unless theres no other options.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Hieronymous
#23 Posted : 3/13/2013 10:01:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done my fair share of cycling.

I started riding an old clunker of a mountain bike to get to my patch in the bush, it was all soft loose sand, so I developed a technique where I'd lean back slightly and repetitively pull up on the handlebars and I could ride over really soft sand very effectively. It was very hard work though.

One day I rode into the nearest town and along the way I rode past a group of cyclists involved in a road race (they were riding road bikes and I was on my clunker). As we rounded the final bend it was about 1km to the finish and the group started to increase tempo and they caught up to me. I sped up too and stayed with them until the final sprint when 1 guy started to pull away, I put a big sprint in and came from behind to beat him by about one bike length.

After the race I was so exhausted that I to stop and get off while I caught my breath and the owner of the bike shop who'd organised the race came over to me laughing his head off. He thought it was hilarious to see a yobbo dressed in jeans, thongs (flip-flops not a G string) and flannalette shirt with sleeves ripped off outsprint a group experienced cyclists while riding a mountain bike.

He talked me into having a race with the club which I did and I won.

I really got into it after that and started racing every week and doing up to 1000 km each week training.

I started doing this thing in a race where I'd pull a tic-tac out of my pouch and then hold it up to show the other riders. Then I'd pretend I was Roger Ramjet and I'd say "This pill will give me the power of 10 atom bombs" and then I'd eat the tic-tac and put an effort in and pull away from the pack singing "Roger Ramjet he's our man hero of the nation".

A few times when I did it at first, I left the peleton behind and won the race by a large margin. After a while it turned into a form of Pavlovian conditioning for the regular riders I'd race against, when they'd see me with the tic-tac or hear me start to say the Roger Ramjet line they would launch into a sprint to try to get the jump me. I would use that to my advantage and sit behind them letting them cut the wind (bludging) and then pull out at the last minute when the sprint approached the finish line and many times I'd win that way too.

Most of the bike club members were upper class snooty pricks that I didn't get along with and some of them really hated me. I think a large part of it was jealousy because they had 2000 dollar bikes and I was beating them on a 2nd hand heap of crap. Just to piss them off I'd turn up late to races with my car stereo playing 32-20 by Chain (I'm gonna shoot my girl, I'm gonna shoot my bitch and go) drinking a can of beer and smoking cigarettes.

Ah those were the days.

Infundibulum
#24 Posted : 3/13/2013 11:04:49 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I know nothing about biking, but I gotta say that this thread's title reads either like "Bikini" or "Viking" and misleads me all the time.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Mindlusion
#25 Posted : 3/14/2013 3:25:10 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

polytrip wrote:
'Whoops, i don´t think this is going entirely like i want it to'

hehehe, gotta love this, I swear everyone must have the exact same phrase in their head for that half-second they are airborne Big grin

For me it happened on a snowboard right before snapping my humerous in two. approaching the gap , caught an edge.

"Whoops, this going to hurt."

---

Infundibulum wrote:
I know nothing about biking, but I gotta say that this thread's title reads either like "Bikini" or "Viking" and misleads me all the time.

LOL wut, When i first saw it I thought it said viking at first too Laughing
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

DMTripper
#26 Posted : 3/17/2013 11:49:56 PM

John Murdoch IV

Hieronymous wrote:

Most of the bike club members were upper class snooty pricks that I didn't get along with and some of them really hated me. I think a large part of it was jealousy because they had 2000 dollar bikes and I was beating them on a 2nd hand heap of crap. Just to piss them off I'd turn up late to races with my car stereo playing 32-20 by Chain (I'm gonna shoot my girl, I'm gonna shoot my bitch and go) drinking a can of beer and smoking cigarettes.

Ah those were the days.

Hahaha would have loved to see that Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

PREV12