We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Biking! Options

Sky Motion
#1 Posted : 9/18/2012 8:15:14 PM

<3

Hey all, I wanted to start a little thread for the bikers of the nexus, I know there has to be a few!

The benefits of biking somewhere instead of driving are too many to name..here's a few though:

- Improved health
- Save gas/emissions/money
- Feel good about going somewhere knowing you put the energy in to make it happen
- Great way to travel and meet friends
- Provides inner peace (riding is fun, especially in scenic areas)

I myself have a nice little one-gear cruiser that I ride to work, school and friends house everyday. Sometimes I even put on over 10 miles a day if there's lots to be done.

I wake up feeling better, look forward to going places, and have found an amazing hobby that I really want to share! If you have any questions about biking, or just want to post a picture of your bike and talk about biking in general, feel free to post!

Much love!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

proto-pax
#2 Posted : 10/10/2012 3:03:56 AM

bird-brain

lol maybe not so many of us.

i dn't have a car and don't see the need for one

mountain biking is hella fun to. Might get into racing as well, but im not sure if i want to devote that much time to it.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

staresatwalls
#3 Posted : 10/10/2012 3:59:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

great thread sky motion. i love to ride my bike but bmx instead of transportation because i live in a spread out suburban area. here's my bike. i like riding at the skate park for exercise b/c repetitive exercises are so boring.
staresatwalls attached the following image(s):
muhbike.JPG (2,144kb) downloaded 247 time(s).
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

spinCycle
#4 Posted : 10/10/2012 8:08:12 PM

Life is Art is Life

Good to meet you.

I love to ride my bike and ski.

Smile
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

#5 Posted : 10/10/2012 8:21:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I ride my mountain bike around my area which consists of alota back country road and at the trails at the park near my house. I prefer it to running, especially on the trails...such an excellent workout. Now with fall fast approaching and the light of this thread...I think im gonna have to break er' out and go to the park within the next few days. Smile

polytrip
#6 Posted : 10/10/2012 8:48:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Yeah, biking is fun. A year ago though, i was going down a hill realy fast and i didn´t notice the root of a tree sticking out of the ground, so i was catapulted into the air. What´s funny, is that although my flight probably took less than a second, i clearly remember thinking before i hit the ground 'Whoops, i don´t think this is going entirely like i want it to' Very happy Funny how fear can make time go slower so that you still have the time to express those kind of thoughts to yourself. Luckily i just had some bruces and scratches.

untimelyethos
#7 Posted : 1/10/2013 1:35:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to revive this biking topic.

An avid biker myself, I started riding to save gas and become healthier (it was maybe more guilt driven). But now I have used it as a centering and meditative process, as well as a practice in patience. I find that when my body is entertained physically, my mind can truly wander and reflect (i.e., I don't worry about my body because it is "involved"Pleased. Outside bike rides are opportunities for reflection on the outside world (taking in all the noises, sights - being a silent observer) and indoor rides are more self-reflective and contemplative (constant humming of bike seems to cancel out other sound and clear my mind).

Do any other nexians use biking in this way?

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 1/10/2013 1:48:40 AM

John Murdoch IV

I absolutely love to ride my mountain bike all around. I don't use it much for transportation thou. I just take day rides sometimes, but mostly in summer. When I start I can go all day long up and down hills and even with my daughter in her seat. But last summer was the last for that. She's going to be too big next summer. But then she needs her own bike.

I can go over 50km. a day sometimes. It's like I only get tired to a certain point but then I can go on forever. And it feels so good and it's so much fun.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

untimelyethos
#9 Posted : 1/10/2013 2:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
It's like I only get tired to a certain point but then I can go on forever.

Biking > running.

After trying to run for a couple months I felt like I would hit and wall and over time I felt like I was doing damage to my knees (probably improper running form...hardly anyone talks about running form. Or maybe I'm just not in the right circles haha).

Biking never did that to my body. Feels great every time and I feel stronger and more confident with each ride too!

Anyone here do triatholons? I have a friend who does them, but it seems more punishment than pleasure Confused

christian
#10 Posted : 1/10/2013 10:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Sky!

I also love cycling. I have a touring bike, and just love going on long bike rides. You really can't beat the feeling of cycling outdoors in a nice environment. In a sense, It's like being a child again. Whilst i used to go fast, thesedays i prefer to enjoy my cycling. It leaves me invigorated and feeling empowered that i did it all myself, when some people are too lazy and drive.

You can't beat the feeling post cycling either. No gym workout leaves me feeling as good. As much as i love to lift weights, cycling is by far a more liberating experience and wonderful thing IMO! Very happy
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Macre
#11 Posted : 1/10/2013 11:48:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice thread. Oh man, there's loads or bikers on the Nexus. Mountain biking is my thing, though I'd gladly participate in all types. I drive too, but I bike for fun and fitness.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Jin
#12 Posted : 1/10/2013 8:53:32 PM

yes

this thread has inspired me to start again
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Parshvik Chintan
#13 Posted : 1/10/2013 9:56:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am not an avid biker, but since moving up here i have spent some time biking around hidden trails the past 2 summers (all i have is a beach cruiser, which is hardly suited to the mountainous trails even when there isn't snow out).
i bring a pipe loaded with the cannabis for a cool nature smoke sesh.
it is some of the most fun exercise i have had.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Phantastica
#14 Posted : 1/11/2013 7:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice threadSmile i agree, bike riding is pure awesomeness.
about a month ago, a bunch of stuff happened that caused me to lose my car. it got flooded with rainstorm water, then engine, radiator, battery topped working. after that it got broken into and vandalized. then it got towed, and due to its condition, i was forced to sell it to junkyard. what a bummer, but im over it nowRazz
So my bike is my primary commuting option now.
love the air in my face, and its a great workout. it energizes and re-vitalizes. awesomeness!
Phantastica attached the following image(s):
bike.jpg (86kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
<3

hug46
#15 Posted : 1/13/2013 2:04:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i bike everywhere and it is my one major materialistic weakness, the whole "point of a journey is not to arrive" vibe is made concrete for me, its like flying (i think) and is definitely good for my soul, below is a piccy of my little chickens
hug46 attached the following image(s):
P09-07-12_01-05.jpg (347kb) downloaded 124 time(s).

cyb
#16 Posted : 1/13/2013 9:47:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Since we've entered into the motorised versions...
I'll share my old lowridin' hardtail that I built...Pleased

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

proto-pax
#17 Posted : 1/13/2013 3:35:26 PM

bird-brain

Nothing against motorcycles (if I ever get motor vehicle it will be those) but I really don't feel they are appropriate in regards to what belongs in a cycling thread.Think of it in reverse......

Please don't post any more motorcycles here.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

CuriousSeeker
#18 Posted : 1/13/2013 3:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mountain biking is as at least as important for my mental state as for my physical. Being out in the woods is an alternating meditative mix of hyper micro focus on the minutia of the trail to keep from crashing, and big picture views of being amongst the trees, moss and flowers. Usually I ride solo so I only have one competitor to deal with. Twisted Evil Also, I find that a bit of cannabis fits in perfectly with the flow!

CuriousSeeker attached the following image(s):
lizard biker.gif (6kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
A scale is a wonderful thing. Everything else posted by CS is lunatic fiction.

hug46
#19 Posted : 1/14/2013 10:14:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
Nothing against motorcycles (if I ever get motor vehicle it will be those) but I really don't feel they are appropriate in regards to what belongs in a cycling thread.Think of it in reverse......

Please don't post any more motorcycles here.

apologies for part derailing thread, but if in reverse i would have no problem, i see us as 2 wheeled brethren who get similar feelings out in the elements,
To redress the balance i shall post a pic of my pushbike that i sometimes ride aswell, but not as much as i should.
hug46 attached the following image(s):
P13-01-13_16-52.jpg (278kb) downloaded 72 time(s).

DeDao
#20 Posted : 3/13/2013 8:15:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YES! Other bikers for the win!

Love
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

12NEXT