We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca recipe Options

sonatine
#1 Posted : 9/17/2012 10:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi:-) Can I make ayahuasca from powdered mimosa root bark? Do you know a easy recipe, or have a link to one?
Do you know a good and easy recipe for brewing the syrian rue as well? Im not that good in english, so I havent been able to find a recipe that I fully understand, so I will be really really happy if someone can help me with an easy step by step recipe... :-)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Strangeling
#2 Posted : 9/18/2012 3:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've used Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark several times and developed a pretty basic recipe, its very simple and takes a few days, yet it works every timeBig grin . But you need "00" gel capsules.

Materials:
- Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark
- Syrian rue
- "00" capsules(Can be found in most health stores)
- Large pot
- (2) 2 liter plastic bottles

Step 1: Pack 3-4 grams of Syrian rue into your gel caps.

Step 2: Boil your MHRB for a couple hours (stir constantly).

Step 3: Let it cool, then put it in the first 2 liter bottle then freeze.

Step 4: Unfreeze, the sediment powder will collect at the bottom leaving a clear red liquid on top. Put clear red liquid into second 2 liter bottle and put it in the fridge. Boil the sediment powder again.

Step 5: Repeat Step 2 to 4 until sediment powder looses most of its color and taste.

Step 6: At this point you're left with a 2 liter bottle full of dark red liquid that tastes really bad. Boil it down to concentrate it, I usually boil it down so that one shot glass is equal 8g of MHRB.

Notes: Eat the rue capsules about 45 minutes before drinking the brew. It works well, but my doses are on the strong side so take it slow. Also you can add lemon juice or vinegar while boiling to get as much of the alkaloids as possible, I personal don't because the brew already tastes horrible enough.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!Thumbs up
When you're strange...faces come out of the rain...When you're strange...no one remembers your name...

sonatine
#3 Posted : 9/18/2012 5:47:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for your reply!! Yeah, this looks like something I can manage;-)
I want to brew 6 doses with 5 grams in each dose, so then I put all the rootbark in with the 2 liters of water in the pot right?
How long do I boil the sediment powder in step 4?
What do I do with the water that I put in the fridge? Do I put it back in the pot with the sediment powder, and then repeat step 2-4?
What is the difference in brewing the syrian rue, and just swollowing the whole seeds??

Strangeling
#4 Posted : 9/18/2012 9:55:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I forgot to mention, powder the rue seeds before putting them into capsules, also I found the difference between brewing the rue and just eating it was the amount of discomfort in the stomach. The first couple of times I brewed rue I found it had a tendency to cause diarrhea and that can adversely affect the journey seeing as how you'd have to spend most of it in the bathroom.

As for the bottle in the fridge, you just separate the red liquid every time from your unfrozen brew(step 4) and keep adding it to that bottle. Then throw the chunky sediment back into your pot add more water and brew again. I brew it for about 1-2 hours a day and let it freeze overnight, takes me about a week to finish a brew. I know its long but its worth it.

At the END(after 3-7 days of brewing) you should have a 2 liter bottle full of red liquid and the other half sediment half liquid, pour the liquid from the bottle with the sediment into your pot then throw out the sediment. Add the red liquid from the full 2 liter and brew it down to your desired dose. When its ready to drink it should look as dark as coffee.

I hope that answers your questions, Aya is very sensitive to intentions so try to keep a positive aura while your brewing, burn some incense and/or sage, it really helps!

Have a good journey.
When you're strange...faces come out of the rain...When you're strange...no one remembers your name...

sonatine
#5 Posted : 9/19/2012 10:54:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Think I got it now, thank you so much!!! Big grin Im so grateful for your answer. You are a really beautful soul. Love and blessings to you<3